Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan's Fulham FC advances to the Finals !!

PSA: Game is today at noon Jacksonville time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One nil up, but Villa still in this...

Fantastic first goal.

Villa defence look old, tired and past it, they're not really threatening up front either.

This is very much Fulham's to lose.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(05-26-2018, 12:49 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Fantastic first goal.

Villa defence look old, tired and past it, they're not really threatening up front either.

I concur, as I've seen it written somewhere else; this very much looks like Premiership team playing against a Championship team. Of course, a one goal lead is not much and stranger things have happened in these finals.

(05-26-2018, 12:51 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(05-26-2018, 12:49 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Fantastic first goal.

I concur, as I've seen it written somewhere else; this very much looks like Premiership team playing against a Championship team. Of course, a one goal lead is not much and stranger things have happened in these finals.

Next goal is crucial. If it's Fulham, the game is dead, if it's Villa their Premier League experience can carry them through.

Intriguing.

Video of Fulham's goal:

https://streamable.com/664uc

(05-26-2018, 01:07 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Video of Fulham's goal:

https://streamable.com/664uc

That vision from Sessegnon is superb. No way he stays at Fulham regardless of the outcome.

Villa starting to push a bit more now.

This second half has become an amazingly good game of football and that red card is going to make this an amazing 20 minutes.

Fulham win 1-0 and will play in the Premiership next season.

I didn’t think they’d do it, but that could now set up a great weekend for fans coming over to watch the Eagles game - maybe there will be a home Premier League game on the Saturday before the match.

Fulham-Chelsea anyone?

And a question... Are there many Fulham fans in Jacksonville?

We know about the efforts to grow the Jaguars fan base in the UK, but is the reverse happening in the US?

I'm so excited for Khan.

Quote:It was perhaps fitting that Sessegnon and Cairney, the two shining lights in an impressive Fulham team this season, combined to score the goal that sent them back to the top flight after a four-year absence.

The pair were two of the three nominees for the EFL's Championship Player of the Season award, which was won by teenager Sessegnon.

The 18-year-old winger had been largely anonymous early on, but he found space in the centre of the Villa half and picked his pass perfectly to find the onrushing Cairney, who slotted coolly into the net.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44178427

'02

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2018, 01:35 PM by rfc17.)

I never really cared about Premier league but if I had forced me to pick a team, I always went with Wolverhampton. Like their nickname and think they have the best logo. Glad they made it back to the top league.

(05-26-2018, 06:03 PM)Andy G Wrote: And a question...  Are there many Fulham fans in Jacksonville?

We know about the efforts to grow the Jaguars fan base in the UK, but is the reverse happening in the US?

Not that I'm aware of.  If they really wanted to, they'd play a couple regular season Fulham games here in Jax.

CONGRATS TO FULHAM FC --- this is quite amazing since there was a real question of Shad's commitment to winning from the Fulham fans a few years ago.

It sure would be great to bring Fulham down here and have our Season ticket holders get dibs on our seats to replace the home NFL game we're sending to London. Hmmmm...... London gets 1 out our 8 home games which would equate to us getting 2 of their 18 home matches every 3 years and then get a 3rd home match every 4th year.

Since London is getting our Super Bowl winner I guess we'll get the Fulham home match vs Manchester City here in Jacksonville ...... LOL

(05-27-2018, 02:07 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: CONGRATS TO FULHAM FC --- this is quite amazing since there was a real question of Shad's commitment to winning from the Fulham fans a few years ago.

It sure would be great to bring Fulham down here and have our Season ticket holders get dibs on our seats to replace the home NFL game we're sending to London.  Hmmmm......  London gets 1 out our 8 home games which would equate to us getting 2 of their 18 home matches every 3 years and then get a 3rd home match every 4th year.

Since London is getting our Super Bowl winner I guess we'll  get the Fulham home match vs Manchester City here in Jacksonville ...... LOL
I am pumped. Been a fun kick off to summer for me. Can't wait to see things getting rolling in Russia. 

And you are abosolutely right about Fulhams home game. But let's make it Chelsea, Bournesmouth, and maybe toss in south ham for darlo LOL. Fulham vs Chelsea at the bank after a jags playoff game..... I got to stop, I'm getting worked up HAHA. A man can dream.

Fulham v Chelsea is going to be interesting.. there's always trouble at that game..

I'm up for Fulham v Chelsea in Jacksonville 

HELL YEH !!!   I know it won't happen but it makes for good conversation over a few drinks !!!

We could even rename our Stadium "Craven Cottage II" for the match since it' very fitting, being only 25 miles form the beach.

(05-29-2018, 11:37 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm up for Fulham v Chelsea in Jacksonville 

HELL YEH !!!   I know it won't happen but it makes for good conversation over a few drinks !!!

We could even rename our Stadium "Craven Cottage II" for the match since it' very fitting, being only 25 miles form the beach.

Absolutely. I know that it wouldn't happen but a man can dream lol. This season just ended but I can't wait to get things rolling again.