Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Next season’s college stars

Interesting run-down from Chad Reuter, listing some of the top players in college football this next season...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...18-nos-150

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I know this is a longshot, but I really hope Clelin Ferrell falls into our laps. With the almost certain loss of Fowler after the season, Ferrell would be the perfect replacement.

D-line, LB, and OT look pretty stacked right now for next year. I'd guess with Fowler and Dareus likely gone, we go D-line again.

Yes I would Imagine D-Line, another Safety, O-Line, RB, TE would be the most help needed area's next year.... But then again we have NO IDEA what kind of players will emerge at those positions and what Free Agency will bring us. We really need Blair Brown and/or Leon Jacobs to emerge.

I just hope that there are more blocking TE's with round 1-2 grades available next year.

(05-06-2018, 10:45 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: Yes I would Imagine D-Line, another Safety, O-Line, RB, TE would be the most help needed area's next year.... But then again we have NO IDEA what kind of players will emerge at those positions and what Free Agency will bring us. We really need Blair Brown and/or Leon Jacobs to emerge.

I just hope that there are more blocking TE's with round 1-2 grades available next year.

Free Agency won't be bringing us anything next off-season. It will be the start of compensatory pick era.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(05-06-2018, 02:27 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 10:45 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: Yes I would Imagine D-Line, another Safety, O-Line, RB, TE would be the most help needed area's next year.... But then again we have NO IDEA what kind of players will emerge at those positions and what Free Agency will bring us. We really need Blair Brown and/or Leon Jacobs to emerge.

Free Agency won't be bringing us anything next off-season. It will be the start of compensatory pick era.

Yep, the days of us making huge splashes in FA for top guys is over for the time being.  We will be boring like the Patriots.

(05-05-2018, 07:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know this is a longshot, but I really hope Clelin Ferrell falls into our laps. With the almost certain loss of Fowler after the season, Ferrell would be the perfect replacement.

I think DL will most likely be the target area for the draft.

1.) Because it is a premium position and we saw how TC/DC pushed off more immediate needs for the more premier position.
2.) Because it is a deep class (at least in top talent I feel)
3.) We will still be removing contracts at that position (Dareus/Campbell/Jackson/Fowler)

I've been on the Christian Wilkins (DT, Clemson) train for a while and I see no reason to hop off now.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Raekwon Davis is my guy for next year. 6'7 305 Alabama Dline player. Terrifying blend of aggression and skill.

Also cool name and got shot last year and played a few weeks later. Not too unlike Marcus Stroud.

We go BAP again just like we did this year. We did that this year to put us in a position where we arent forced to take a certain position next year.

(05-07-2018, 12:41 PM)JackCity Wrote: Raekwon Davis is my guy for next year. 6'7 305 Alabama Dline player. Terrifying blend of aggression and skill.  

Also cool name and got shot last year and played a few weeks later. Not too unlike Marcus Stroud.

He and Jeffery Simmons are 2 I like...beside the Clemson DL.

Jeffrey Simmons disappears too much for my liking. Really raw. Plus how he was even able to play his Freshman year after a video emerged of him pounding a woman on the ground is beyond me. That video will haunt him for his career. Ed Oliver is the best D tackle I’ve seen since Suh. I hear a ton of hype over Rashan Gary but the few Mich games I’ve seen I never saw him jump out on the screen. DTBenito Jones of Ole Miss had a great freshman year but looked out of shape this past season. Could put together a great Junior year. Bosa looks ready to play in the NFL now. D line talent is STACKED this year
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(05-08-2018, 08:13 AM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: Jeffrey Simmons disappears too much for my liking. Really raw. Plus how he was even able to play his Freshman year after a video emerged of him pounding a woman on the ground is beyond me. That video will haunt him for his career. Ed Oliver is the best D tackle I’ve seen since Suh. I hear a ton of hype over Rashan Gary but the few Mich games I’ve seen I never saw him jump out on the screen. DTBenito Jones of Ole Miss had a great freshman year but looked out of shape this past season. Could put together a great Junior year. Bosa looks ready to play in the NFL now. D line talent is STACKED this year

That is great news for us as I can almost guarantee we will be in the market for another DT or 2 next year.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I'll be keeping an eye on Nick Bosa out of OSU at the DE position and Marquise Brown out of OKU at the WR position this season. I am a Bulldog fan too so I'll be able to keep up with DeAndre Baker at CB. I feel like all three of those guys will be showcasing a lot of ability this year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2018, 11:54 AM by BlueEyedJag.)

(05-08-2018, 08:13 AM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: Jeffrey Simmons disappears too much for my liking. Really raw. Plus how he was even able to play his Freshman year after a video emerged of him pounding a woman on the ground is beyond me. That video will haunt him for his career. Ed Oliver is the best D tackle I’ve seen since Suh. I hear a ton of hype over Rashan Gary but the few Mich games I’ve seen I never saw him jump out on the screen. DTBenito Jones of Ole Miss had a great freshman year but looked out of shape this past season. Could put together a great Junior year. Bosa looks ready to play in the NFL now. D line talent is STACKED this year

Don't let the Ole Miss Bias get in the way...Simmons is a legit 1st round talent (12TFL/ 5 Sacks/ 2 FF/60 tackles from DT last year).  And if he would have signed with OM like was predicted I'm sure you would view him in similar light...the kid did something stupid while he was still in HS...if he keeps his act together in college I'd gladly take him in the late 1st.

It was amazing how stacked the DL talent was in MS that year: Davis - Alabama, Simmons - MS State, Benito - OM.

Just for reference...Benito Jones "Great Freshman Year" was 39 tackles/0.5 sacks/ 4.5 TFL...his sophmore year with a messed up shoulder produced 29/1.5sacks/7.5 TFL. Being an Ole Miss alum I know Benito is more disruptive than the stats say but I'd still take Simmons any take of the week over Benito.

Cableb Wilson for me. Any TE that can have over 15 rec, 200 yards in a game, then another 11 rec, and 145 in a few games later. Future Jag

I want Nick Bosa no matter the cost. I said the same thing about Baker Mayfield.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2018, 04:55 PM by brianmsbc.)

We need a 350 lb nose tackle to replace Dareus

(05-07-2018, 12:41 PM)JackCity Wrote: Raekwon Davis is my guy for next year. 6'7 305 Alabama Dline player. Terrifying blend of aggression and skill.  

Sounds like the next Calais Campbell... just going by his size of course.

What might have been had the Gators committed to Will Grier following his suspension

Andrew Wingard - S