Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RIP Dakota

This message board brings together so many people from so many different countries and so many different walks of life.

We all have our opinions, we all have our say and we all have our differences, but we are all here because of one reason, The Jacksonville Jaguars.

Because of the Jags, we all interact, smile, laugh and even debate..

I'm saddened to hear that we have lost a huge part of this message board.

Rest easy Dakota, I'm pleased you were able to see the Jaguars playing well again.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Damn, this hurt.

RIP Paul

[BLEEP] cancer
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

RIP, Paul.

We went to a couple of Jag games together over the years. There was an Eagles game about 7-8 years ago where there were 2 Philly fans sitting in front of us and Paul was relentless on them in such a way that nobody got mad. It was truly hilarious.

Anybody remember his previous screen name? I can't think of it, I know he changed to Dakota after the death of his dog and he told such a great story here about how he rescued that dog. I remember, too, his ex-wife came on here and posted a notice about his having been in an auto accident.

He (and others) was also instrumental in saving this board when the Jags initially wanted to shout it down.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(06-06-2018, 02:39 PM)PF* Wrote: RIP, Paul.

We went to a couple of Jag games together over the years. There was an Eagles game about 7-8 years ago where there were 2 Philly fans sitting in front of us and Paul was relentless on them in such a way that nobody got mad. It was truly hilarious.

Anybody remember his previous screen name? I can't think of it, I know he changed to Dakota after the death of his dog and he told such a great story here about how he rescued that dog. I remember, too, his ex-wife came on here and posted a notice about his having been in an auto accident.

He (and others) was also instrumental in saving this board when the Jags initially wanted to shout it down.

Utopia? Which may have been JagsUtopia at one time. My memory is not what it once was, so I'm far from certain about that.

Its sad to hear we lost a great person on the board. Atsame time though hes not suffering anymore,and isn't in pain from the cancer. My prayers and thoughts are with his family.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

[BLEEP] Cancer. Terrible news to hear. Is there anything we can do as a community on here for his family? Dakota was an awesome guy. He'll be missed dearly around here.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(06-06-2018, 03:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [BLEEP] Cancer. Terrible news to hear. Is there anything we can do as a community on here for his family? Dakota was an awesome guy. He'll be missed dearly around here.

This was a request from his obit.

The family asks that in lieu of flowers contributions may be made in Paul's memory to the St. Vincent Cancer Foundation-Riverside, 1 Shircliff Way, PO Box 41564, Jacksonville, FL. 32203 or to the SPCA of Kalamazoo, 6955 W Kl Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49009. Kindly share your thoughts and memories on the family's online guestbook at www.FilbrandtFFH.com.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(06-06-2018, 03:40 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 03:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [BLEEP] Cancer. Terrible news to hear. Is there anything we can do as a community on here for his family? Dakota was an awesome guy. He'll be missed dearly around here.

This was a request from his obit.

The family asks that in lieu of flowers contributions may be made in Paul's memory to the St. Vincent Cancer Foundation-Riverside, 1 Shircliff Way, PO Box 41564, Jacksonville, FL. 32203 or to the SPCA of Kalamazoo, 6955 W Kl Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49009. Kindly share your thoughts and memories on the family's online guestbook at www.FilbrandtFFH.com.

Thank You.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Has anyone from here posted on the guestbook?

Not knowing the guy personally, I didn't want to do so and be disrespectful in the eyes of his family/close friends.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(06-06-2018, 03:47 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Has anyone from here posted on the guestbook?

Not knowing the guy personally, I didn't want to do so and be disrespectful in the eyes of his family/close friends.

I thought the same. I wonder if posting a link to this thread would be a nice thing to do. Just might be someone come along and post something ugly though so that idea makes me uneasy.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I belieave FBT personnely knew paul and his family. if that is the case its best to ask FBT to send condenleces from everyone on Jags messege board.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Damn, RIP, Dakota. Sad

(06-05-2018, 07:42 PM)FBT Wrote: For those of us who have been around on the board for a long time, we remember Dakota as one of the stalwarts on the board.  We also know the trials he faced in his life over the past 5 years or so in battling Stage IV Renal Cancer.  He recently, and very begrudgingly moved back to Michigan to be closer to family.  He hated leaving this area, but his health was declining, and his personal life here in Jax had become a train wreck over the past 18 months.  Through all of this, he tried to maintain a sense of humor, but unfortunately, at times he was unable to do so.

I considered Paul a friend on the board, and was saddened to hear that he had passed away back in early May.  He hadn't been posting updates on his health for a while, so I decided to check in on him, and unfortunately, the update I saw was an obituary.

RIP, Paul.

Oh I am sad. RIP indeed. Sad

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2018, 02:14 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

I'm deeply saddened by this. Dakota and I used to P.M. and talk frequently when I was diagnosed with cancer and was going through a tough time years back (was Carr bombed back then) and he always made me feel better.. My cancer returned 8 months ago and he was someone who I could talk to about it. My cancer didn't come with the terminal diagnosis that his did and his strength and positive outlook through all of that always amazed me. I never met the guy personally but just conversing with him here, he was a incredibly strong person. Easily my favorite poster here who I won't soon forget. I absolutely hate this disease.

R.I.P. Dakota.

Llke Fargin (lol, that dude was one salty cat) I hope he gets his own forum.

This does suck, RIP Dakota. Hopefully the Jags can win one for him this year as im sure he will be looking down

Damn, I thought he was doing better. This is sad to hear, but at least he isn't suffering anymore.

RIP, Dakota.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2018, 01:02 AM by americus 2.0.)

(06-06-2018, 02:39 PM)PF* Wrote: RIP, Paul.

I remember him having changed his name. I can't remember his previous one either but I thought it was so nice of the mods to allow him to change it. I remember the picture of his dog he used for an avatar in memory of him.

He and I spent some time hanging out with others from this board at various Jags events back in the day. Those were good times all around. 

This news makes me sad for us who knew him, whether just here or also in real life because he mattered to all of us and he will be missed, but I'm glad he's no longer suffering.

So sad to hear this news.

I had no idea he was sick and you just assume people will be around forever.

He will be missed.

(06-05-2018, 07:42 PM)FBT Wrote: For those of us who have been around on the board for a long time, we remember Dakota as one of the stalwarts on the board.  We also know the trials he faced in his life over the past 5 years or so in battling Stage IV Renal Cancer.  He recently, and very begrudgingly moved back to Michigan to be closer to family.  He hated leaving this area, but his health was declining, and his personal life here in Jax had become a train wreck over the past 18 months.  Through all of this, he tried to maintain a sense of humor, but unfortunately, at times he was unable to do so.

I considered Paul a friend on the board, and was saddened to hear that he had passed away back in early May.  He hadn't been posting updates on his health for a while, so I decided to check in on him, and unfortunately, the update I saw was an obituary.

RIP, Paul.

Very sad to hear that. I'd had the opportunity to meet him on a couple of occasions and know he was a great fan of the Jags and a great guy in general. Had heard about his health problems and some of the other challenges he'd had to face and also consider him a friend on the board, will miss him.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

RIP Paul.

He gave it one hell of a fight.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."