Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Top 100, Nos. 41-50: Deshaun Watson makes his mark

(06-11-2018, 10:03 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Hands down I'd take BB over Watson. Watson is hot trash and everyone will get to see him go up in flames this year.

Lol  Laughing

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yikes...

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1009137745598533632

Next year, teams have tape...
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2018, 05:48 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(06-19-2018, 02:34 PM)pirkster Wrote: Yikes...

Give me a break, the only reason why Watson is on that list is because he posted a ridiculously high 124 passer rating.

The only thing that I got out of that is that as a rookie Deshaun Watson is a better QB than Drew Brees...  Big Grin I'll take that.

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2018, 07:37 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(06-19-2018, 06:38 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pr...ent-seeing

And that's why pro football focus is [BLEEP]... 

With Watson running the show Houston was scoring 35ppg and had the league's best offense, without him they were dead freaking last in the league and gave up the most sacks in the NFL. He made everyone on that side of the ball better.

Yep, he sucks...  Rolleyes Oh what ever will we do!?

(06-19-2018, 07:19 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 06:38 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pr...ent-seeing

And that's why pro football focus is [BLEEP]... 

With Watson running the show Houston was scoring 35ppg and had the league's best offense, without him they were dead freaking last in the league and gave up the most sacks in the NFL. He made everyone on that side of the ball better.

He's buns, bro. Come back to this thread after the season and eat your crow. On the very off chance that he has a good season I'll be here as well.

(06-20-2018, 02:08 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 07:19 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: And that's why pro football focus is [BLEEP]... 

He's buns, bro. Come back to this thread after the season and eat your crow. On the very off chance that he has a good season I'll be here as well.

Lol oh, I already have it bookmarked  Big Grin

(06-20-2018, 02:08 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 07:19 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: And that's why pro football focus is [BLEEP]... 

He's buns, bro
Huh

Wasn't your username previously Carr Bomb that then turned into Carr Bombed?

Thought age made us wiser! But fans gonna fan.

(06-20-2018, 10:32 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Wasn't your username previously Carr Bomb that then turned into Carr Bombed?

Thought age made us wiser! But fans gonna fan.

Lol true, but

Carr never played like that.. Watson actually made a horrible offensive line look competent. Carr as a rookie took a bad offensive line, exacerbated the situation, and helped play a big part in setting a NFL record that will NEVER be broken.. sacked 76 times in a season. Carr got so shell shocked that he would do stupid stuff like running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage without throwing the ball away, creating even more sacks. Carr didn't have a lick of football instincts or I.Q.

This article pretty much outlines what my eyes told me last year.  He can obviously improve, but a lot of his production was just as a result of volume (see 2015 Bortles).

Watson will wash out of the league within 4 years. Take it to the bank.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(06-19-2018, 05:45 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 02:34 PM)pirkster Wrote: Yikes...

Give me a break, the only reason why Watson is on that list is because he posted a ridiculously high 124 passer rating.

The only thing that I got out of that is that as a rookie Deshaun Watson is a better QB than Drew Brees...  Big Grin I'll take that.

You must be pretty nervous if that's the way you choose to spin it.  Otherwise, no need for spin.  The delta is a very significant drop.

(06-21-2018, 05:24 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Watson will wash out of the league within 4 years. Take it to the bank.

If Bottles can remain a starter for 5 years I highly doubt it, but congrats to him for finally completing more than 60% of his passes.

(05-28-2018, 11:59 PM)B2hibry Wrote: He showed flashes, but come on man! This list is becoming tainted.

It's designed for argument.  Not for accuracy.

Any show that has a "reaction show" paired with it... well, it's quite obvious that's all it's about.  Manufacturing a passionate response that fills the void of offseason where there's little else to discuss.

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2018, 12:45 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(06-21-2018, 06:31 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 05:45 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Give me a break, the only reason why Watson is on that list is because he posted a ridiculously high 124 passer rating.

You must be pretty nervous if that's the way you choose to spin it.  Otherwise, no need for spin.  The delta is a very significant drop.

Actaully I'm not nervous about it...and I'm not spinning either. The guy posted a ridiculous 124 passer rating on non pressures. He had nowhere else to go, but down when pressured. However he still posted a 70.9 rating on pressures....which is less than 10 points lower than your starter's total career average passer rating.

Let's not act like these were just normal pressures either..Watson played behind the worst offensive line in the league (I'm sure Y'all remember sacksonville week 1). A lot of pressures with this line were straight jail breaks to the QB and as a rookie (remember he was a rookie) he still was able to make chicken salad out of failed plays and had a very respectable passer rating against that kind of pressure. Hell when He went out he had a 103 passer rating average playing behind that line...as a rookie. 

So to answer your question, no I'm not nervous or worried about him other than worried/nervous in our ability to protect him better. We have to get better offensive line play or he probably won't survive the season. But as a individual talent or ability standpoint..Watson is the last one I'm nervous or worried about.