Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marcell Dareus accused of sexual assault

(06-23-2018, 06:30 PM)JW Wrote: How come there is no mention of this on NFL.com or ESPN?  Is this a real story or more of that fake news we’ve all been hearing about.

Oh snap is that you the real you jw?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-23-2018, 06:26 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 06:27 AM)Jags02 Wrote: So she basically blacked out, and then after she awoke she realized they had sex.

That said, with her having blacked out, how does she know for sure that she never consented? 

If she was drunk to the point of blacking out then she couldn't really give consent wither way could she? They don't let you sign a contract when blackout drunk because your signature would be worth less than the ink used, same with consent.

Well what if he was also blacked out, couldn't you use the same argument towards his consent if he also cannot remember?

(06-23-2018, 07:08 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 06:26 PM)DragonFury Wrote: If she was drunk to the point of blacking out then she couldn't really give consent wither way could she? They don't let you sign a contract when blackout drunk because your signature would be worth less than the ink used, same with consent.

Well what if he was also blacked out, couldn't you use the same argument towards his consent if he also cannot remember?

There is a hierarchy and the guy is the bottom of the pile.  Everything and everyone else is heard/believed first.  Lesson is their is no such thing as a free lunch.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(06-23-2018, 06:30 PM)JW Wrote: How come there is no mention of this on NFL.com or ESPN?  Is this a real story or more of that fake news we’ve all been hearing about.

This is actual news that is fake.

My professional legal opinion on this is that it is garbage of the highest order, and there is nothing that can come of this and it is likely to be dismissed.  It is not properly plead, really, and doesn't really follow through on the actual claims.

Players need to stop going out and picking up women after/while drinking. They need to work with their lawyers and find a way to cover themselves. From signing consent, videotape a breathalyzer to show they are capable of consenting, etc.

Then because the woman can change her consent at any time, will have store video offsite encrypted and only accessed with a key by a 3rd party who doesn't have access to the video files.

Sounds crazy, but if players are going to keep going out and picking up questionable women they are going to have to find a way to protect themselves.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

(06-23-2018, 07:08 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 06:26 PM)DragonFury Wrote: If she was drunk to the point of blacking out then she couldn't really give consent wither way could she? They don't let you sign a contract when blackout drunk because your signature would be worth less than the ink used, same with consent.

You should, but sadly that's not how it works.

(06-24-2018, 04:19 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 07:08 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Well what if he was also blacked out, couldn't you use the same argument towards his consent if he also cannot remember?

You should, but sadly that's not how it works.

How would they even know if they hooked up at that point. If i was going to go with argument could he say he was the one who actually was assaulted?

(06-24-2018, 12:33 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Players need to stop going out and picking up women after/while drinking. They need to work with their lawyers and find a way to cover themselves. From signing consent, videotape a breathalyzer to show they are capable of consenting, etc.

Then because the woman can change her consent at any time, will have store video offsite encrypted and only accessed with a key by a 3rd party who doesn't have access to the video files.

Sounds crazy, but if players are going to keep going out and picking up questionable women they are going to have to find a way to protect themselves.

How Romantic.
I'm so glad I got married, and don't have to play these stupid games anymore.

s
;

;

I would treat Dareus as perishable goods. We knew what we were getting when he was signed. Regardless of whether he did this or not. he's the type of person who seems to orbit these situations. Good player. Bad personal situational awareness and risk assessment skills.

(06-24-2018, 09:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I would treat Dareus as perishable goods. We knew what we were getting when he was signed. Regardless of whether he did this or not. he's the type of person who seems to orbit these situations. Good player. Bad personal situational awareness and risk assessment skills.

He's currently a $9 million cap hit, his contract ends after this season and we've just drafted a DT in the first round. He might even be traded before the season starts, though stuff like this doesn't help his trade value.

(06-24-2018, 10:38 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 09:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I would treat Dareus as perishable goods. We knew what we were getting when he was signed. Regardless of whether he did this or not. he's the type of person who seems to orbit these situations. Good player. Bad personal situational awareness and risk assessment skills.

He's currently a $9 million cap hit, his contract ends after this season and we've just drafted a DT in the first round. He might even be traded before the season starts, though stuff like this doesn't help his trade value.

It would be helpful to keep him through this season until Bryan gets some seasoning. He's pretty raw. Bryan has the physical tools, I'm anxious to see how he absorbs the mental aspect. Every meaningful gain by Bryan edges Dareus closer to the door.

(06-24-2018, 11:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 10:38 AM)DragonFury Wrote: He's currently a $9 million cap hit, his contract ends after this season and we've just drafted a DT in the first round. He might even be traded before the season starts, though stuff like this doesn't help his trade value.

It would be helpful to keep him through this season until Bryan gets some seasoning. He's pretty raw. Bryan has the physical tools, I'm anxious to see how he absorbs the mental aspect. Every meaningful gain by Bryan edges Dareus closer to the door.

Except that Bryan plays a different position than Darius. Bryan would replace Malik Jackson (or maybe Campbell) in the Jags scheme.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Remember kids, if Jake and Josie are both drunk then Jake is a rapist!

[Image: Dgr1yOj.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-24-2018, 09:49 AM)Norman Mushari Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 12:33 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Players need to stop going out and picking up women after/while drinking. They need to work with their lawyers and find a way to cover themselves. From signing consent, videotape a breathalyzer to show they are capable of consenting, etc.

How Romantic.
I'm so glad I got married, and don't have to play these stupid games anymore.

Nothing romantic intended about it though. The players are better served by putting all intentions out in the open, the games are what get them in trouble. It allows the crazies and to exist.

Straight to a civil.suit? How can anyone take this seriously?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(06-24-2018, 03:39 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Nothing romantic intended about it though. The players are better served by putting all intentions out in the open, the games are what get them in trouble. It allows the crazies and to exist.

In this day and age the pursuit of casual sex has changed dramatically.  Were I a famous figure I would demand a consent form because of stories just like this.  And for the record this appears to be nothing but a money grab.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Marcell is incredibly important to the Jags D. His back up is Abry and when he was the starter the D was not very good against the run. With Marcell starting, the unit was significantly improved. I am excited to see how the defense looks with a full offseason to prepare with Marcell. As someone else posted earlier, the NFL set the precedent that a player doesn't have to be charged legally for them to take action as they did to Zeke. NFL will run their own "investigation". Legally this may blow over (as it should), but since Marcell has a history with the NFL... we just have no idea. It would be terrible if he was suspended for a significant amount of time. Hopefully nothing comes out of it.

(06-24-2018, 10:38 AM)DragonFury Wrote:

Actually, his contract is through the 2021 season, but there will be no dead cap for 2019 if he is traded/released before the third league day of 2019. I would doubt we would trade him during this season since he is an important part of the defense and we don't want to rely on rookies to take up the slack, and as you mentioned his trade value probably isn't that great right now, but I think he is likely to be a salary cap casualty for 2019.

(06-25-2018, 08:36 AM)Gettin\ Jaggy with it Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 10:38 AM)DragonFury Wrote: He's currently a $9 million cap hit, his contract ends after this season and we've just drafted a DT in the first round. He might even be traded before the season starts, though stuff like this doesn't help his trade value.

Actually, his contract is through the 2021 season, but there will be no dead cap for 2019 if he is traded/released before the third league day of 2019. I would doubt we would trade him during this season since he is an important part of the defense and we don't want to rely on rookies to take up the slack, and as you mentioned his trade value probably isn't that great right now, but I think he is likely to be a salary cap casualty for 2019.

I'll be damned, guess missremembered the end of dead money as the end of his contract. Other than that he is not likely to be a cap casualty for 2019. It's basically written in stone; we're $34 million over for 2019 and Dareus is a $10.5 million hit.

why didn't Dareus just tell the chick that his name was Ron Mexico