Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ticket Prices

Hi guys, apologies if this is the wrong spot for this question but here goes; I was born in Jax to a navy family. Never went to a game and still haven’t had the opportunity since my pops moved us after a few years. This year I want to go to my first and looking at ticket prices I’m curious as to why tickets are More expensive than tickets to away game
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

After last season, they raised the prices throughout the stadium. My seats went up 30%.

They're more expensive because the away game stadiums are dumps! Smile
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Because they want to capitalize on their winning success from last year. It's still a business at the end of the day and I understand completely. But keep your eyes open and maybe you'll luck out and get a good deal. And best of luck by the way. I've been to some memorable games throughout my life here.

BUT... personally speaking. If I was in your shoes and I could only have ONE game to see live this year. Just ONE. Circle 11/18/18 on your calendar. That's when Pittsburgh is rolling into town. Those games are ALWAYS fun to watch. Especially with what happened last year. Pittsburgh nation travels well too with those ugly [BLEEP] yellow towels. We could use all the fans we can get that night.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The days of jumping on Craigslist and getting a ticket for $20 are over.

(06-22-2018, 10:20 AM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: Hi guys, apologies if this is the wrong spot for this question but here goes; I was born in Jax to a navy family. Never went to a game and still haven’t had the opportunity since my pops moved us after a few years. This year I want to go to my first and looking at ticket prices I’m curious as to why tickets are More expensive than tickets to away game

Not sure what game you are looking for or in which section.

(06-22-2018, 10:20 AM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: Hi guys, apologies if this is the wrong spot for this question but here goes; I was born in Jax to a navy family. Never went to a game and still haven’t had the opportunity since my pops moved us after a few years. This year I want to go to my first and looking at ticket prices I’m curious as to why tickets are More expensive than tickets to away game

Because the Jags don't control the cost of away game tickets?  Just spit balling.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

FBT; I was asking because it seemed unusual to me that the Chiefs mid level seats where around 140 at Arrow Head while the same seats for Everbank were listed at closer to 250 on seatgeek. I understand the boom factor with the team being good all of a sudden. I was just hoping to grab decent seats at an average price. No worries though, Pittsburgh sounds like a good game to splurge on. If anyone knows of a place for great deals, please feel free to share. I checked SeatGeek and Stubhub. I also haven’t been to Duval since I was 4 so I need some ideas for perfect spots to hit up. I originally thought about taking a massive road trip and going to KC (my cousin lives there and has offered her couch and a tailgate spot) and hitting Dalas the next week. Pre Season planning right now fellas. I’m excited to get down there
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(06-22-2018, 12:36 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: FBT; I was asking because it seemed unusual to me that the Chiefs mid level seats where around 140 at Arrow Head while the same seats for Everbank were listed at closer to 250 on seatgeek. I understand the boom factor with the team being good all of a sudden. I was just hoping to grab decent seats at an average price. No worries though, Pittsburgh sounds like a good game to splurge on. If anyone knows of a place for great deals, please feel free to share. I checked SeatGeek and Stubhub. I also haven’t been to Duval since I was 4 so I need some ideas for perfect spots to hit up. I originally thought about taking a massive road trip and going to KC (my cousin lives there and has offered her couch and a tailgate spot) and hitting Dalas the next week. Pre Season planning right now fellas. I’m excited to get down there

If you can remember to PM me closer to when you've decided on a game, I would be willing to hook you up if I happen to be out of town (happens a lot). I have two in mid -214. Let me know.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I relocated to Dallas as part of work requirements and the Jaguars seats are cheap on the reseller market. The Houston game was cheap last year because of the hurricane and will be this year because they view us like we did them back when the AFC South was pressed together from rejects. We don't have the cache in away games yet and that is alright. This year has top flight games coming to town.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(06-22-2018, 12:45 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(06-22-2018, 12:36 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: FBT; I was asking because it seemed unusual to me that the Chiefs mid level seats where around 140 at Arrow Head while the same seats for Everbank were listed at closer to 250 on seatgeek. I understand the boom factor with the team being good all of a sudden. I was just hoping to grab decent seats at an average price. No worries though, Pittsburgh sounds like a good game to splurge on. If anyone knows of a place for great deals, please feel free to share. I checked SeatGeek and Stubhub. I also haven’t been to Duval since I was 4 so I need some ideas for perfect spots to hit up. I originally thought about taking a massive road trip and going to KC (my cousin lives there and has offered her couch and a tailgate spot) and hitting Dalas the next week. Pre Season planning right now fellas. I’m excited to get down there

If you can remember to PM me closer to when you've decided on a game, I would be willing to hook you up if I happen to be out of town (happens a lot). I have two in mid -214. Let me know.

B2, that's pretty cool of you man.

(06-22-2018, 03:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-22-2018, 12:45 PM)B2hibry Wrote: If you can remember to PM me closer to when you've decided on a game, I would be willing to hook you up if I happen to be out of town (happens a lot). I have two in mid -214. Let me know.

B2, that's pretty cool of you man.
Dude’s seems like a big fan and his first game should be memorable. Rather the seats get used by a Jag than some obnoxious visiting fan.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

There's not some uniform ticket pricing policy.  Teams set their prices independently.

I'm not sure what mid-level seats you're looking at, but $250 for seats in the 200s is a premium. And if you're looking at them on Seat Geek, you're not getting pricing that is consistent with what someone would pay at the gate (assuming there were tickets available, which isn't the case this year). Seat Geek is jacking up the price of the tickets. My 200 level seats literally in the front row of my section are around $50 a game per seat. Even if you were buying single game tickets, you wouldn't pay more than $100 for my seats unless it's a premium game like New England where the team charges more for those tickets.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I am guessing you are looking at the reseller market for one of the 2-3 in demand games next season. If you have some flexibility on when you come, you can get much cheaper options.

Alternatively single game tickets open to the public in July, maybe you can find a better deal then.

I'll just throw this out there.  If your father or any member of your family is in the military, the USO usually has some pretty good deals on tickets.  They may not be the best seats, but it gets you to the game.  That's how I watched the first few seasons before I bought season tickets.  It's even better now since before when I was in the Navy we were required to wear a uniform to the game.  That's not the case now.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2018, 04:51 AM by Nashville.Dave.)

(06-22-2018, 11:35 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The days of jumping on Craigslist and getting a ticket for $20 are over.

Maybe next year...

(06-22-2018, 04:30 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(06-22-2018, 03:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: B2, that's pretty cool of you man.
Dude’s seems like a big fan and his first game should be memorable. Rather the seats get used by a Jag than some obnoxious visiting fan.

Got any tix for the tacks game? Lol
[Image: incredulous.gif]

Isn't it a bad idea to get tickets from seatgeek and stubhub?

Wouldn't you rather buy the tickets from Jaguars dot com or NFL ticket exchange?

I wouldn't know... I don't buy tickets online like that but I've always heard those 3rd party sites are BS and will jack up prices a bunch.
But as noted before... Jags have had some of the lowest ticket prices around the league, for years. They are witnessing some success and know they can cash in, and they should with how much Khan has invested in the team and stadium and city.

(06-29-2018, 09:24 AM)Kane Wrote: Isn't it a bad idea to get tickets from seatgeek and stubhub?

Wouldn't you rather buy the tickets from Jaguars dot com or NFL ticket exchange?

I wouldn't know... I don't buy tickets online like that but I've always heard those 3rd party sites are BS and will jack up prices a bunch.
But as noted before... Jags have had some of the lowest ticket prices around the league, for years. They are witnessing some success and know they can cash in, and they should with how much Khan has invested in the team and stadium and city.

StubHub has teamed up with the NFL to mirror the NFL Ticket Exchange concept of selling the ticket only if the bar code is provided.  Thus, effective this year, if one resells an NFL Ticket on StubHub, their existing bar code will be cancelled and a new one will be issued to the buyer, making it 100% secure.