Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags showing interest in potential supplemental draftee CB Brandon Bryant

Shoulda used our 2nd.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pfft... Alexander would have been a better pick.

Bryant reported to be signing with Jets.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(07-11-2018, 02:34 PM)pirkster Wrote: Pfft... Alexander would have been a better pick.

Bryant reported to be signing with Jets.

Foolish move on his part, joining a team with two safeties drafted with the Jets top two picks just last year.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I am glad we kept our draft picks. None of these players were going to compete for a starting role on this roster.

Whole lot of nothing. The story certainly was thoughtless. Who knows how much damage it has done to the egos of our safeties? Oh, that's right. Nobody here cares because they work for the Gainesville Times Union and/or think it's cool to listen to a total dork like pucker-lips.

(07-12-2018, 06:32 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Whole lot of nothing. The story certainly was thoughtless. Who knows how much damage it has done to the egos of our safeties? Oh, that's right. Nobody here cares because they work for the Gainesville Times Union and/or think it's cool to listen to a total dork like pucker-lips.

Do you actually believe the bilge that you type?  I'm just curious.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-12-2018, 07:54 AM)Rico Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 06:32 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Whole lot of nothing. The story certainly was thoughtless. Who knows how much damage it has done to the egos of our safeties? Oh, that's right. Nobody here cares because they work for the Gainesville Times Union and/or think it's cool to listen to a total dork like pucker-lips.

Do you actually believe the bilge that you type?  I'm just curious.

Go call 1010 XL and report me. Oh wait.

(07-12-2018, 11:58 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 07:54 AM)Rico Wrote: Do you actually believe the bilge that you type?  I'm just curious.

Anytime I go away for awhile there's always a new JW when I come back.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018, 01:17 PM by RicoTx.)

(07-12-2018, 11:58 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 07:54 AM)Rico Wrote: Do you actually believe the bilge that you type?  I'm just curious.

I assume that was supposed to be funny?  Seeing as I don't understand the vague/weird reference, I have to ask.

I mean, I don't have to report anybody.  If you want to show up here and act like a loon, that's your business.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-11-2018, 04:59 PM)ATLjag Wrote: I am glad we kept our draft picks.   None of these players were going to compete for a starting role on this roster.

Agree.

And I believe that was the extent of our interest.

Gauge the value, see if worth a talk in free agency if they slipped through.

I was surprised that the Giants spent a third... but then, they really have depth issues.

The two selected are the only likely to have any contribution (as non-starters) this season.  Hard to spend anything higher than 6, 7th rounder on that expected production.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Yes, this is clearly a team full of fragile egos.  

Your insight is always appreciated.  Who else brings comic relief like this?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

What did I miss here?

Damage to the egos of our safeties?!?  Are you kidding?

First off, these guys are seasoned veterans, who undoubtedly have seen enough in this game over the years to know their replacements are potentially always around the corner, if not behind them on the bench.  They know they are one injury or major mistake from being gone.  As it stands, they have to know they potentially won't be long for this team because they have some idea of the salary cap crunch to come, and if they lacked that awareness before, they had to have gained it after Harrison was drafted in the 3rd round this year.  

Furthermore, I think any fragility to their egos was likely ameliorated when they first entered the league as undrafted free agents.  There is a prestige to being drafted, even in a later round.  While being drafted lower than expected is undoubtedly disappointing for most players on some level, it is still better than not being drafted at all from a prestige standpoint.  That said, it speaks volumes to their abilities and resilience that both Church and Gipson were able to carve out successful NFL careers despite not being drafted out of college.  Successful players at this level like Gipson and Church thrive on competition.  I certainly don't think they will be discouraged one iota by the team exercising its due diligence about players in a supplemental draft, especially since the team did not exercise a draft choice in acquiring anyone in that talent pool.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!