Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How surprised are you that we didn't select a TE or even bring in an UDFA?

(04-29-2018, 02:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: They wanted to bring in Herndon who does a lot of H-Back type stuff.  Last year I'm pretty sure they were high on Jonnu Smith who is a similar player.  

Niles Paul is mainly for special teams but it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up becoming a bigger part of their plans. Koyack is just a depth guy for me , same with James O'Shock but he has more to his game as a receiver.

I saw that too. It sounds like Herndon was the target but he went earlier than they anticipated.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-29-2018, 07:49 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 02:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: They wanted to bring in Herndon who does a lot of H-Back type stuff.  Last year I'm pretty sure they were high on Jonnu Smith who is a similar player.  

Niles Paul is mainly for special teams but it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up becoming a bigger part of their plans. Koyack is just a depth guy for me , same with James O'Shock but he has more to his game as a receiver.

I saw that too. It sounds like Herndon was the target but he went earlier than they anticipated.

In pretty much every mock I saw, Herndon was projected to go in round 4.

I was pretty pumped with the ASJ signing and after no TEs were drafted it appears the front office shared the same feeling
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(04-30-2018, 06:09 AM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: I was pretty pumped with the ASJ signing and after no TEs were drafted it appears the front office shared the same feeling

I was the guy saying Burton or ASJ in every FA thread that was made, but even then I said sign one AND draft one. ASJ's history and his 2nd half fall off last year should not have earned him a no questions asked TE1 feature role. We should have done more to reinforce the position, especially considering how many 2 TE sets we run.

I don't think his play fell off really. Anderson emerged more, a lot of TDs were taken away by the refs, and the last few games the Jets just kinda sucked.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-29-2018, 02:04 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Not too surprised since we signed Seferian-Jenkins.  

Round 1 was too early for a TE
and by Round 2 most of the best ones were already gone.

Ian Thomas in the 3rd would have been an okay pick, but time will tell.

I believe Thomas WOULD have been the pick if Harrison weren't on the board.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-29-2018, 01:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Something I just realized. We didn't draft a TE or even bring in an UDFA. That really surprises me. Since we brought in Hurst and Goedert before the draft, I was certain we'd draft a TE or at least bring in some guys as UDFA's. Do you think the team is set on the position and if so, who would we use on 2 TE sets? I'm just curious.

I like Jenkins as the starter. Thats really all we need. Just a solid starter that can catch 40 balls for 500 yards and score about 5 TDs.

No UDFA was gonna change anything. I'm surprised we didn't draft one though.

Reading this from John Oehser, it does sound like they wanted to add someone and probably came away feeling a need hadn’t been filled...

“The closest the team came to drafting one of the positions may have been tight end.

"Tight end was something we were interested in," Jaguars Executive Vice President of Football Operations Tom Coughlin said Saturday.

Coughlin said the team considered Miami tight end Christopher Herndon in Round 4, and called the New York Jets drafting him early in the round "a blow to where we were trying to line things up."