Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Green vs Jones revisited

I remember a lot of us were debating this back in the day. 

Jones ended up with Matt Ryan. Green wound up with Dalton. 

I thought Green would be better. Its obviously Jones.

But you could argue the QBs made the difference.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2018, 09:32 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Jones and Green are both two of the top 5 receivers in the NFL. I would almost guarantee if Green had Matt Ryan for a QB, his stats would be significantly better though. Without Green, Dalton probably wouldn't even be a starting QB right now.

To me Jones is one of the most gifted WRs in the past 20 years. Along with Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss. I’d take Jones in a heartbeat over Green.

I prefer Julio.

Julio is a monster and only recently has had nagging injuries, iirc.
Green has been a beast with a lesser QB.

If we're playing the What If game...
swap the two WRs (not just the QBs but the whole team) and I'm betting Julio loses some numbers and Green gains some.

But if you also factor what the Falcons gave up to get Jones... I'm wondering if Green isn't the better player.
Taken from an older article:
From a statistical standpoint, the career numbers are remarkably close:
Green (80 games): 447 receptions for 6,639 yards (14.9 ypc) and 47 touchdowns.
Jones (69 games): 436 receptions for 6,689 yards (15.3 ypc) and 37 touchdowns.

I choose AJ Green.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Green has 10 more TDs, 11 more receptions, but 50 less yards.

The argument is Dalton is worse than Ryan.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2018, 01:56 AM by jagherd.)

I can't speak on the accuracy of Ryan during deep and intermdediate balls thrown to Jones. Idk if he has missed a bunch of throws like that.

But, watching the Bengals quite often during the past few seasons, Dalton has missed numerous wide open throws to Green, particularly deep down the sidelines.  It's been A LOT. He practically blows a throw like that in every game. 

I can't tell you how many times I've seen Green wide open deep, only to see Dalton overthrow/underthrow/miss out-of-bounds badly. 

Case in point, the last game against the Jags:

Early in the game, Green ran down the sideline and was open fairly deep. Dalton missed him badly throwing it out-of-bounds. Green likely could've had a TD or a very long gain at least on that. 
I remember the Gameday thread with posts such as; "whew", "got lucky on that one", and "we're lucky Dalton sucks". 
I remember it well. 

Anyway, can't go wrong with either WR. Jones is an absolute stud. Although, Green has still produced amazingly considering the QB he has.