Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump picks Brett Kavanaugh as his 2nd SCOTUS nominee

(07-10-2018, 02:20 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 01:46 PM)pirkster Wrote: Like I said, leftist have a problem for every real solution.

Huh?

You're manufacturing pretend issues that have absolutely nothing to do with Kavanaugh, yet conflating the two in a very illogical way.

Contraception is extremely accessible, and is also extremely affordable.  There is no contraceptive "problem" in our country. 

Nor is Kavanaugh a problematic selection.  Which has absolutely nothing to do with the very accessible, very affordable contraception our country offers.

I had no idea why you guys were planting this nonsense in this thread, because there's no connection.  Then I read what the hive mind has been regurgitating on social media...

Nice try, but no cigar.  With the left, there's always a play.  A deception.  Never straight talk.  There's no contraception "problem," there's no Kavanaugh "problem," and there's no connection between the two.  But the deceitful would like you to believe otherwise.  Because without outrage, there's no passion.  Without no passion, there's no manufactured "resistance."

So, for the ruse to work... we must deceive folks into believing this is a meaningful "issue" and that the latest Supreme Court selection has made the "issue" of paramount importance.

Pass.  It's just another rabbit hole with nothing to find, and with no end.  Insanity.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-10-2018, 09:12 AM)pirkster Wrote: This is why the left is freaked out about it:

https://twitter.com/AlexPappas/status/10...3657844736

It's who they are.

It's always good to have the attack tweets pre-loaded so that they're ready to go as soon as the announcement is made...or even before that.  

The senate democrats did the same thing.

The best part is that the protesters were prepared with 4 different professionally printed signs opposing any of the top 4 that were rumored to be under consideration.  So, basically, their Trump hate created a lot of wasted work for some print shop.  MAGA.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Trump is trolling Hillary. Kavanaugh is red meat for the rabid unhinged lefties to tear apart. But they won't like what they find when they start digging, and I'm pretty sure Trump knows this.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2018, 07:30 PM by mikesez.)

(07-10-2018, 03:46 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 02:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: Huh?

You're manufacturing pretend issues that have absolutely nothing to do with Kavanaugh, yet conflating the two in a very illogical way.

Contraception is extremely accessible, and is also extremely affordable.  There is no contraceptive "problem" in our country. 

Nor is Kavanaugh a problematic selection.  Which has absolutely nothing to do with the very accessible, very affordable contraception our country offers.

I had no idea why you guys were planting this nonsense in this thread, because there's no connection.  Then I read what the hive mind has been regurgitating on social media...

Nice try, but no cigar.  With the left, there's always a play.  A deception.  Never straight talk.  There's no contraception "problem," there's no Kavanaugh "problem," and there's no connection between the two.  But the deceitful would like you to believe otherwise.  Because without outrage, there's no passion.  Without no passion, there's no manufactured "resistance."

So, for the ruse to work... we must deceive folks into believing this is a meaningful "issue" and that the latest Supreme Court selection has made the "issue" of paramount importance.

Pass.  It's just another rabbit hole with nothing to find, and with no end.  Insanity.

I've seen stuff on social media too.  
I've seen right leaning people looking at that comment Kavanaugh wrote about contraception and saying that he's going to infringe on religious liberty.  
I've seen left leaning people look at the same comment and say that he's going to prevent people from getting contraception.
I think you read some stuff you disagree with on other websites, and your mind is blending that with what I said.
I said nothing, absolutely nothing, negative about Kavanaugh.  The opposite in fact.  Please go back and re-read.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Forget all the noise, this was Kavanaugh's ticket to the SCOTUS.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-10-2018, 07:46 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Forget all the noise, this was Kavanaugh's ticket to the SCOTUS.

Kavanaugh is suggesting policies that Congress should enact. He's very clear in your link that these should not be policy changes and not judges' decisions. If his opinion is the "ticket" then that means Trump prefers laws and policy to be made by Congress, not by SCOTUS.

And I agree.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

There are things I like about Kavanaugh, there are things that concern me, and there's one thing in particular that I'm really not happy with his stance on.

So, basically, he's as good a pick as any. I mean, if it was him or an unqualified far-righter from Chicago with a judicial record as thick as the Wild Adventures pamphlets you find at Motel 6, I'd take Kavanaugh in a heartbeat.

(07-10-2018, 08:25 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 07:46 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Forget all the noise, this was Kavanaugh's ticket to the SCOTUS.

Kavanaugh is suggesting policies that Congress should enact. He's very clear in your link that these should not be policy changes and not judges' decisions. If his opinion is the "ticket" then that means Trump prefers laws and policy to be made by Congress, not by SCOTUS.

And I agree.

Go on, keep telling yourself Trump's choice was on that level. Do you guys actually pay attention to Trump when he talks?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2018, 10:18 PM by homebiscuit.)

So one lone junior SCOTUS judge can somehow shield Donald Trump from civil and criminal prosecution?

How does that work?

(07-10-2018, 10:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: So one lone junior SCOTUS judge can somehow shield Donald Trump from civil and criminal prosecution?

How does that work?

If Donald Trump is indicted, files suit to block it and four other justices agree with him, it works very well.

(07-10-2018, 11:25 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 10:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: So one lone junior SCOTUS judge can somehow shield Donald Trump from civil and criminal prosecution?

How does that work?

If Donald Trump is indicted, files suit to block it and four other justices agree with him, it works very well.

Oh, hyperbole. Never mind.

(07-11-2018, 06:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 11:25 PM)TJBender Wrote: If Donald Trump is indicted, files suit to block it and four other justices agree with him, it works very well.

Oh, hyperbole. Never mind.

SOP
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-10-2018, 10:04 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 08:25 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Kavanaugh is suggesting policies that Congress should enact. He's very clear in your link that these should not be policy changes and not judges' decisions. If his opinion is the "ticket" then that means Trump prefers laws and policy to be made by Congress, not by SCOTUS.

And I agree.

Go on, keep telling yourself Trump's choice was on that level. Do you guys actually pay attention to Trump when he talks?

You were the one claiming that the choice was even made by Trump, and that it was (presumably, based on your link) because Kavanaugh once expressed a belief that the POTUS should be immune from prosecution while in office. You're delving into the depths of birther and truther territory here.

I was pointing out that, if you actually read the link, Kavanaugh was not claiming that this was part of the Constitution, but something that needed to be passed by congress first, the implication being that Kavanaugh would not rule in the POTUS' favor under current law.

As far as the choice, my guess is that Trump asked for advice from someone else and signed off on the choice, which is typically what every leader does. The "list" of strict constructionist judges from which Kavanaugh was picked was obviously not created by Trump.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Oh dear, he made a Supreme Court selection that upholds the Constitution.

That's precisely what any President should do.  IF that President believes in our Constitution and the separation of powers it dictates.

(07-10-2018, 11:25 PM)TJBender Wrote:

How does that work?

The idea that he would be indicted, which at this point is an incredible stretch of the imagination, while in office is a clearly settled one.

He can't be.

It's been clearly illustrated in 1973 and clarified/upheld again in 2000.

https://biotech.law.lsu.edu/blaw/olc/sit...sident.htm

Still, it's a moot point, as there's no reason for indictment of any kind.  He can't be indicted for not being liked.

(07-10-2018, 04:24 PM)FBT Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 09:12 AM)pirkster Wrote: This is why the left is freaked out about it:

https://twitter.com/AlexPappas/status/10...3657844736

It's who they are.

It's always good to have the attack tweets pre-loaded so that they're ready to go as soon as the announcement is made...or even before that.  

The senate democrats did the same thing.

The best part is that the protesters were prepared with 4 different professionally printed signs opposing any of the top 4 that were rumored to be under consideration.  So, basically, their Trump hate created a lot of wasted work for some print shop.  MAGA.

It's also worth noting that there were no leaks, absolutely none - leading up to the announcement.  And, he was completely transparent about who was on the list, keeping his word and sticking to the list he made prior to becoming President.  It honestly enrages the left when he keeps his word.

Also notable that the MSM was at it again... spreading untrue stores about a "Kennedy agreement."  I'm sure the usual suspect(s) will try to deny that happened again, again.  The media are weaponized against this President.  They fully admit as much and it's been very open.  Which, makes his winning all that more delicious - when a one man army can defeat attempts of fascism by the bigger, well-established machine.

At least we know he's honest and not out to make money.......

“Brett Kavanaugh May Become the ‘Poorest’ Supreme Court Justice … At least six — and perhaps as many as all eight…” They’re not counting Kennedy since he’s retired. “At least six — and perhaps as many as all eight — U.S. Supreme Court justices are worth at least $1 million, according to the Center for Public Integrity.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/...es-honest/
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

(07-10-2018, 02:20 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Condoms are readily available and free in high schools. Just have to hope that today's brain dead youth would utilize them.

True, but since the female has to carry the burden of carrying the baby and making tough decisions, it would be nice if the Pill was just as easily accessible and very affordable.

I just remember how reluctant I was to use a condom so i'm not expecting the majority of HS or college kids to be that responsible either.  Heck, I grew up in the aids era (1980s & 1990s) so condoms were much more publicized and marketed than they are now.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2018, 11:13 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-11-2018, 11:00 AM)The Drifter Wrote: At least we know he's honest and not out to make money.......

“Brett Kavanaugh May Become the ‘Poorest’ Supreme Court Justice … At least six — and perhaps as many as all eight…” They’re not counting Kennedy since he’s retired. “At least six — and perhaps as many as all eight — U.S. Supreme Court justices are worth at least $1 million, according to the Center for Public Integrity.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/...es-honest/

Lol ... the dude went to Yale and and is a 53 year old Attorney and my net worth is 2x that of his.   How do ya like them apples !!!

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2018, 11:24 AM by pirkster.)

The home is the key.  A large portion of most folks' net worth is their home equity.

So, say he's following the Dave Ramsey plan, stopped contributing to his K, and has a 1-2M home (this is the heavily bloated federal money DC area/MD after all) that he has just finished paying for.

That changes the equation big time.  Or, OTOH, say he's taken out equity to put a kid or kids through overpriced schools and doesn't have much equity - oof.  That would be the other side of the coin.  Heavy debt like that may also explain the lack of equity - which would place him alongside most "normal" folks who carry debt.