Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Way too early wins predictions

12-4 and 2nd overall in AFC.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

13-3
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

13-3

Best division in the league coming out party this season. We go 1-1 with each of those 3 and lose another 2. Bortles has a healthy batch of pass catchers, some with another year under the best WR coach in the league Keenan McCardell and the new faces like chark, sfj and moncrief working with him..... OH. MYLANTA! Plus, I can't wait to see Bortles NOT having to line my man Leonard up in the right spot bc he's had an offseason to get wise to the game and get even STRONGER! Are you kidding me!? And this new O-line!? The ability to run a 5 man (BIG ole fast men) defensive front like TC had with his SB winning teams.... man oh man that 11-5 and playoff/SB run season is gonna be electric! Record breaking! Titillating!!
Fingers crossed, knock on wood and hope to baby jesus we stay healthy... especially LF.

19-0

I think we'll go somewhere between 8-8 and 11-5. Maybe better if Bortles steps his game up. Maybe worse if we are bit by the injury bug.

I think we win 10 games and probably win the division. At the very least we make the playoffs.

I'm gonna go 11-5. We didn't add much, but we still have a very young team that is developing. I expect Myles jack to take his game to another level this year and become a star. I think yannick will also take a step to becoming a star. The development of those two players alone will make us a better defense this year. On offense I truly believe Bortles takes a big step forward. I thought he played about league average QB last season and that was only his first year in hackett's system. With better knowledge of the playbook, and command of the offense I can see him taking the leap into a top 10-12 QB. Let's not forget that we will most likely see an uptick in velocity with the wrist being fixed. Running game should be improved with the additions on the o line and the development of cam. While most of you think we wont improve because of the lack of big changes, I think we improve simply because of the development of our young players already in place.

10-6 seems reasonable to me.

We go 4-2 in the division
We go 3-1 against the east
We go 3-3 the rest of the schedule
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I did not see any significant talent improvement from last year. Some players are peaking which is good. The defensive line looked gassed at the end of last season/playoffs. It was nice to replenish with our first round pick but there will be time needed for devlopment. Theres some question regarding the age of Campbell/Jackson - Can they produce to the same high level?

The linebackers lost a centerpiece without a replacement to the outside. Brown is a nice back-up but I can't roll with him for 16 + games as a starter for the long term.

The Secondary was getting exposed. Gipson especially looked awful at times. Church was a clear upgrade over Cyprien. Church could not move in the playoffs, where is the long term plan there with him being another football season older? the team also lost one of the best slot guys in the league to a division rival.

Obviously there is a commitment to run first football on the offensive side - Fournette should have a big year with o-line improvements

The receiving core didn't get worse but you can't expect a big year for a rookie off the bat - I love the Chark pick. I'm not as in love with Cole as some people are. He was good enough to make the roster but I didn't see a dominant player when he had opportunities. I'm going to keep asking if it was worth it to keep Lee and Sign Moncreif instead of Signing Robinson and drafting Chark still.

Tight ends might be the weakest place on the roster - I think ASJ is a lost cause in the league but hey if he can somewhere find the potential everyone has been raving about for five years, id love to see it
O-line should be one of the better units here in a while.

I'm not going to talk about Bortles because honestly - it's exhausting and too polarizing. We know what's expected at this point.

The division is solid. The Titans have a very complete Roster with a ton of talent, the Texans and colts will be healthier and have both had good off-seasons.

The league has a few teams that have improved themselves, while i felt the Jags didn't do a whole lot to improve for the immediate future. I don't necessarily blame them. The Off-season did more for future years is really my point.

Somewhere between 8-11 wins I think is what this team can accomplish. Maybe more if things go their way. Overall: Solid Roster with a decent coaching/leadership and a capable QB propped by a strong defense.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2018, 06:10 AM by UKJag.)

I think we'll go 11-5 to win the division, those last 4 weeks of the season for me will be rocky I think we lose on the road in Houston and Tennessee as well as Kansas City, Dallas and Miami. I think New England and Pittsburgh also finish 11-5 and by virtue of our head to head wins over them we'll be the #1 seed to get our house in order before the Divisional round.

However, I think those rocky weeks will have the media disrespecting us again as not going to make the SB and we'll smash the playoffs to go to Atlanta. Can't call a game that big, I'll just be fingers crossed.

I'm hoping to see a step forward from Westbrook this year in the Receiver group and hopefully ASJ will realise his potential. It concerns me that we haven't made up the for the loss of Poz.

10 wins again. i said it last year and im sticking to it again
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

To be honest I don't really care what our record is next season.
All I care about is making the playoffs.
Of course winning the division and/or getting a home playoff game or a first round bye is very important.....but we have been so bad for so long
that back to back playoff appearances,no matter how,would be HUGE!
Make the playoffs----have a chance to win it all.
That's all you can really ask for each year IMO.

Home field advantage whatever that takes!

So far so good
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(04-29-2018, 03:18 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 12:48 AM)JNev Wrote: We're talking about the Jaguars # of wins, not what the Titans record will be once Falk takes over

Tacks will finish 12-4
Jags 7-9

You guys better get going on this....

(04-29-2018, 03:59 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 02:17 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: 10-6
Better team, but tacks/texans/clots are all better too

Ditto. It's a much tougher schedule and they can't expect to have so few key injuries as last season.

(05-04-2018, 01:14 PM)TheAll22 Wrote: I did not see any significant talent improvement from last year. Some players are peaking which is good. The defensive line looked gassed at the end of last season/playoffs. It was nice to replenish with our first round pick but there will be time needed for devlopment. Theres some question regarding the age of Campbell/Jackson - Can they produce to the same high level?

The linebackers lost a centerpiece without a replacement to the outside. Brown is a nice back-up but I can't roll with him for 16 + games as a starter for the long term.

The Secondary was getting exposed. Gipson especially looked awful at times. Church was a clear upgrade over Cyprien. Church could not move in the playoffs, where is the long term plan there with him being another football season older? the team also lost one of the best slot guys in the league to a division rival.

Obviously there is a commitment to run first football on the offensive side - Fournette should have  a big year with o-line improvements

The receiving core didn't get worse but you can't expect a big year for a rookie off the bat - I love the Chark pick. I'm not as in love with Cole as some people are. He was good enough to make the roster but I didn't see a dominant player when he had opportunities. I'm going to keep asking if it was worth it to keep Lee and Sign Moncreif instead of Signing Robinson and drafting Chark still.

Tight ends might be the weakest place on the roster - I think ASJ is a lost cause in the league but hey if he can somewhere find the potential everyone has been raving about for five years, id love to see it
O-line should be one of the better units here in a while.

I'm not going to talk about Bortles because honestly - it's exhausting and too polarizing. We know what's expected at this point.

The division is solid. The Titans have a very complete Roster with a ton of talent, the Texans and colts will be healthier and have both had good off-seasons.

The league has a few teams that have improved themselves, while i felt the Jags didn't do a whole lot to improve for the immediate future. I don't necessarily blame them. The Off-season did more for future years is really my point.

Somewhere between 8-11 wins I think is what this team can accomplish. Maybe more if things go their way. Overall: Solid Roster with a decent coaching/leadership and a capable QB propped by a strong defense.

Do you still feel this way?
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

What a bunch of wusses we just kicked the best in the afc and made them look weak. 12 4 at least. Book it. Wimps.