Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democratic Congressman: Taxpayers Should Subsidize Congressional Housing

With their salary and perks they want US to pay their rent? Male Bovine Droppings!

Democratic Congressman Bennie Thompson (MS) introduced HR 5845, known as the No Couches for Congress Act, which would force taxpayers to subsidize living expenses for members of Congress.

https://townhall.com/notebook/bethbauman...g-n2493971
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-24-2018, 03:52 PM)The Drifter Wrote: With their salary and perks they want US to pay their rent? Male Bovine Droppings!

Democratic Congressman Bennie Thompson (MS) introduced HR 5845, known as the No Couches for Congress Act, which would force taxpayers to subsidize living expenses for members of Congress.

The "d" or the "r" after their name is pointless at this point.  By the time these guys reach congress they feel so entitled they are shameless.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(06-24-2018, 04:17 PM)copycat Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 03:52 PM)The Drifter Wrote: With their salary and perks they want US to pay their rent? Male Bovine Droppings!

The "d" or the "r" after their name is pointless at this point.  By the time these guys reach congress they feel so entitled they are shameless.

Couldn't agree more.

They go to Washington to get rich, not to serve the people.  They serve themselves.

They manipulate people's emotions for votes, then manipulate their lives with their actions - then point the finger at their opposition to manipulate people's emotions for votes, and the cycle repeats.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(06-25-2018, 12:18 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 04:17 PM)copycat Wrote: The "d" or the "r" after their name is pointless at this point.  By the time these guys reach congress they feel so entitled they are shameless.

Couldn't agree more.

They go to Washington to get rich, not to serve the people.  They serve themselves.

They manipulate people's emotions for votes, then manipulate their lives with their actions - then point the finger at their opposition to manipulate people's emotions for votes, and the cycle repeats.

Yep. It makes me sick what has become of the state of our politics, the politicians and Washington in general. I mean, Donald Trump is POTUS. I don't even mean that in a bad way but those of us who have been alive more than 35-45+ years would never have thought that could or would happen. 

Someone said to me the other dat, "could you imagine someone who went into a coma in 1968 waking from it in 2018? They wouldn't recognize anything. NOTHING. I'm sometimes shocked at how much has changed in 20 years and I've been relatively conscious for all of it. Some things you just never see coming.

(06-26-2018, 12:23 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-25-2018, 12:18 PM)pirkster Wrote: Couldn't agree more.

Yep. It makes me sick what has become of the state of our politics, the politicians and Washington in general. I mean, Donald Trump is POTUS. I don't even mean that in a bad way but those of us who have been alive more than 35-45+ years would never have thought that could or would happen. 

Someone said to me the other dat, "could you imagine someone who went into a coma in 1968 waking from it in 2018? They wouldn't recognize anything. NOTHING. I'm sometimes shocked at how much has changed in 20 years and I've been relatively conscious for all of it. Some things you just never see coming.

Dude.. if anyone fell into a coma and awakened 50 YEARS LATER, it wouldn't matter what era or political climate they fell asleep in...they wouldn't recognize the world they woke up too...I don't understand your point. 50 years is a long time and the modern world is always rapidly changing..always has been, always will. The freaking internet as we know it has only been around a little more than 25 years.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hell, why not? Us taxpayers are already footing the rent payment for 10's of millions of other able bodied wastes of space. Whats a few hundred more? Just make sure the housing is the exact same quality as the rest of the HUD projects in and around DC.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(06-26-2018, 01:10 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(06-26-2018, 12:23 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Yep. It makes me sick what has become of the state of our politics, the politicians and Washington in general. I mean, Donald Trump is POTUS. I don't even mean that in a bad way but those of us who have been alive more than 35-45+ years would never have thought that could or would happen. 

Dude.. if anyone fell into a coma and awakened 50 YEARS LATER, it wouldn't matter what era or political climate they fell asleep in...they wouldn't recognize the world they woke up too...I don't understand your point. 50 years is a long time and the modern world is always rapidly changing..always has been, always will. The freaking internet as we know it has only been around a little more than 25 years.

My point was society changes in crazy ways and things us older folks would have never thought to happen actually has happened. Not sure what your point is. Unless we're saying the same thing from a different angle. That's why "they" say men are from Mars and women are from Venus.