Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Top 100, Nos. 41-50: Deshaun Watson makes his mark

(05-29-2018, 06:07 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I think it's going to look like a really stupid rank in about six months, but after his 2017 he was more deserving of being #50 than Mariota was for 2016.

That JJ Watt was on the list at all after doing nothing for literally years shows what the ranking is really worth.

JJ Watt has made $21 million in the past 2 seasons and has played in 8 games racking up 12 tackles, 1.5 sacks, and 1 fumble recovery.

He's got the Texans Front Office by the balls since they won't waive him due to his high profile doing community service (which has been a lot more productive than his play on the field).  

They could have released him this year.  Perhaps this will be his last year with the Texans given the ramp-up in his contract as shown below....

2018 - $11m
2019 - $13m
2020 - $15.5m
2021 - $17.5m

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-30-2018, 12:37 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: As a Jaguars fan I hope he flames out ala Vince Young but, as a nole I've been sick of this freaking guy for 4+ years.

Hope they figure him out.

So you've seen his incredibly weak arm?

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2018, 02:41 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(05-31-2018, 01:27 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 12:37 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: As a Jaguars fan I hope he flames out ala Vince Young but, as a nole I've been sick of this freaking guy for 4+ years.

Hope they figure him out.

So you've seen his incredibly weak arm?

What weak arm?

More [BLEEP] nonsense I see. I'll take that supposed "incredible weak arm" over what you're trotting out under center. 

Blake Bortles be like "My god! Did you see the velocity he had on that ball?, that went right into the turf!, that was amazing!". "I know Jim, it kicked up a lot of grass...but, did you see the one he threw earlier?.. the one that sailed over his receiver's head was a rocket too"..."I know Bob, perfect lazer spiral on that interception...with that arm, better run the ball"

Weak arm though  Laughing ...okay.

(05-31-2018, 11:52 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 01:27 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So you've seen his incredibly weak arm?

What weak arm?

More [BLEEP] nonsense I see. I'll take that supposed "incredible weak arm" over what you're trotting out under center. 

Blake Bortles be like "My god! Did you see the velocity he had on that ball?, that went right into the turf!, that was amazing!". "I know Jim, it kicked up a lot of grass...but, did you see the one he threw earlier?.. the one that sailed over his receiver's head was a rocket too"..."I know Bob, perfect lazer spiral on that interception...with that arm, better run the ball"

Wait.  Are you talking about Watson here?  Because his grounders certainly did hit the grass hard.

He's a fluky player. He also led the league in turnover worthy throws while he was playing. Just so happened that a lot of picks were dropped. He had like 17 picks his senior year of college as well, would have been a 25 pick season playing against NFL players.The guy is a turnover waiting to happen. Doenst have it between the ears. He's going to flame out badly this year.

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2018, 10:55 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(06-02-2018, 11:52 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 11:52 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: What weak arm?

Wait.  Are you talking about Watson here?  Because his grounders certainly did hit the grass hard.

Not really. The guy orchesrated the best offense in the league scoring 35 ppg. If he threw a ball in the grass it was a throw away.

(06-02-2018, 02:43 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: He's a fluky player. He also led the league in turnover worthy throws while he was playing. Just so happened that a lot of picks were dropped. He had like 17 picks his senior year of college as well, would have been a 25 pick season playing against NFL players.The guy is a turnover waiting to happen. Doenst have it between the ears. He's going to flame out badly this year.

Here they all are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGP_uJfqzL0

A lot of these are really, really bad.  He didn't just magically put this behind him last season.  It's likely to return.  After all, this is the NFL.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(05-31-2018, 11:52 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: What weak arm?

lol I laughed for real at this for a min... well played sir.. 

And I dunno if I'd say he has a weak arm... weak [BLEEP] knees maybe lmbo.

I'll take my boy with a few grounders over your boy with two artificial ACLs. Keep chewing up those garbage time stats and Telling yourself it's going to be different next year. We just got done with a decade of that so I feel for ya my man..

Sorry but being a FSU fan I have a special kind of dislike for your guy who has played for my rivals college and pro career lol.

(06-08-2018, 02:47 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(06-02-2018, 02:43 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: He's a fluky player. He also led the league in turnover worthy throws while he was playing. Just so happened that a lot of picks were dropped. He had like 17 picks his senior year of college as well, would have been a 25 pick season playing against NFL players.The guy is a turnover waiting to happen. Doenst have it between the ears. He's going to flame out badly this year.

Here they all are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGP_uJfqzL0

A lot of these are really, really bad.  He didn't just magically put this behind him last season.  It's likely to return.  After all, this is the NFL.

Quite the mix there. A few bad breaks with tipped passes, but what I see there that makes me the most confident in my assessment of him is the complete lack of ball placement. He's got worse placement than Bortles, which fits with what I saw of him in the NFL last year. Lots of TDs on deep passes that hopkins made big pushoffs on, and also some on plays where watson ran around for long enough for the defense to lose track of someone so the placement didn't need to be there.

I wouldn't be surprised if next season he's more like 20-25 total TDs on the season including rushing and 20 INTs with the texans getting 6-7 wins on the season, if he even stays healthy all season. With that style of play it's by no means guaranteed.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2018, 12:24 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

Here's a question for y'all

Would you rather have Watson over your QB debacle? Answer honestly

Enough said

(06-11-2018, 12:14 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Here's a question for y'all

Enough said

Debacle? 

I think we're past that stage. 

Let's see what yer boy can get done against a few good defenses with tape on him first. 
He's a crapshoot right now.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2018, 12:50 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

Edit

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2018, 12:53 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(06-11-2018, 12:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 12:14 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Here's a question for y'all

Enough said

Debacle? 

Let's see what yer boy can get done against a few good defenses with tape on him first. 
We're not past that stage. Blake Bortles sucks..he sucks bad.

You're right though...we'll see this season

(06-11-2018, 12:35 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 12:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Debacle? 

And what does that say about the Texans?

Nah. Blake has some big holes in his game, but Hackett's approach of mitigating his mistakes/hiding his weaknesses is effectively limiting the suckage.  Year two in that system should see an uptick in the effectiveness of that approach.

Your boy is potentially going to be a "best there never was" story. Don't get too comfortable on your high horse. It'll be a long fall if home boy gets wiped out again next year.

To answer our original question honestly- Yeah, at a peak and a stats on paper level, I would probably have trouble choosing BB over Watson. But considering the real variables, availability and durability are sometimes more critical that potential ability. so I'll ride or die with BB. It'll be a fun year though man. Looking forward to it. I hate your team, but not as much as i hate the mayo drinkers in Nashville. so.... may both our squads beat the snot out of the tacks this year and put up a good show when we meet.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2018, 09:43 AM by SeldomRite.)

(06-11-2018, 09:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 12:35 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: We're not past that stage. Blake Bortles sucks..he sucks bad.

Nah. Blake has some big holes in his game, but Hackett's approach of mitigating his mistakes/hiding his weaknesses is effectively limiting the suckage.  Year two in that system should see an uptick in the effectiveness of that approach.

Personally I think Blake's greatest strengths are his availability and his ability to get the ball down the field when the protection isn't god awful. With ARob out for essentially the whole season last year he didn't get to do what he does best for a lot of the season. I figure this year they'll be better at it and force some defenses to back off the run a bit.

(06-11-2018, 09:41 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 09:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nah. Blake has some big holes in his game, but Hackett's approach of mitigating his mistakes/hiding his weaknesses is effectively limiting the suckage.  Year two in that system should see an uptick in the effectiveness of that approach.

Personally I think Blake's greatest strengths are his availability and his ability to get the ball down the field when the protection isn't god awful. With ARob it for essentially the whole season last year he didn't get to do what he does best for a lot of the season. I figure this year they'll be better at it and force some defenses to back off the run a but.

We literally posted the same thing at the same time lmbo. 

I'm pretty sure that makes it a fact.

Hands down I'd take BB over Watson. Watson is hot trash and everyone will get to see him go up in flames this year.

(06-11-2018, 10:03 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Hands down I'd take BB over Watson. Watson is hot trash and everyone will get to see him go up in flames this year.

^^^nuff said

nailed it.