Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguar rank 2nd in overall talent

(06-29-2018, 09:44 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 09:20 AM)Kane Wrote: tack fans clinging to that like Jags fans were once clinging to "375" vs clots.
Can't win an argument or feeling invalidated? Bring up an old game, an old stat, that really didn't matter in the big picture.

It's OK Dave... tacks suck, but at least they swept the AFC runner up.... or something...

So beating the jags twice doesnt matter because it was last season, but advancing one game further in the playoffs, does. .ok
Jags are lucky they didnt have to face the titans in the wilcard round

Wouldn't want to snap your little boys leg again in a game that counts now would we. 

Keep bragging about beating us late in the season when we already had the division in the bag. 

Weak [BLEEP] troll

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-29-2018, 09:20 AM)Kane Wrote: tack fans clinging to that like Jags fans were once clinging to "375" vs clots.
Can't win an argument or feeling invalidated? Bring up an old game, an old stat, that really didn't matter in the big picture.

It's OK Dave... tacks suck, but at least they swept the AFC runner up.... or something...

So beating the jags twice doesnt matter because it was last season, but advancing one game further in the playoffs, does. .ok

Well, yeah.  Because that's one step closer to the Super Bowl.  And that's kinda like the objective...isn't it?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I like the rivalry with the Tacks. You go Tack fan stick up for your unproven coach. I give us the edge in talent because I'm a Jags fan. Honestly this is going to be an interesting year because we see what expectations will do to a young team. Thankfully the people in charge are seasoned enough to reel that in some.

I think this will be a different team at home this year. When is the last time a crazy fan base was there in a sold out stadium week after week? I'm hopeful and optimistic going into a season for the first time since 1999.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(06-29-2018, 11:17 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: I like the rivalry with the Tacks.  You go Tack fan stick up for your unproven coach.  I give us the edge in talent because I'm a Jags fan.  Honestly this is going to be an interesting year because we see what expectations will do to a young team.  Thankfully the people in charge are seasoned enough to reel that in some.

I think this will be a different team at home this year.  When is the last time a crazy fan base was there in a sold out stadium week after week?  I'm hopeful and optimistic going into a season for the first time since 1999.

I respect that. I like the rivalry too. Not that long ago both our teams were horrible, although the tacks have the better overall record... just throwing that in there to keep up appearances.
I wish you guys good luck this season. Hopefully the tacks and jags are fighting for the division again. (And yes the tacks would have won it with better coaching last season)
[Image: incredulous.gif]

Acrually ill be honest, I am so glad we didn't face the Titans in the playoffs. We just don't match up very good with them. Casey is a monster inside. And Henry wears defenses down. He likes to bounce plays. Also Walker is a mismatch vs a LB. And Mariotta has killed us with his legs.

I think we are a better overall team but they have our number.

(06-29-2018, 09:20 AM)Kane Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 04:03 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: The things we tell ourselves to feel better about being swept by a division rival?

tack fans clinging to that like Jags fans were once clinging to "375" vs clots.

I thought in the AFCS we used the term 'AFC Finalist'.

(06-29-2018, 02:56 PM)Mikey Wrote:

I thought in the AFCS we used the term 'AFC Finalist'.

I had to look it up, the "375" reference. And i'll give the jags credit there, shutouts. I couldnt tell you the last time the titans shut anyone out.

The Jaguars would have whooped on the Titans in the playoffs. I understand you didn't realize how soft the Jaguars were playing in that last game since you don't watch every week, but they were more vanilla with their play calling then I've ever seen them. Marrone made it a point to now show anything just in case they did face the Titans again, and he started pulling starters rather early. The way the guys were just going through the motions I imagine even the Browns might have beat them. The Jags had it all clinched and were obviously looking past the Titans that week.

Now, week one was a legit Titans win, however, the Jaguars easily may have been distracted by the hurricane that just ripped through Florida. It seemed like the team was still figuring things out back in week two, although I do give the Titans credit for taking advantage of the situation. I also credit the Titans OL in that game for shutting down the Jaguars pass rush as they were one of the only teams all season to do as much.
'02

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2018, 03:48 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(06-30-2018, 12:01 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 09:44 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: So beating the jags twice doesnt matter because it was last season, but advancing one game further in the playoffs, does. .ok

The Jaguars would have whooped on the Titans in the playoffs. I understand you didn't realize how soft the Jaguars were playing in that last game since you don't watch every week, but they were more vanilla with their play calling then I've ever seen them. Marrone made it a point to now show anything just in case they did face the Titans again, and he started pulling starters rather early. The way the guys were just going through the motions I imagine even the Browns might have beat them. The Jags had it all clinched and were obviously looking past the Titans that week.

Now, week one was a legit Titans win, however, the Jaguars easily may have been distracted by the hurricane that just ripped through Florida. It seemed like the team was still figuring things out back in week two, although I do give the Titans credit for taking advantage of the situation. I also credit the Titans OL in that game for shutting down the Jaguars pass rush as they were one of the only teams all season to do as much.

I dont know. Sounds like excuses, especially knowing that the titans beatdown of the jags was week 2, not week 1. But ok. 
And the finale may have been different had the jags needed the win to qualify but the jags looked pretty rank against the bills the following week so who really knows
And finally, i may not watch every jags game but i did manage to watch all but 2 or so last season

To add, its all about matchups. Several of you have said the titans matchup pretty well against the jags. Who's to say what would have happened. The jags defense played great against the bills, the offense was horrific. The offense played great against the steelers, the defense fell asleep. The jags probably played their most complete game against the pats but lost. Its a shame really. I think that was your one true shot.

Yeah as really think that they surprised everybody last year. Hope they can take it to the next level.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

Tacks are lucky we already had the division and our spot wrapped when we played you. You wouldn't have been in the playoffs if the Jags were playing to win the final game.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(07-01-2018, 10:40 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Tacks are lucky we already had the division and our spot wrapped when we played you. You wouldn't have been in the playoffs if the Jags were playing to win the final game.

Agreed. Jags were playing vanilla having wrapped up the division by that second game and probably weren't terribly motivated although they should have won anyway given that they gifted 4 turnovers to the tacks. In the first game they dominated by running against the Jags before we got the running defense sorted out. Henry is a monster no doubt but that would have been a different game if we'd played them after we added Darius.  Very little doubt that the tacks would have gone down hard against the Jags in the playoffs.

As far as their overall talent level, their passing offense/defense are both pretty soft and I don't see that changing much this year given Mariotta will be learning a whole new system and is going to have to start making some strides to avoid a "bust" label at the rate things are going. On defense Malcolm Butler wasn't a bad pickup but he can't do it all himself and I liked Evans in the draft but he's a rookie and is going to be learning on the fly.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-01-2018, 11:05 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 10:40 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Tacks are lucky we already had the division and our spot wrapped when we played you. You wouldn't have been in the playoffs if the Jags were playing to win the final game.

[...]
this year given Mariotta will be learning a whole new system and is going to have to start making some strides to avoid a "bust" label at the rate things are going.

Pot, Kettle, Black???

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2018, 02:21 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(07-01-2018, 11:05 AM)hb1148 Wrote:

Agreed. Jags were playing vanilla having wrapped up the division by that second game and probably weren't terribly motivated although they should have won anyway given that they gifted 4 turnovers to the tacks. In the first game they dominated by running against the Jags before we got the running defense sorted out. Henry is a monster no doubt but that would have been a different game if we'd played them after we added Darius.  Very little doubt that the tacks would have gone down hard against the Jags in the playoffs.

As far as their overall talent level, their passing offense/defense are both pretty soft and I don't see that changing much this year given Mariotta will be learning a whole new system and is going to have to start making some strides to avoid a "bust" label at the rate things are going. On defense Malcolm Butler wasn't a bad pickup but he can't do it all himself and I liked Evans in the draft but he's a rookie and is going to be learning on the fly.

Titans secondary will shock some people. 
The butler signing lets em move ryan back inside where he belongs. Jackson played well for a rookie he will be a beast year 2. Safeties are solid. Weakest link is cyprian and they drafted his replacement. Titans secondary is 1000 times better shape than they've had in a long time maybe ever.
Add the upgrades at linebacker and the offseason goals of shutting down the short pass and the upgrades to the coaching staff... tacks may just show you jags week 3 who woulda shoulda coulda...

(07-01-2018, 02:14 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 11:05 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Agreed. Jags were playing vanilla having wrapped up the division by that second game and probably weren't terribly motivated although they should have won anyway given that they gifted 4 turnovers to the tacks. In the first game they dominated by running against the Jags before we got the running defense sorted out. Henry is a monster no doubt but that would have been a different game if we'd played them after we added Darius.  Very little doubt that the tacks would have gone down hard against the Jags in the playoffs.

Titans secondary will shock some people. 
The butler signing lets em move ryan back inside where he belongs. Jackson played well for a rookie he will be a beast year 2. Safeties are solid. Weakest link is cyprian and they drafted his replacement. Titans secondary is 1000 times better shape than they've had in a long time maybe ever.
Add the upgrades at linebacker and the offseason goals of shutting down the short pass and the upgrades to the coaching staff... tacks may just show you jags week 3 who woulda shoulda coulda...

You're seeing things very optimistically and to be honest, you should as a fan. But even if you've upgraded your secondary with Butler, your linebackers are very young with little depth.  You might improve a bit from that 25th ranked pass defense but probably not enough to make it into the top half of the league and you've really done nothing substantial to improve your offense. You're one twisted ankle (Henry) away from the cellar in that department.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-02-2018, 07:39 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 02:14 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Titans secondary will shock some people. 

You're seeing things very optimistically and to be honest, you should as a fan. But even if you've upgraded your secondary with Butler, your linebackers are very young with little depth.  You might improve a bit from that 25th ranked pass defense but probably not enough to make it into the top half of the league and you've really done nothing substantial to improve your offense. You're one twisted ankle (Henry) away from the cellar in that department.

Well to get this back to the jags talent as this thread should be, what did you guys do to improve your offense? Everyone knows the defense is loaded, but does all those contracts limit what you can do offensively?

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2018, 09:40 AM by SeldomRite.)

(07-02-2018, 09:33 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 07:39 AM)hb1148 Wrote: You're seeing things very optimistically and to be honest, you should as a fan. But even if you've upgraded your secondary with Butler, your linebackers are very young with little depth.  You might improve a bit from that 25th ranked pass defense but probably not enough to make it into the top half of the league and you've really done nothing substantial to improve your offense. You're one twisted ankle (Henry) away from the cellar in that department.

Well to get this back to the jags talent as this thread should be, what did you guys do to improve your offense? Everyone knows the defense is loaded, but does all those contracts limit what you can do offensively?

The fifth ranked offense in the league last year?

Well they did sign an all pro guard and drafted a legit deep threat receiver, though I think expecting rookies to make an impact is unlikely, but I think he'll get behind a few defenses.

Still the puzzling thing is that you seem to think a legit top tier team that your team happened to play at just the right times last year is the one that needs improving.

Really the games both teams played against New England in the playoffs say everything about where each is. One is a legit contender that by all rights should have won in New England, the other is an arrogant pretender that just fired the first winning coach they've had in ages after they were embarrassed in their trip to NE.

Seldom, add the absolute shellacking they were handed by Pittsburgh, the other 'elite' AFC squad they faced. The squad that Jags dominated twice, in their house.

In a twisted way, their sweep of Jacksonville gave them a false sense of identity. They think they are good too, because Jags are. But they can't step on the field with any of the other good teams. It's a brewing comedy. 2018 will clear things up...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2018, 11:30 AM by SeldomRite.)

(07-02-2018, 10:22 AM)BritJag Wrote: Seldom, add the absolute shellacking they were handed by Pittsburgh, the other 'elite' AFC squad they faced.  The squad that Jags dominated twice, in their house.  

In a twisted way, their sweep of Jacksonville gave them a false sense of identity. They think they are good too, because Jags are. But they can't step on the field with any of the other good teams. It's a brewing comedy. 2018 will clear things up...

I totally agree. They barely got by the colts twice, but absolutely worked by every good team they faced except for the Jaguars, who they caught early in the season after the teams best receiver was just lost and late in the season when the Jags had nothing to play for. Even Watson absolutely took them out back to the woodshed.

The titans fans are absolutely delusional right now about almost everything. They're way too high on their QB, their defense, and their coaching. Mularky was making chicken salad out of chicken [BLEEP], and they fired him for it. Chances are they didn't find the next Doug Pederson, but will see in a few months.

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2018, 02:05 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(07-02-2018, 11:30 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 10:22 AM)BritJag Wrote: Seldom, add the absolute shellacking they were handed by Pittsburgh, the other 'elite' AFC squad they faced.  The squad that Jags dominated twice, in their house.  

I totally agree. They barely got by the colts twice, but absolutely worked by every good team they faced except for the Jaguars, who they caught early in the season after the teams best receiver was just lost and late in the season when the Jags had nothing to play for. Even Watson absolutely took them out back to the woodshed.

The titans fans are absolutely delusional right now about almost everything. They're way too high on their QB, their defense, and their coaching. Mularky was making chicken salad out of chicken [BLEEP], and they fired him for it. Chances are they didn't find the next Doug Pederson, but will see in a few months.

Yes we will. Haha you guys think just because you overachieved last season, that you have arrived. 
I agree the titans sucked last season but as a fan of that franchise i know why. It was obvious the coaches had to go. Vrabel may not be the next great coach, but i guarantee the assistants he has put together will get so much more out of the talent that is there.

Terry robiskie admitted running the same running play 4 or 5 times into 8 & 9 man boxes waiting for it to "pop"
And could you guys see demarco murray losing all his steps but continuing to be mularkeys starter?
Yeah mularkey made something but i wouldnt call it chicken salad