Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If it was 1999 again...

(07-03-2018, 09:26 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: How many games did the jags lose in 99?

By now it's pretty common knowledge that Greg Williams had stolen the Jags playbook that year. Williams shouldn't even be coaching anymore with everything he's been caught up in.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I actually believe this team has more talent especially on defense than that 99 team. It's crazy how many young players we have that have barely scratched their potential.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-04-2018, 02:00 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(07-04-2018, 05:04 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 09:26 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: How many games did the jags lose in 99?

I hear you. How many Super Bowls did the Titans choke that same year?

Yall know good and damn well that pass Frank threw was forward. The Bills got robbed, and deep down...you know it.

Nope. Even scientists said it was a lateral. Thats good enuf for me

(07-04-2018, 08:59 AM)hb1148 Wrote:

By now it's pretty common knowledge that Greg Williams had stolen the Jags playbook that year. Williams shouldn't even be coaching anymore with everything he's been caught up in.

I dont like greg williams either but the playbook claims are ridiculous.
Of course, that would explain fishers arrogance about that championship game though, him saying jax was the tacks 2nd home. Haha
[Image: incredulous.gif]

I have always wanted to throat punch Fisher ever since he said that second home comment.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(07-04-2018, 02:28 PM)Dimson Wrote: I have always wanted to throat punch Fisher ever since he said that second home comment.

I have always wanted to throat punch Fisher.

(07-04-2018, 03:50 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-04-2018, 02:28 PM)Dimson Wrote: I have always wanted to throat punch Fisher ever since he said that second home comment.

I have always wanted to throat punch Fisher.

Let's all get together and go throat punch Fisher. We can make a day out of it. With a picnic and everything!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Who thinks Wychek's was a forward pass?

I think it was forward 100%. The camera angle that always shows the throw is angled to where it looks legit.

It's almost like sitting in the passenger seat of a car and trying to see how many mph the driver is going.

Too bad back in 1999 there wasn't cameras covering the game like today's NFL. The Jags would habe beat the Rams.

(07-06-2018, 03:39 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Who thinks Wychek's was a forward pass?

I think it was forward 100%. The camera angle that always shows the throw is angled to where it looks legit.

It's almost like sitting in the passenger seat of a car and trying to see how many mph the driver is going.

Too bad back in 1999 there wasn't cameras covering the game like today's NFL. The Jags would habe beat the Rams.

Adam schefter agrees.

(07-06-2018, 05:39 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 03:39 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Who thinks Wychek's was a forward pass?

Adam schefter agrees.

The tacks had a Pats kind of year that year, one that would have made Bill Belichick proud.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

If it was 1999 again...

[Image: back-to-future-grays-sports-almanac-ipad-case-xl.jpg]

Profit!!!
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

So, you're telling me 89 isn't behind the line?

He is.

And that 87 isn't in front of the line?

He is.

The camera certainly isn't lying.

But you sure are.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2018, 01:06 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(07-06-2018, 12:48 PM)pirkster Wrote: So, you're telling me 89 isn't behind the line?

He is.

He is.

But you sure are.

Position of the ball is what matters.

The ball travelled backwards. Its quite simple really

If it were 1999 again we'd have to listen to cher's 'believe' playing nonstop on the radio. I'm glad it's not 1999

(07-06-2018, 01:04 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 12:48 PM)pirkster Wrote: So, you're telling me 89 isn't behind the line?

He is.

He is.

But you sure are.

Position of the ball is what matters.

Incorrect.  It is not position of the ball, but position of the player.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2018, 02:43 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(07-06-2018, 02:21 PM)Rico Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 01:04 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Position of the ball is what matters.

No.. it isnt
This is why this play is controversial, but the ball travelled slightly backwards, according to everyone except bills fans

(07-06-2018, 02:21 PM)Rico Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 01:04 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Position of the ball is what matters.

I think you are wrong.

But I'm not sure.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2018, 03:01 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

This is always a good watch

https://youtu.be/9BTl9p2BsXs

I really don't think the Jaguars would have beat the Rams this year. I was winning all year long making game picks that year... especially picking the Jaguars every week... and the game was not looking good on paper for the Jaguars. In particular, Marshall Faulk would have totally exploited the Jaguars only real weakness on defense at the time, and that was covering TE and RBs out of the backfield. The Jaguars lucked out with by far their easiest schedule ever, but they were no match for the Greatest Show on Turf.
'02

(07-06-2018, 03:01 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: This is always a good watch

https://youtu.be/9BTl9p2BsXs

That always makes me sad...

But this always makes me happy...

[Image: Super-Bowl-XXXIV.jpg]

(07-06-2018, 03:53 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: But this always makes me happy...

[Image: Super-Bowl-XXXIV.jpg]

In my mind, this is the single best defensive play in league history. The Jaguars still have an opportunity to win a ring before the tacks do. 
'02