Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Addition and Subtraction

Whitney Mercilus is NOT a 4-3 LBer..in that scheme he'd be playing defensive end, like he did in college when he led the NCAA in sacks at Illinois. If you don't run a 3-4 scheme it doesn't make sense to bring him in as a LBer.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-25-2018, 05:50 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Jalen Ramsey is not Hopkins' father..I don't see how that fallacy gets thrown around here.

Probably about the repeated spankings Ramsey's put on him.

2016 it was so bad that Hopkins claimed he won because his team won, this year he just plain got whooped from every perspective.

But, hey, he managed some garbage time scores, so good for him?

(06-25-2018, 08:23 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(06-25-2018, 05:50 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Jalen Ramsey is not Hopkins' father..I don't see how that fallacy gets thrown around here.

Probably about the repeated spankings Ramsey's put on him.

2016 it was so bad that Hopkins claimed he won because his team won, this year he just plain got whooped from every perspective.

But, hey, he managed some garbage time scores, so good for him?

Um, no he didn't, but thanks for your homer POV.

2016 was a draw, with each player claiming "victory."  You could argue the slight edge to Ramsey given the numbers:

"During his two games against Houston’s DeAndre Hopkins last year, Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey was targeted a whopping 22 times by Texans quarterbacks.

Brock Osweiler and Tom Savage were a combined 10-of-22 passing for 94 yards. Ramsey had an interception and three other pass breakups in the second game."

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/jagua...re-hopkins

In 2017, catches were even harder to come by (though it wasn't exclusively Ramsey on Hopkins.)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtIhKa809Aw

Life is hard for Hopkins when he plays the Jaguars.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(06-26-2018, 02:06 PM)pirkster Wrote: 2016 was a draw, with each player claiming "victory."  You could argue the slight edge to Ramsey given the numbers:

"During his two games against Houston’s DeAndre Hopkins last year, Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey was targeted a whopping 22 times by Texans quarterbacks.

Brock Osweiler and Tom Savage were a combined 10-of-22 passing for 94 yards. Ramsey had an interception and three other pass breakups in the second game."

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/jagua...re-hopkins

In 2017, catches were even harder to come by (though it wasn't exclusively Ramsey on Hopkins.)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtIhKa809Aw

Life is hard for Hopkins when he plays the Jaguars.

Lol, "Tom Savage and Brock Osweiler...." 

But yeah, life is hard when when Hopkins plays Ramsey, but guess what...he still makes plays with a hot steaming pile at QB and doesn't get shut out and holds his own. Ramsey is great player, but so is Hopkins. It's like watching a boxing match and I look forward to their matchups. They get very physical with eachother.  Can't wait to see how Watson effects this matchup.. Hell I don't even know if Osweiler was able to even able to complete half his passes when Hopkins was defended by air. (And that isn't a exaggeration either). Can't wait to see what Hopkins does with a real QB for the first time in his career, but back to the matchup.

This is how physical it gets..

Nnbody is anybody's "daddy/father" in this matchup..just two grown *** men.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hopkins from the Texans. He would be extra good here with Bortles biggest flaw being his timing/accuracy. Nuk's insane hands and catch radius would counter that perfectly.

Hooker from the Colts. Simple to me, Earl Thomas impacts games more than David Decastro does.

The Titans are tough since we are built very similarly. I'll go with Lewan since he's their best player and I still think Cam Robinson would be better on the right side.