Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justice Kennedy to Retire

Looks like Trump will affect the landscape of the SCOTUS for decades and decades to come.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ted Cruz early front runner?

Story here: https://www.nationalreview.com/news/anth...otus-pick/
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Gotta get a confirmation before the midterms. The left's heads are going to explode. Now they will rapidly shift from separated illegal families to the Supreme Court in a matter of minutes.

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2018, 02:33 PM by pirkster.)

Someone young and good health, who decides law based on law, and not feelings or opinions that have no basis in law or it's application.

Should he have the opportunity to appoint another in addition to him, that would mean our country's Supreme Court would put us in good hands for a long, long time.  We've got about three too many radicals on there to begin with.  We need them to be replaced with a couple more moderates for the good of the country.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(06-27-2018, 02:32 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Gotta get a confirmation before the midterms. The left's heads are going to explode. Now they will rapidly shift from separated illegal families to the Supreme Court in a matter of minutes.

They've outed themselves for the radicals they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFRHX6glTSM

All they had to do was keep sane to win.  And they simply can't.  The radical left are their own worst enemy.  But for the good of the country, we're seeing their true colors.  They are no longer holding back.  Their antics will not win over normals who reject their radicalization.

Some of them should have retired long ago.
Seems like Justice Thomas is having an greater impact lately. I think he turned out to be a good choice.

(06-27-2018, 02:32 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Gotta get a confirmation before the midterms. The left's heads are going to explode. Now they will rapidly shift from separated illegal families to the Supreme Court in a matter of minutes.

I came here to say the same thing. I give it two weeks until we don't hear anything else about it.

LOL at the headline on the huffington post.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-27-2018, 02:32 PM)pirkster Wrote: Someone young and good health, who decides law based on law, and not feelings or opinions that have no basis in law or it's application.

Should he have the opportunity to appoint another in addition to him, that would mean our country's Supreme Court would put us in good hands for a long, long time.  We've got about three too many radicals on there to begin with.  We need them to be replaced with a couple more moderates for the good of the country.

I'd bet Ginsburg would've retired if Clinton won.

At 85, I'm not sure how much longer she has it in her.

How many justices did Obama get through? Asking for a friend.

(06-27-2018, 03:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How many justices did Obama get through? Asking for a friend.

Sotomayer is the only one I can think of.....
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Damn, that 2016 election win is already paying off lol. So so glad Hillary lost. Trump can get another one in, especially if he gets re-elected. If Hillary would've won, the SC would've been lost.

Today is a good day.

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2018, 04:53 PM by pirkster.)

(06-27-2018, 03:35 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(06-27-2018, 03:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How many justices did Obama get through? Asking for a friend.

Sotomayer is the only one I can think of.....

+ his other loon pick Kagan

Even though she has shown to be reasonable at times - her Janus "dissent" was pure activist opinion.

(06-27-2018, 02:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ted Cruz early front runner?

Per President Trump, Ted Cruz is not being considered, as he stated that the nominee will come from his previously published list, which does not include Cruz.

(06-27-2018, 02:48 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(06-27-2018, 02:32 PM)pirkster Wrote: Someone young and good health, who decides law based on law, and not feelings or opinions that have no basis in law or it's application.

I'd bet Ginsburg would've retired if Clinton won.

She's probably his only shot at a 3rd appointment.

(06-27-2018, 04:46 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(06-27-2018, 02:48 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I'd bet Ginsburg would've retired if Clinton won.

She's probably his only shot at a 3rd appointment.

Breyer turns 80 in August, so if Trump is re-elected there's a chance he would retire in Trump's second term.

Democrats are already working on their obstruction plans.  Remember folks, elections have consequences.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-27-2018, 05:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Democrats are already working on their obstruction plans.  Remember folks, elections have consequences.

Exactly what I texted my liberal friends..
Laughing

https://twitter.com/RandyEBarnett/status...8926287872