Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LA-Bron now official

(07-03-2018, 01:16 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I think the lakers are just going to be grinders this season. The NBA is soft so that shouldn't be to difficult. As for the GS, outside of draemond and sometimes klay they are pretty much a finesse team. So if the lakers take the bulldog approach and grind on them i think they will give them good games this year. I think Rondo is a perfect piece for that sort of play.

Rondo/Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma/Labron would be the line i would go with to play the bad boy roll.

Lonzo Ball is awful.  Bust.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-03-2018, 06:42 PM)Rico Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 01:16 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I think the lakers are just going to be grinders this season. The NBA is soft so that shouldn't be to difficult. As for the GS, outside of draemond and sometimes klay they are pretty much a finesse team. So if the lakers take the bulldog approach and grind on them i think they will give them good games this year. I think Rondo is a perfect piece for that sort of play.

Rondo/Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma/Labron would be the line i would go with to play the bad boy roll.

Lonzo Ball is awful.  Bust.

Ill give him another year but I'm less concerned with zo as i am with lavar. That guy is a proper piece of [BLEEP]. I don't know if he will be able to keep his mouth shut the next season and will probably cause some nice rifts in the locker room.

(07-03-2018, 01:03 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 12:26 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Yuck but imagine the Celtics have an easy path in the east now.

Seems like... or the easiest path to getting an [BLEEP] stomping in the finals... I think the NBA will just have to weather this year. 

Since GS got cousins, I really don't think the league really needs to play this season. Just give everyone the year off, give them a trophy, and lets get on to 2019.

This reminds me of rec ball seasons where one team has a stacked group of kids who are up against the age barrier and just maul whoever they play.

Who knows maybe some underdog team takes the league by storm! Go magic lol
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Rumors are that the Lakers are looking into trade for John Wall and Lillard.

That would be insane.

(07-02-2018, 04:06 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: LeBron can take the Lakers to the Finals without KL.

I think they'll struggle to get into the playoffs with this current roster. It's worse than last years Cavs

I'm probably (likely) dumb on the subject. But Kawhi has one year on his contract. Why trade for him? You get one year and he's a free agent? What team does this benefit? Why mortgage your future with Golden State at their current state? You need a multi year plan. Plus he' s coming off an injury right? So he's more valuable when he becomes a free agent in the 2019 season if he plays well in 2018. So the 2018 season is basically Kawhi auditioning for the Lakers in 2019 right?

(07-04-2018, 02:17 AM)VisitingCobra Wrote: I'm probably (likely) dumb on the subject.  But Kawhi has one year on his contract.  Why trade for him?  You get one year and he's a free agent?  What team does this benefit?  Why mortgage your future with Golden State at their current state?  You need a multi year plan.  Plus he' s coming off an injury right?  So he's more valuable when he becomes a free agent in the 2019 season if he plays well in 2018.  So the 2018 season is basically Kawhi auditioning for the Lakers in 2019 right?

OK.  I think i'm off a year.  He has two years left, right? 

This is confusing.  Lebron and Magic are going to have to form a "super team" to beat GS.  But how? 

Wouldn't this pretty much require extremely good drafting the next two years, and then get a big time player such as Kawhi?

(This post was last modified: 07-04-2018, 10:10 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(07-04-2018, 02:46 AM)VisitingCobra Wrote:
(07-04-2018, 02:17 AM)VisitingCobra Wrote: I'm probably (likely) dumb on the subject.  But Kawhi has one year on his contract.  Why trade for him?  You get one year and he's a free agent?  What team does this benefit?  Why mortgage your future with Golden State at their current state?  You need a multi year plan.  Plus he' s coming off an injury right?  So he's more valuable when he becomes a free agent in the 2019 season if he plays well in 2018.  So the 2018 season is basically Kawhi auditioning for the Lakers in 2019 right?

OK.  I think i'm off a year.  He has two years left, right? 

This is confusing.  Lebron and Magic are going to have to form a "super team" to beat GS.  But how? 

Wouldn't this pretty much require extremely good drafting the next two years, and then get a big time player such as Kawhi?

Kawhi has 1 year left, BUT there are repercussions If he chooses to sit and not play and is proven to he 100% healthy.

Kawhi has received some terrible advice from his uncle and is in a bad spot. Not to mention he would be leaving a ton of money on the table since SA can offer him the supernax. At this point though, I don't seem them even offering it.

Because it could be Paul George all over again.

Get him while you can.

(07-01-2018, 08:40 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Damn iiiiiiiiit.  I hate this guy and now I have to watch him play on my team.

Lol ... the opposite for me.  I like the guy but now need to watch him play for the team that I hate.

Still can't understand why they didn't pursue 3 point shooters.  Right now, you can just pack the paint to shut them down (like Boston did against Philly).  Magic appears to be compiling a team to run the floor like the ole showtime days but in this era you need 3 point shooters to spread the floor.  Should be fun to watch ---- I was bored with watching LeBron vs Team X strategy.

(07-05-2018, 10:30 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 08:40 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Damn iiiiiiiiit.  I hate this guy and now I have to watch him play on my team.

Lol ... the opposite for me.  I like the guy but now need to watch him play for the team that I hate.

Still can't understand why they didn't pursue 3 point shooters.  Right now, you can just pack the paint to shut them down (like Boston did against Philly).  Magic appears to be compiling a team to run the floor like the ole showtime days but in this era you need 3 point shooters to spread the floor.  Should be fun to watch ---- I was bored with watching LeBron vs Team X strategy.

Lol i like LA. This year is going to be a wash anyway. I mean, is there anyone who thinks GS isn't goin to walk away with this one?

(07-02-2018, 06:32 AM)Rico Wrote: Who cares?  The NBA has become such a joke.
The cap is entirely to high in the NBA. I looked it up a few days ago. The NBA is $101 million, while the NFL is $177 million. With the roster sizes of the NBA, it should be drastically lower.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

This is delicious. He's going to go to LA, where there have been absolutely legendary players over the years... just to prove himself another really good guy among many in NBA history.

He can forget chasing Jordan. He'll never catch Kobe at this point. Or Magic, or Kareem, or West, or..
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(07-05-2018, 11:09 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 10:30 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lol ... the opposite for me.  I like the guy but now need to watch him play for the team that I hate.

Lol i like LA. This year is going to be a wash anyway. I mean, is there anyone who thinks GS isn't goin to walk away with this one?

Exactly.  Perhaps this is why the NBA off-season has recently been better than the season itself.   The NBA would have been fascinating this season if Durant would have gone back to the Thunder.  That would have made for 6+ totally legit contenders with GS, LA, Houston, OKC, Boston, Philly .... and perhaps even Toronto.