Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What position will the Jags draft at #61?
This poll is closed.
OL
43.33%
13 43.33%
WR
23.33%
7 23.33%
QB
10.00%
3 10.00%
TE
16.67%
5 16.67%
RB
0%
0 0%
LB
6.67%
2 6.67%
S
0%
0 0%
CB
0%
0 0%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NFL Draft - Rounds 2&3 - Live Thread

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 03:04 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-27-2018, 03:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 02:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I really don't think this team intends to fill the RG position. I believe they are set on sticking with Cann. Even though that makes me sad.
You think hes gonna get an extension?  This is the last year on his contract

No. I think they want him to play out his contract and then they will assess the position after the season.

(04-27-2018, 02:50 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 02:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I really don't think this team intends to fill the RG position. I believe they are set on sticking with Cann. Even though that makes me sad.

Jesus man. Step back from the ledge. We've gone through ONE round.

It's not stepping on a ledge. It's just an observation.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-27-2018, 03:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 03:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You think hes gonna get an extension?  This is the last year on his contract

No. I think they want him to play out his contract and then they will assess the position after the season.

(04-27-2018, 02:50 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Jesus man. Step back from the ledge. We've gone through ONE round.

It's not an observation. It's a guess. You don't know their intentions at RG at all. You're just afraid they like Cann there.

Caldwell said we don't have any glaring needs so it's kinda tricky to "Need Draft" when you have none

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 04:02 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-27-2018, 03:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 03:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No. I think they want him to play out his contract and then they will assess the position after the season.

It's not an observation. It's a guess. You don't know their intentions at RG at all. You're just afraid they like Cann there.

My reasoning is that if they wanted to fill the RG position they would've taken an elite road grader type player like Hernandez, instead of drafting for a position where we already have an elite starter. If their gonna pass on the position where top guys were available, I just don't see them addressing it at all. I hope I'm wrong and we draft someone like Austin Corbett in round 2, but seeing the run that was made on interior linemen at the end of round 1, I doubt he, Hernandez, Crosby or even Braden Smith fall that far.

Look for the Cowboys to select a TE tonight as Jason Witten just retired.

(04-27-2018, 03:57 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Caldwell said we don't have any glaring needs so it's kinda tricky to "Need Draft" when you have none

Caldwell must not have eyes. Cann stinks and we never signed someone to replace Poz. We have no strong side LB. Isn't that a need?

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 04:27 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(04-27-2018, 03:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 03:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's not an observation. It's a guess. You don't know their intentions at RG at all. You're just afraid they like Cann there.

My reasoning is that if they wanted to fill the RG position they would've taken an elite road grader type player like Hernandez, instead of drafting for a position where we already have an elite starter. If their gonna pass on the position where top guys were available, I just don't see them addressing it at all. I hope I'm wrong and we draft someone like Austin Corbett in round 2, but seeing the run that was made on interior linemen at the end of round 1, I doubt he, Hernandez, Crosby or even Braden Smith fall that far.

So because they took a highly rated DT that fell to them, who was graded significantly higher than the other players on their board, that gives you the sense that they wont address the position at all?

Bryan was graded significantly higher than Hernandez. Simple as that.

(04-27-2018, 04:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 03:57 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Caldwell said we don't have any glaring needs so it's kinda tricky to "Need Draft" when you have none

Caldwell must not have eyes. Cann stinks and we never signed someone to replace Poz. We have no strong side LB. Isn't that a need?

Apparently they feel better about Blair Brown than you do
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-27-2018, 04:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 03:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: My reasoning is that if they wanted to fill the RG position they would've taken an elite road grader type player like Hernandez, instead of drafting for a position where we already have an elite starter. If their gonna pass on the position where top guys were available, I just don't see them addressing it at all. I hope I'm wrong and we draft someone like Austin Corbett in round 2, but seeing the run that was made on interior linemen at the end of round 1, I doubt he, Hernandez, Crosby or even Braden Smith fall that far.

So because they took a highly rated DT that fell to them, who was graded significantly higher than the other players on their board, that gives you the sense that they wont address the position at all?

Bryan was graded significantly higher than Hernandez. Simple as that.

(04-27-2018, 04:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Caldwell must not have eyes. Cann stinks and we never signed someone to replace Poz. We have no strong side LB. Isn't that a need?

Apparently they feel better about Blair Brown than you do

If Brown were taking over at MLB, I might agree with you but there is nothing about him that translates to SSLB. Who knows, maybe the team plans to move Jack to SSLB and kick Brown inside, but from everything I've heard, the plan was to have Jack at MLB. If that is indeed the case, I see not other option, but to draft a SSLB. Brown is purely a MLB. He's certainly no SSLB.

It's really sad to see more news coming out about Mo Hurst's heart condition being worse than let on. Top 10 talent in the draft that might go undrafted now. Poor kid.

(04-27-2018, 04:38 PM)Upper Wrote: It's really sad to see more news coming out about Mo Hurst's heart condition being worse than let on. Top 10 talent in the draft that might go undrafted now. Poor kid.

That is too bad but I don't see him going in the top 10 if he was healthy. I like Taven better than him, way more athletic

(04-27-2018, 04:38 PM)Upper Wrote: It's really sad to see more news coming out about Mo Hurst's heart condition being worse than let on. Top 10 talent in the draft that might go undrafted now. Poor kid.

I didn't see that. The kid was definitely talented. I hope he gets a chance.

(04-27-2018, 04:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I didn't see that. The kid was definitely talented. I hope he gets a chance.

Yeah the condition is treatable, but to fix it would require him to end his career. Is a team going to risk taking on that liability letting him play through a heart condition that could otherwise be fixed and he can lead a happy and hopefully healthy life, but without football? Word right now is most teams are going to say no to that.

Caldwell mentioned there was some O-Line prospects he was considering that went before taking Bryan. I think Guard and Tackle is still in play.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-27-2018, 05:32 PM)knarnn Wrote:

Caldwell mentioned there was some O-Line prospects he was considering that went before taking Bryan. I think Guard and Tackle is still in play.

Probably Ragnow

(04-27-2018, 05:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 05:32 PM)knarnn Wrote: Caldwell mentioned there was some O-Line prospects he was considering that went before taking Bryan. I think Guard and Tackle is still in play.

Probably Ragnow

I bet it was Price.

Im thinking 1a Wynn and 1b Ragnow.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 06:06 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

(04-27-2018, 02:38 PM)Dimson Wrote:

If they don't do that in the 2nd, I think all the guards capable of replacing Cann will be gone before they pick in round 3.

Not so fast my friend. OG is deep in this draft. Tons of guards we could take with our fourth rounder and beyond. 

1. Skyler Phillips
2. Will Clapp
3. Maea Teuhema 
4. Colby Gosset
5. Tony Adams
6. Jamil Demby
7. Nick Gates
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I'm guessing they trade up to pick a TE.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 06:13 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-27-2018, 06:00 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 02:38 PM)Dimson Wrote: If they don't do that in the 2nd, I think all the guards capable of replacing Cann will be gone before they pick in round 3.

Not so fast my friend. OG is deep in this draft. Tons of guards we could take with our fourth rounder and beyond. 

1. Skyler Phillips
2. Will Clapp
3. Maea Teuhema 
4. Colby Gosset
5. Tony Adams
6. Jamil Demby
7. Nick Gates

I like Gossett and he fits what we wanna do. I love Tony Adams, but he is smaller and doesn't fit the normal type of players we draft on the O-Line, so I doubt we'd even consider him. I doubt any of the other guys could clearly beat out Cann.

If we don't pick a TE until late, keep an eye on this name, Damon Gibson of Minnesota State Moorhead. I really like what I've been reading on him and apparently NFL teams are starting to take notice.

Jamarco Jones...possible RT...can he play RG?

Goedert runs funny
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS