Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Overall draft grade

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2018, 04:16 PM by Achilles.)

(04-29-2018, 03:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: A+

[Image: xDNOqr]

Most of these draft grades are clearly based on the fans' perception of these draft prospects and not the general consensus national rankings. 

If everyone was grading our draft off of the perceived draft value of the pros, there is no way we don't get a B or higher every time.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-29-2018, 04:16 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 03:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: A+

[Image: xDNOqr]

Most of these draft grades are clearly based on the fans' perception of these draft prospects and not the general consensus national rankings. 

If everyone was grading our draft off of the perceived draft value of the pros, there is no way we don't get a B or higher every time.
Yeah. True. 

I was trying to make a joke actually but couldn’t get the gif to post from my tablet.

(04-29-2018, 05:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 04:16 PM)Achilles Wrote: Most of these draft grades are clearly based on the fans' perception of these draft prospects and not the general consensus national rankings. 

Yeah. True. 

I was trying to make a joke actually but couldn’t get the gif to post from my tablet.

Well now I need to know
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(04-29-2018, 05:20 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 05:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah. True. 

Well now I need to know

This is how I see the Jags new-look front office on draft day:

[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-28-2018, 07:55 PM)JNev Wrote: Does the Meeks UDFA signing raise the grade any? He's a 3rd-5th rd CB from what I understand

If he were a third round corner, he would have gone in the third round. 32 teams passed on him 256 times. He's an undrafted free agent.

(04-29-2018, 07:23 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-28-2018, 07:55 PM)JNev Wrote: Does the Meeks UDFA signing raise the grade any? He's a 3rd-5th rd CB from what I understand

If he were a third round corner, he would have gone in the third round. 32 teams passed on him 256 times. He's an undrafted free agent.

Rolleyes

(04-29-2018, 07:36 PM)JNev Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 07:23 PM)TJBender Wrote: If he were a third round corner, he would have gone in the third round. 32 teams passed on him 256 times. He's an undrafted free agent.

Rolleyes

Explain to me how someone can be a third round corner if the draft is over and their name was never called.

(04-29-2018, 07:37 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 07:36 PM)JNev Wrote: Rolleyes

Explain to me how someone can be a third round corner if the draft is over and their name was never called.

I'm sure you think Myles Jack was a 2nd rd QUALITY Linebacker too. Jesus, do I have to spell everything out for you?

For the children bellyaching about drafting a punter, Nortman was just cut.

Our first starter from the draft class has just been named.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

They also used a 5th round selection in this year's draft to pick up 2x pro-bowler Marcell Dareus. He's an important added piece in the interior to stop the opponent's run game. When you factor in Dareus with the draft picks, I think a solid B+ (bordering on A-) is my overall grade. Time will tell.