Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Training Camp

(07-09-2018, 10:02 AM)ATLjag Wrote: In training camp, I would like to see...

Donte Moncrief and DJ Chark use the incredible athleticism that they possess and become weapons,

7th rounder Leon Jacobs aggressively grab the open SAM opportunity and develop into a force,

The TE position become a bigger part of the offensive production, and

The addition of Andrew Norwell improve the OL and open some holes for Fournette and the other backs.

Training camp means very little except you want no serious injuries as was the case with Fowler his rookie season. Once the season starts, there are 3 players I'm anxious to see the most:

1. Cam Robinson- Will he develop into a potential pro-bowl left tackle?
2. Donte Moncrief- Will a change of scenery help him take the next step? Potentially he can be as good as AROB. If this happens, our other receivers should benefit greatly..
3. Seferian-Jenkins- Another very talented guy who can give the offense another weapon.

Nothing on defense other than stay healthy. The talent is incredible and I see no letdown from last season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-06-2018, 09:34 PM)copycat Wrote: 12 days until rookies report.  19 until veteran's report.  

While this has been the shortest off season in some time, due the the enthusiasm it has been one of the longest.  I am so stoked for this season!  With that said, what are your expectations in camp?  What position/player are you looking at?  What hopes?  Expectations?

As for me, biased as I may be, I am looking forward to seeing if Blair Brown can become the player I think he can be.  Also looking forward to seeing how much BB5 has grown this off season.  After the playoff run his confidence should be through the roof!

What say you?

I am in the same boat as you. Curious to see how well Blair Brown adjusts to his new role. And hoping to see Bortles carry that momentum over from last year as well. I'll also be taking a good look at Cann and his competitors for the starting gig at Guard opposite of Norwell. And then finally ASJ at TE and the rest of that group.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 06:03 PM by pirkster.)

(07-07-2018, 12:16 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Excited about the new era Titans starting their domination of the league.

I love how sometimes your signature is really the only fitting response.

[Image: incredulous.gif]
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(07-06-2018, 09:34 PM)copycat Wrote: 12 days until rookies report.  19 until veteran's report.  

While this has been the shortest off season in some time, due the the enthusiasm it has been one of the longest.  I am so stoked for this season!  With that said, what are your expectations in camp?  What position/player are you looking at?  What hopes?  Expectations?

As for me, biased as I may be, I am looking forward to seeing if Blair Brown can become the player I think he can be.  Also looking forward to seeing how much BB5 has grown this off season.  After the playoff run his confidence should be through the roof!

What say you?

As with all exhibition/practice events, the biggest hope is to get through them without significant injury.

I want to see some of the new receivers develop a bond with Blake. I always love to watch those UDFA guys fight their way onto the roster.

Your shameless homerism is noted.  I too want to see Blair develop, I know last year he made some costly penalties, and those have to stop if he wants to stay on the field.

It's been quite a while since I've been to a Jags Training Camp. Do they serve alcohol there?

(07-06-2018, 10:11 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I said he needs to approximate Willie Gault.

Love this reference even though less than %10 percent of board members (prior to googling) will get it.

(07-10-2018, 08:19 AM)Mikey Wrote:

What say you?

As with all exhibition/practice events, the biggest hope is to get through them without significant injury.

I want to see some of the new receivers develop a bond with Blake. I always love to watch those UDFA guys fight their way onto the roster.

Your shameless homerism is noted.  I too want to see Blair develop, I know last year he made some costly penalties, and those have to stop if he wants to stay on the field.

LOL  At least I am honest about it.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

ROOKIES REPORT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2018, 07:34 AM by Bullseye.)

(07-10-2018, 11:15 AM)cland Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 10:11 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I said he needs to approximate Willie Gault.

Love this reference even though less than %10 percent of board members (prior to googling) will get it.

D'oh!  I gotta remember that posters are not old guys like me.

Note to self:  Modernize your references.

To use a  more contemporary example...Torrey Smith. i.e. a guy who does most of his damage outside on go routes and outs, as opposed to a guy like T.O. who was equally adept on go routes and crossing routes over the middle.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I remember fondly listening to Armed Forces Radio in Italy during the Bears SB run, them being down and lifeless. Suddenly Willie Gault takes a kickoff 99 yards for the TD. Don't recall whom they were playing just that return. It became a rally cry for us when things weren't going as planned. "Don't worry Willie Gault's gonna take it 99 yards"

(07-17-2018, 07:48 AM)copycat Wrote: I remember fondly listening to Armed Forces Radio in Italy during the Bears SB run, them being down and lifeless.  Suddenly Willie Gault takes a kickoff 99 yards for the TD.  Don't recall whom they were playing just that return.  It became a rally cry for us when things weren't going as planned.  "Don't worry Willie Gault's gonna take it 99 yards"

It would be sweet if Chark engendered that sort of faith for us.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-17-2018, 07:48 AM)copycat Wrote: I remember fondly listening to Armed Forces Radio in Italy during the Bears SB run, them being down and lifeless.  Suddenly Willie Gault takes a kickoff 99 yards for the TD.  Don't recall whom they were playing just that return.  It became a rally cry for us when things weren't going as planned.  "Don't worry Willie Gault's gonna take it 99 yards"

I thought the name Gault sounded familiar.... pretty sure he was a stud in the original Tecmo Bowl.

DJ CHARK

Height - 6'4"
40 time - 4.34
40" vertical jump !!

suck [BLEEP] QB's in college

This is the dude that I'll be watching !!!

Anyone else feel like it's Christmas morning a little bit?

Or at least like Halloween or something.

[rookies] Camp is here!

(07-18-2018, 08:56 AM)Kane Wrote: Anyone else feel like it's Christmas morning a little bit?

Or at least like Halloween or something.

[rookies] Camp is here!

I've been giddy all week!  WooHoo!