Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travel ban upheld by SCOTUS

...as it should have been.

More hope for sanity.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good, here's the story: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/...tions.html
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

VERY important nugget from Justice Thomas here:

[Image: JusticeThomas.jpg]

Continued lunacy in the form of habitually Unconstitutional rulings by appeals courts who pass judgments based on feelings and not the rule of law may no longer be tolerated in the near future.

Another win for the rule of law in this decision, and perhaps even more wins for the rule of law to come.  Bravo.  Very well stated Justice Thomas.

The legality of it shouldn't have ever been in question. If someone wants to argue it's effectiveness or lack of I'll listen but the exclusion by nationality is 100% legal. Now the campaign talk about banning a religion would be a different story but president Trump's and canidite Trump are two completely different people.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Well, this is the number one reason why I voted for Trump...to swing the Supreme Court and I'm glad to see it's already paying off and will for many years to come.  I'm so glad that succubus didn't get to appoint supreme justices. 
Big Grin

More winning. still not tired of it. However, it is concerning that the number of far left loony justices still voted against it. Hopefully trump gets at least another justice in the next 6 years.

It is frightening that you have a woman who is 112 years old still on the supreme court.

Every decision is 5-4. The SC is as divided as the rest of the country.

Xenophobes are hysterical. This isn't a win snowflake. These countries are innocuous compared to the countries that really hate us and, you know, actually sent terrorists here to carry out 9/11. Ermagherd... I feel SO much safer. Losers.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(06-27-2018, 09:04 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Every decision is 5-4.  The SC is as divided as the rest of the country.

Which is why that election was so important. Presidents change every 4 to 8 years. Supreme court justices do not.

(06-27-2018, 01:38 PM)Kotite Wrote: Xenophobes are hysterical. This isn't a win snowflake. These countries are innocuous compared to the countries that really hate us and, you know, actually sent terrorists here to carry out 9/11. Ermagherd... I feel SO much safer. Losers.

The most delicious part of all this, is the ignorant kotite isn't privy to the fact that the 0bama administration put together the list of countries.  The Trump administration simply used the same list they had previously put together.  Which... affects a whopping 8% of Muslims - which was the primary criticism of those who continue to not understand the order.  It was never a so-called "Muslim ban."

Now who sound's afraid of others?

That would be little k kotite and his crying keyboard.

Not a good day for Kotite.

(06-27-2018, 01:38 PM)Kotite Wrote: Xenophobes are hysterical. This isn't a win snowflake. These countries are innocuous compared to the countries that really hate us and, you know, actually sent terrorists here to carry out 9/11. Ermagherd... I feel SO much safer. Losers.

And we should ban them too.

It wasn't a Muslim ban... Just don't pull up any audio of Trump saying exactly that.

It is a joke and you'll lap it up like it is anything but fluff.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(06-27-2018, 02:09 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not a good day for Kotite.

Lol

(06-27-2018, 03:46 PM)Kotite Wrote: It wasn't a Muslim ban...  Just don't pull up any audio of Trump saying exactly that.

0bama was our first Muslim president ("my Muslim faith".)

You think he put that list together to ban Muslims?

I could find something more valuable than your opinion in any given litter box.

(06-27-2018, 04:57 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(06-27-2018, 03:46 PM)Kotite Wrote: It wasn't a Muslim ban...  Just don't pull up any audio of Trump saying exactly that.

0bama was our first Muslim president ("my Muslim faith".)

Tell me you don't actually believe this.

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 08:30 PM by pirkster.)

(06-28-2018, 09:43 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(06-27-2018, 04:57 PM)pirkster Wrote: 0bama was our first Muslim president ("my Muslim faith".)

Tell me you don't actually believe this.

You feel he misspoke when he talked about "my Muslim faith?"  To give you some slack here, he wasn't reading off a teleprompter and he is a rather poor speaker when not doing so.

I certainly do feel he has practiced the Muslim faith.  His father practiced, and he went to school in Indonesia for a period of time - where he was registered as of Islamic faith.  Or do you deny that as well?  Maybe you thought he was given a Christian name, or that it was just randomly chosen?

At the same time...

I do not feel he's a faithful person.  IMO, he is too narcissistic to hold anyone or anything above himself.  I believe he follows whatever favors him, just as when he followed Jeremiah Wright as a so-called "Christian."  In that regard, I don't feel he's any more Muslim than he is Christian.  He is neither (by not being faithful,) yet he is sympathetic to both for very selfish reasons.  For that reason, I don't think he's a faithful follower of either, but does identify closely with both religions.  That makes him as much Muslim as Christian.  His true religion is politics, as it is for those who also worship him.

It must have been difficult for you to recognize that the Trump Administration used 0bama's banned list, given this (of all things) you chose to have a problem with in that statement.