Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone play MLB 18 The Show?

Just wondering if anyone has a take.

I think the last (and first) I played on ps4 was 15?  (the Pujols cover)

I was wondering what folks/fans of the series thought.  It gets great reviews and is said to be the best looking yet.  I just had trouble with the length of the games, though I do love the ballparks and gameplay on 15.

Also, $60 is pretty hefty for a baseball game IMO.  So, wondering if anyone felt it was worth it or worth waiting.

I miss the home run derby feature from the old ps2 game.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I haven't played The Show since 12'. Apparently they removed season mode for 2018?

Personally I wait for price drops on most sports games. Then again, I don't any online gaming and just like to mess around offline. Probably why my favorite baseball games are Dusty Diamond's and Mario Baseball.

My son plays it and he loves it. it has by far the most customization of any MLB game yet.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I have it and it's quite addicting. Road to the show and franchise consume quite a bit of my free time.

It's so hard to get a decent MLB game over here in the UK. I like my sports games to be quite realistic in terms of stadia and personnel. We have the cartoon/fun type baseball games but a good quality MLB game is hard to come by.

Any UK readers of this board had any more successful experiences, let me know..

I know you can get digital downloads or straight from the Xbox Store, but I'm a cheapskate and I want to pay as little as possible. Especially seeing as COD WW2 is still my main game.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(05-21-2018, 08:10 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: It's so hard to get a decent MLB game over here in the UK. I like my sports games to be quite realistic in terms of stadia and personnel. We have the cartoon/fun type baseball games but a good quality MLB game is hard to come by.

I know you can get digital downloads or straight from the Xbox Store, but I'm a cheapskate and I want to pay as little as possible. Especially seeing as COD WW2 is still my main game.

A couple of years ago xbox stopped producing their realistic baseball game. I think it was the 2k franchise. They only had RBI baseball available which is the cartoony game you are probably referencing. That's actually the reason I switched to a PS4, because they offered the show. It actually ended up being a great decision and I would recommend to anyone considering the switch.

(05-21-2018, 03:34 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(05-21-2018, 08:10 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: It's so hard to get a decent MLB game over here in the UK. I like my sports games to be quite realistic in terms of stadia and personnel. We have the cartoon/fun type baseball games but a good quality MLB game is hard to come by.

A couple of years ago xbox stopped producing their realistic baseball game. I think it was the 2k franchise. They only had RBI baseball available which is the cartoony game you are probably referencing. That's actually the reason I switched to a PS4, because they offered the show. It actually ended up being a great decision and I would recommend to anyone considering the switch.

If I had the money, I'd have both Xbox and PS4.. but alas, I don't. The perils of having a 4 week old and a 7 year old who doesn't stop eating.. haha..

The real cartoony game I was referring to was called Super Mega Baseball.. don't get me wrong, it looks like a whole load of fun, but not quite the game I'm looking for. Shame Xbox stopped producing a realistic baseball game. Then again, I'm not entirely sure it would be popular enough to stock "on the shelves" here in the UK anyway. Baseball is reasonably popular, but not on the same level as the NBA or NFL.. maybe that'll change after the first MLB game comes here next year (something I'm going to try and attend, ticket prices depending).
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I hate that MLB is a PS4 exclusive. My son is always wanting to play my PS4, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I broke down and got the game.

It's got home run derby... and probably even more fun -> has a retro mode with throwback basic "one button" controls, and lays old school (16-32 bit) art and sound effects on top of the game's modern player and stadium graphics.

Fun game.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."