Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
More proof that Gun Grabbers are never satisfied

(06-30-2018, 09:12 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 10:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Here we go again with this nonsensical argument that Americans would use military might to kill and suppress their own people simply because they wear a uniform. Please, stop.

Isn't this exactly what we are warned about by gun rights activists? If not the uniformed military and police, who will seize our weapons?

Make no mistake, there will be members of those organizations who would go along with such a policy. The 2nd prevents the issue from growing to the point that we must resist them with violence.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-01-2018, 10:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 09:12 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Isn't this exactly what we are warned about by gun rights activists? If not the uniformed military and police, who will seize our weapons?

Make no mistake, there will be members of those organizations who would go along with such a policy. The 2nd prevents the issue from growing to the point that we must resist them with violence.

Unless it becomes an issue of self-interest for those in uniform, already in possession of superior armament, if it breaks down to a point of crisis.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(06-30-2018, 09:20 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Your government runs a fleet of nuclear powered airports, each with enough firepower to level a decent sized city. You have a semi-automatic AR-15 and a 9mm Glock. I have a better shot at having sex with Scarlett Johansson than you do against the US military.

Everything you say is a stereotype. I own no European plastic throwaway junk and no semi-auto anything. I roll with blued steel, checkered walnut and 1890's technology. Still think I got no chance?

(07-01-2018, 12:03 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 09:20 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Your government runs a fleet of nuclear powered airports, each with enough firepower to level a decent sized city. You have a semi-automatic AR-15 and a 9mm Glock. I have a better shot at having sex with Scarlett Johansson than you do against the US military.

Everything you say is a stereotype.  I own no European plastic throwaway junk and no semi-auto anything.  I roll with blued steel, checkered walnut and 1890's technology.  Still think I got no chance?

Nope.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-01-2018, 12:03 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:

Everything you say is a stereotype.  I own no European plastic throwaway junk and no semi-auto anything.  I roll with blued steel, checkered walnut and 1890's technology.  Still think I got no chance?

It'll be a waste of a nice weapon when you get bombed into oblivion.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-01-2018, 12:21 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 12:03 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Everything you say is a stereotype.  I own no European plastic throwaway junk and no semi-auto anything.  I roll with blued steel, checkered walnut and 1890's technology.  Still think I got no chance?

It'll be a waste of a nice weapon when you get bombed into oblivion.

Are you really that clueless that you think the US military would ever start bombing? Ruling a bombed-out empty country is not a goal even the most insane dictator wannabe would desire.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(07-01-2018, 11:55 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 10:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Make no mistake, there will be members of those organizations who would go along with such a policy. The 2nd prevents the issue from growing to the point that we must resist them with violence.

Unless it becomes an issue of self-interest for those in uniform, already in possession of superior armament, if it breaks down to a point of crisis.

"Once vigorous measures appear to be the only means left of bringing the Americans to a due submission to the mother country, the colonies will submit."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Getting a kick out of the folks thinking military members blindly follow orders with no thought process. There is also that pesky detail of swearing an oath to uphold the constitution and defend against enemies both foreign and domestic. A fact that most take very seriously. There may be some exceptions but a large majority of the military absolutely would not support a large-scale attack against U.S. citizens. Furthermore, a war event or activation of major weaponry is a scaled and chained event. There are numerous ways to break that chain from logistics, operator, weapons loading, fueling, maintenance, etc.

The balance really tilts when you consider how many retired or separated military folks from all specialties know exactly what the military weaknesses are, where things are stored/acquired, and exactly how systems function. It's a pipe dream to believe the U.S. Government could get away with an attack on the populace and defeat a domestic "militia." Heck, need a comparison for perspective, Syria has been going on for over seven years now against a weak populace with no gun rights and minimal training. The Syrian government has even had help from multiple countries.

There would be a better chance of having a military coup against our acting government than a joint initiative against the civilian populace.

Fun facts...(There are just over 2 million active/reserve personnel and 75% of them are not war-fighters) (There are over 20 million veterans, with a higher portion of combat veterans than there are total active, in the U.S. (There are an estimated (very low) 300+ million guns with access to more if it got ugly) (Nearly all missiles, bullets, grenades, etc. are civilian made)
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]