Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So who is left that you would trade the 2019 1st for?

(04-27-2018, 01:13 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Unless you are getting a franchise QB.

I'm not trading a future 1st rounder to move up for Rudolph.

I'll take my chances for Lauletta or White to fall. Given the talent currently on the board I like those chances.
We already have a "White" and "Lauletta" on our team in Cody Kessler.  They are career backups, not franchise material.  

If you don't think Blake is the future of the franchise you either trade to get Mason Rudolph or trade with the Jets to get Teddy Bridgewater.  The Jets will keep McCown to tudor Darnold who now have no need for Teddy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 02:56 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Honestly, if the Jaguars had a QB in mind that they wanted and felt would lead this team to a championship that they didn't feel would be available at pick #61 (or somewhere they could trade up without losing too much), they would have drafted him instead of Bryant.

(04-27-2018, 02:48 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Honestly, if the Jaguars had a QB in mind  that they wanted and felt would lead this team to a championship that they didn't feel would be available at pick #61 (or somewhere they could trade up without losing too much), they would have drafted him instead of Bryant.

Finally a voice of reason for petes sake.

(04-27-2018, 02:48 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Honestly, if the Jaguars had a QB in mind  that they wanted and felt would lead this team to a championship that they didn't feel would be available at pick #61 (or somewhere they could trade up without losing too much), they would have drafted him instead of Bryant.

Kobe Bryant?

(04-27-2018, 02:44 PM)JaxonJag24 Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 01:13 PM)knarnn Wrote: I'm not trading a future 1st rounder to move up for Rudolph.

I'll take my chances for Lauletta or White to fall. Given the talent currently on the board I like those chances.
We already have a "White" and "Lauletta" on our team in Cody Kessler.  They are career backups, not franchise material.  

If you don't think Blake is the future of the franchise you either trade to get Mason Rudolph or trade with the Jets to get Teddy Bridgewater.  The Jets will keep McCown to tudor Darnold who now have no need for Teddy.

Bridgewater is not a franchise QB. If he was, they wouldn't have drafted Darnold.

(04-27-2018, 02:44 PM)JaxonJag24 Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 01:13 PM)knarnn Wrote: I'm not trading a future 1st rounder to move up for Rudolph.

If you don't think Blake is the future of the franchise you either trade to get Mason Rudolph...

^^ This ^^
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I knew the Jags weren't going to trade up for one of the top QB's. It would've been too expensive. Even moving from #29 to #15, (where Rosen went), would've cost us multiple high picks. That just wasn't realistically going to happen. I know the Jags probably don't have a QB in mind, but IMO, they should. They have no backup plan in place, if Bortles doesn't take that step forward. Kessler sure isn't a starting caliber QB, but considering what we got him for, (which is basically nothing), he's a decent backup for now. He's just no threat to Bortles starting job at all.

(04-27-2018, 03:33 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 02:44 PM)JaxonJag24 Wrote: We already have a "White" and "Lauletta" on our team in Cody Kessler.  They are career backups, not franchise material.  

If you don't think Blake is the future of the franchise you either trade to get Mason Rudolph...

^^ This ^^

They signed Blake to an extension and went out an got a solid backup. I don't think we are still asking if they think he is the future. At least it should be clear that they do not think Blake's replacement is in this draft class.

(04-27-2018, 03:37 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 03:33 PM)pirkster Wrote: ^^ This ^^

They signed Blake to an extension and went out an got a solid backup. I don't think we are still asking if they think he is the future. At least it should be clear that they do not think Blake's replacement is in this draft class.

We didn't sign Blake to an extension because we thought he was the future. We signed him to a short term extension, because it gave us some cap relief. We didn't want $19 million on the books for next year. Franchise QB's don't sign 3 year extensions. They sign 5-7 year extensions. His deal is really easy to get out of as well. Maybe they don't see his replacement in this draft class, but next year's class is a lot less talented, so I certainly wouldn't count on someone from that class to be an upgrade.

Trading up to get Rudolph is fine, if that's what Dave and Coughlin want to do, and see him as a potential QB of the future (either to trade if blake develops, or start if he doesn't).

Using a 1st to do it... I don't think so. If they thought Rudolph could be the guy, and need to trade up--and don't have enough ammo to do so--they would have been better off taking him over Bryant. It's just bad value.

(04-27-2018, 04:02 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Trading up to get Rudolph is fine, if that's what Dave and Coughlin want to do, and see him as a potential QB of the future (either to trade if blake develops, or start if he doesn't).

Using a 1st to do it... I don't think so.  If they thought Rudolph could be the guy, and need to trade up--and don't have enough ammo to do so--they would have been better off taking him over Bryant.  It's just bad value.

That's all I'm sayin'.

(04-27-2018, 04:02 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Trading up to get Rudolph is fine, if that's what Dave and Coughlin want to do, and see him as a potential QB of the future (either to trade if blake develops, or start if he doesn't).

Using a 1st to do it... I don't think so.  If they thought Rudolph could be the guy, and need to trade up--and don't have enough ammo to do so--they would have been better off taking him over Bryant.  It's just bad value.

Is this Kobe you keep speaking of?

No chance I'm trading next year's first.
'02

(04-27-2018, 12:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Nobody, you dont trade away a future 1st for a 2nd

Unless you are getting a franchise QB.

if they felt he was a franchise QB they would of just took him with our last pick instead of losing a future 1st