Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 Mock Drafts

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2018, 09:30 AM by I am Yoda.)

(04-30-2018, 09:07 AM)Markulous Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 08:47 AM)Jags02 Wrote: No way a WR goes #2 overall.

If you're just saying that because of the position itself, I'll disagree.  After a very weak WR class towards the top and not a lot of superstar WR1s in the league, if there's an elite prospect, they can totally go that high.  Just depends on a few other factors, but I don't think it's ridiculous.

I'd just point you towards the New England Patriots.  You don't need elite perimeter players to win in this league.  Plus, they tend to be divas.  (Them and CBs).

(04-30-2018, 12:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 09:18 PM)Dakota Wrote: Just because.

PS: Yes, they're already out there.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...rterbacks/

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl...9cvzogt1i6

This is just what I was afraid of. We pass up viable QB options in this draft to land one of the overrated duds in next years draft, setting our franchise back 4-5 years.

I think we're going to regret missing on Mason Rudolph for the next 15 years, especially when he takes over after Big Ben retires.  I'd rather have him stashed on our bench for the next 2-3 years and see if he could eventually beat out Blake.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-01-2018, 09:26 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 09:07 AM)Markulous Wrote: If you're just saying that because of the position itself, I'll disagree.  After a very weak WR class towards the top and not a lot of superstar WR1s in the league, if there's an elite prospect, they can totally go that high.  Just depends on a few other factors, but I don't think it's ridiculous.

I'd just point you towards the New England Patriots.  You don't need elite perimeter players to win in this league.  Plus, they tend to be divas.  (Them and CBs).

(04-30-2018, 12:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This is just what I was afraid of. We pass up viable QB options in this draft to land one of the overrated duds in next years draft, setting our franchise back 4-5 years.

I think we're going to regret missing on Mason Rudolph for the next 15 years, especially when he takes over after Big Ben retires.  I'd rather have him stashed on our bench for the next 2-3 years and see if he could eventually beat out Blake.
Patriots are a bad example.  They have arguably the greatest QB to ever play football and one of the best coaches ever.

(05-01-2018, 09:26 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 09:07 AM)Markulous Wrote: If you're just saying that because of the position itself, I'll disagree.  After a very weak WR class towards the top and not a lot of superstar WR1s in the league, if there's an elite prospect, they can totally go that high.  Just depends on a few other factors, but I don't think it's ridiculous.

(04-30-2018, 12:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This is just what I was afraid of. We pass up viable QB options in this draft to land one of the overrated duds in next years draft, setting our franchise back 4-5 years.

If Big Ben carries on for another 2-3 years we’ll have a long wait to discover if Rudolph was any good.

But I’m reassured that 30 other teams also passed on him - maybe they all saw the same thing?

[Image: 200w.webp]

(04-30-2018, 03:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 09:18 PM)Dakota Wrote: Just because.

PS: Yes, they're already out there.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...rterbacks/

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl...9cvzogt1i6

How does the Sporting News have the following draft order:

#29 - NFC
#30 - NFC
#31 - NFC
#32 - AFC

The loser of the AFC Championship game would pick at either the #29 or #30 spot

Not necessarily. Only spots 31 and 32 are locked. All others are based on win/loss record.
Signature goes here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2018, 11:59 AM by BlueEyedJag.)

(05-29-2018, 06:17 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 03:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: How does the Sporting News have the following draft order:

#29 - NFC
#30 - NFC
#31 - NFC
#32 - AFC

The loser of the AFC Championship game would pick at either the #29 or #30 spot

Not necessarily. Only spots 31 and 32 are locked. All others are based on win/loss record.
 31 and 32 are locked between the Superbowl participants...

29 and 30 are locked between the Conference Championship losers...which would be 1 NFC and 1 AFC...

25-28 you might see some NFC/NFC/AFC/AFC but it will still be a combination of 2 AFC and 2 NFC in those picks as well...

For 21-24 see picks 25-28 definition.

Rules for determining draft order

The selection order is based on each team's win-loss record in the previous season and whether the team reached the playoffs. Teams that did not reach the playoffs the previous season are ranked in reverse order of their records (thus the team with the fewest wins is awarded the first selection). Ties between teams with identical records are determined by the following tiebreakers (in order):[59]
1.Strength of schedule, which is the combined win-loss record for all 16 of the team's opponents in the previous season (ties count as a half win and half loss). The team with the lower strength of schedule (i.e. their opponents compiled fewer wins) is granted the earlier pick in round one.
2.Record in common games against division opponents (if the teams are in the same division).
3.Record in common games against conference opponents (if the teams are in the same conference).
4.Coin flip(s), which occur(s) at the pre-draft NFL Combine.

Teams that reached the playoffs the previous season are then slotted in the order in which they were eliminated as indicated in the table below. Within each tier, the slotting is determined as above (i.e. worst record picks first and the same tiebreakers apply).[59]

Status

Draft picks

Non-playoff teams 1–20
Eliminated in Wild Card round 21–24
Eliminated in Divisional round 25–28
Conference runners-up 29–30
Super Bowl runner-up 31
Super Bowl champion 32
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]