Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dante Fowler ready to prove his worth to Jaguars

(06-27-2018, 10:57 AM)Upper Wrote: Danielle Hunter just set the market for young franchise DEs, so just give that same deal to Yannick and wave goodbye to Dante plz.
Danielle Hunter: 3rd round selection who has garnered 25 sacks in three seasons (although, only 7 last season as full time starter, 12 as a rotational player in 2016)
Earns 14 mil per year and a 15 mil signing bonus. Covering 29 of the 40 mil guaranteed through the first season. After season 2, he'll have earned all of his guaranteed monies so if he falls off after 2 seasons they can cut him for minimal loss.

I would totally give that deal to Yannick, although I'll say this... 
Our guy: 3rd round selection who has gotten 20 sacks in 2 seasons, more FFs, and has been a starter almost the whole time.
Yannick deserves more.

And a former first rounder (dante) who has all this potential but is marred by injuries and scheme fit questions..... I just don't see the Jags paying him 10mil a year plus... even on a team friendly deal that we could get out of.
I was a fan of the selection initially... but if he is hurt or comes to camp undersized I don't see the point of hanging on to him beyond this season. Smoot and Yannick, along with Taven, Malik and Dareus would still be a solid line for 2019 and we could add another young piece in the coming draft

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-26-2018, 10:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: A comp pick won't be as good as Fowler, so sitting back for that is not good. I'd like them to find a way to keep him. He's worth it.

There's just not enough money to go around.

You have a point that the comp pick won't be as good, but I just don't see him on the 2019 roster. Hopefully we can get a 2nd rounder for Dante in a trade.
'02

(06-28-2018, 11:59 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-26-2018, 10:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: A comp pick won't be as good as Fowler, so sitting back for that is not good. I'd like them to find a way to keep him. He's worth it.

There's just not enough money to go around.

You have a point that the comp pick won't be as good, but I just don't see him on the 2019 roster. Hopefully we can get a 2nd rounder for Dante in a trade.

Just my opinion, but it's pretty difficult to get a 2nd rounder for a guy that hasn't been a regular starter.

Why let good players go? Find a way to keep him.

(06-28-2018, 03:53 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Why let good players go? Find a way to keep him.

Because I'd rather not put the team in cap hell for 'good' players.  Let him play his brains out this year, and if another team wants to throw the bank at him, I'm fine with that.

We have a large number of very good players that are on the hook for tons of money, or soon to be on the hook. I'd hate to tie that money up on a guy that is either replaceable, or a product of the better talent around him.

(06-28-2018, 03:53 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Why let good players go? Find a way to keep him.

No one wants to let good players go. This thread is about Fowler though.

If Fowler plays well, I think we pay him. He made so many plays that didn’t show up on the stat sheet

Fowler should be a 3-4 OLB.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(06-29-2018, 01:29 AM)Upper Wrote:

No one wants to let good players go. This thread is about Fowler though.

[Image: tenor.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-11-2018, 06:29 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I want to keep Fowler, first and foremost.  My question is who are the DL replacements in the next 2 to 3 drafts/seasons to replace Fowler, Darius, Campbell, and potentially jackson as well.  Not including secondary. Lb depth, and CB depth on defense alone.  

I know the MB GMs want to cut and replace everyone they deem not elite; but who in college or FA are ya'll eyeing or is this just throwing at the wall...keep in mind future draft position in the list of names.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.