Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shea Patterson

SEC fans, what are your thoughts on Shea Patterson?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-05-2018, 01:19 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote: SEC fans, what are your thoughts on Shea Patterson?

Has all the tools but haven't seen enough consistent play out of him to really judge. This season is huge for him. A good season and he can go top of Rd 1, a bad season and I could see him being there in the 3rd/4th.

It's also unusual that he says he has a close relationship with Hugh freeze but basically used him as a reason to xfer. But I'll give the benefit of the doubt on that for now. 

I'm sure playing for harbaugh will help improve his trajectory and development.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

A massive upgrade for Michigan but overall I'm not that high on him.

Michigan with even average QB play will be a powerhouse this year. That defense is stacked.

He's average at best, but he's a big upgrade over what the Wolverines had last year at QB.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2018, 08:24 AM by Fred Jones-Brunell.)

He can throw absolute dimes. Doesn’t make the best decisions with the football tho. Wants to take off too early. Trusts his arms and legs too much sometimes. All coachable things. Had the benefit of playing with some of the best WR in the nation. I am an Ole Miss guy and I don’t mind him transferring, I hold no Ill will towards him wanting to compete for a playoff spot. What bugged me about him was that Ole Miss actually looked better as a team. He plays like Baker Mayfield but just doesn’t seem to have that IT factor that Mayfield has. Will still be one of the first QBs taken and rightfully so. IMG Academy trained him up beautifully for college. Excited to see where he lands and I look forward to watching him in the pros

(05-08-2018, 08:23 AM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: He can throw absolute dimes. Doesn’t make the best decisions with the football tho. Wants to take off too early. Trusts his arms and legs too much sometimes. All coachable things. Had the benefit of playing with some of the best WR in the nation. I am an Ole Miss guy and I don’t mind him transferring, I hold no Ill will towards him wanting to compete for a playoff spot. What bugged me about him was that Ole Miss actually looked better as a team once he got hurt. He plays like Baker Mayfield but just doesn’t seem to have that IT factor that Mayfield has. Will still be one of the first QBs taken and rightfully so. IMG Academy trained him up beautifully for college. Excited to see where he lands and I look forward to watching him in the pros

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(05-08-2018, 08:23 AM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: He can throw absolute dimes. Doesn’t make the best decisions with the football tho. Wants to take off too early. Trusts his arms and legs too much sometimes. All coachable things. Had the benefit of playing with some of the best WR in the nation. I am an Ole Miss guy and I don’t mind him transferring, I hold no Ill will towards him wanting to compete for a playoff spot. What bugged me about him was that Ole Miss actually looked better as a team. He plays like Baker Mayfield but just doesn’t seem to have that IT factor that Mayfield has. Will still be one of the first QBs taken and rightfully so. IMG Academy trained him up beautifully for college. Excited to see where he lands and I look forward to watching him in the pros

(05-08-2018, 08:23 AM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: He can throw absolute dimes. Doesn’t make the best decisions with the football tho. Wants to take off too early. Trusts his arms and legs too much sometimes. All coachable things. Had the benefit of playing with some of the best WR in the nation. I am an Ole Miss guy and I don’t mind him transferring, I hold no Ill will towards him wanting to compete for a playoff spot. What bugged me about him was that Ole Miss actually looked better as a team once he got hurt. He plays like Baker Mayfield but just doesn’t seem to have that IT factor that Mayfield has. Will still be one of the first QBs taken and rightfully so. IMG Academy trained him up beautifully for college. Excited to see where he lands and I look forward to watching him in the pros
 Agreed on all points...He was electric while back there but once Ta'amu came in the offense seemed to run better maybe it was the maturity factor but Ta'amu seemed more in command on the field.  I think a big change was that Ta'amu actually let the running backs get the ball on the RPOs...Shea always seemed to keep it and try and make the plays himself.

Reminds me of Jake Locker

bump?

Look good Against Western Michigan..not so great against NF. That’s been his issue since he got to college. Feasts on lesser opponents but against the big guys he chokes. Also, Cal last year exposed his fatal flaw. He can’t diagnose a blitz. Cal brought all kinds of exotic looks st him and had him completely baffeled. ND did the same thing the other week and he had a poor showing
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Pass, the future for the Jaguars is Tua