Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump picks Brett Kavanaugh as his 2nd SCOTUS nominee

I’m a little amazed that a political ideology would base its confirmation criteria for a SCOTUS judge on the ability to separate a fetus from its mother.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Confirmation criteria should be solely based on what is demanded of the job - which is the interpretation and application of the law, particularly the Supreme Law of the Land (for those who were taught and know what that is. If you haven't heard of it and/or weren't taught what that is, now's the time to look it up.)

It will be interesting to see which questions have nothing to do with that criteria, and who those questions come from. That information will be more telling than even those impertinent questions and answers. Also telling will be the value placed on that irrelevant information.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

https://twitter.com/TheRacineTimes/statu...4019943425

(07-11-2018, 12:14 PM)pirkster Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheRacineTimes/statu...4019943425

I don't buy it but if it's true... I just lost all respect for Brett Farve.  Seriously.  Are liberals now judging people based on their given name?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I gotta think it's satire, but that fact that it really is believable speaks volumes about our society.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It's just a joke. But yes, a so-called "progressive" group named NARAL referred to him as "some frat boy named Brett." Always rich with the facts and content, those "progressive" groups.

(07-10-2018, 11:05 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 10:54 AM)pirkster Wrote: I always baffled by those who believe "access" and affordable/free contraceptives aren't readily available.

They already are.  And have been.  For a long, long time.

Yet we pretend somehow "access" is blocked and are financially beyond reach.

Makes zero sense.  Do we just regurgitate the talking points as if they have any meaning any longer?  For most, it's absolutely free and has been (for a long, long time.)

There's no secret handshake, back alley black market, or second mortgage to leverage to obtain.

It's all readily available and easy to access.

Question:  Where does a 16 year old 11th grader currently going to Sandalwood HS get her free contraceptives on a routine basis so she doesn't miss taking it for a day?

I honestly don't know so I picked out a random school and a scenario in which it would apply.  I understand this example is below the age of consent but I think they should be readily available (and free) to anyone that is sexually active (to prevent subsequent abortions).
I'm not sure about Duval County, but in NWFL Escambia county there are bags of free condoms at the health dept. No questions asked. Walk up, grab a handful and walk out. Assorted shapes, sizes and colors and flavors and whatever else....

FREE condoms.

Now... as for the pill and all that other stuff... I dunno.
But free condoms should be good enough for a minor trying to have more fun than they need to lol

(07-11-2018, 11:02 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 02:20 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Condoms are readily available and free in high schools. Just have to hope that today's brain dead youth would utilize them.

True, but since the female has to carry the burden of carrying the baby and making tough decisions, it would be nice if the Pill was just as easily accessible and very affordable.

I just remember how reluctant I was to use a condom so i'm not expecting the majority of HS or college kids to be that responsible either.  Heck, I grew up in the aids era (1980s & 1990s) so condoms were much more publicized and marketed than they are now.

....You would think since a female has to carry that burden she'd be a little more responsible with what she slides up in her??
A woman is just a responsible for making sure safe sex measures are taken as the male no matter which method of protection is used in my opinion.

I wasn't reluctant to use condoms when I was younger... I was lazy... and stupid... and didn't listen to people older and smarter than me.
If this generation can't learn from that then they should learn the hard way.
Although statistics point to fewer young people getting pregnant and having babies... so either they figured it out or they all stopped doing it in general.

(07-11-2018, 02:22 PM)Kane Wrote: Although statistics point to fewer young people getting pregnant and having babies... so either they figured it out or they all stopped doing it in general.

They figured it out all right.  Going lesbian and the utilization of toys vs the real thing.  Chicks are practically making us useless and extinct !!!

(07-11-2018, 02:15 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 11:05 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Question:  Where does a 16 year old 11th grader currently going to Sandalwood HS get her free contraceptives on a routine basis so she doesn't miss taking it for a day?

I honestly don't know so I picked out a random school and a scenario in which it would apply.  I understand this example is below the age of consent but I think they should be readily available (and free) to anyone that is sexually active (to prevent subsequent abortions).
I'm not sure about Duval County, but in NWFL Escambia county there are bags of free condoms at the health dept. No questions asked. Walk up, grab a handful and walk out. Assorted shapes, sizes and colors and flavors and whatever else....

FREE condoms.

But free condoms should be good enough for a minor trying to have more fun than they need to lol

I didn't know where the health department was near me until about five years ago when I happened to notice as I drove past one in Orlando. I'm pretty sure its hours are not regular.  I still don't know where any in Duval county would be even though I spent 18 years of my life there. 
Also, condoms are much less effective than the pill.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2018, 06:13 PM by MalabarJag.)

(07-11-2018, 03:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 02:15 PM)Kane Wrote: I'm not sure about Duval County, but in NWFL Escambia county there are bags of free condoms at the health dept. No questions asked. Walk up, grab a handful and walk out. Assorted shapes, sizes and colors and flavors and whatever else....

FREE condoms.

I didn't know where the health department was near me until about five years ago when I happened to notice as I drove past one in Orlando. I'm pretty sure its hours are not regular.  I still don't know where any in Duval county would be even though I spent 18 years of my life there. 

Neither are effective if one doesn't use them. 

(07-11-2018, 02:22 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 11:02 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: True, but since the female has to carry the burden of carrying the baby and making tough decisions, it would be nice if the Pill was just as easily accessible and very affordable.

I just remember how reluctant I was to use a condom so i'm not expecting the majority of HS or college kids to be that responsible either.  Heck, I grew up in the aids era (1980s & 1990s) so condoms were much more publicized and marketed than they are now.

....You would think since a female has to carry that burden she'd be a little more responsible with what she slides up in her??
A woman is just a responsible for making sure safe sex measures are taken as the male no matter which method of protection is used in my opinion.

I wasn't reluctant to use condoms when I was younger... I was lazy... and stupid... and didn't listen to people older and smarter than me.
If this generation can't learn from that then they should learn the hard way.
Although statistics point to fewer young people getting pregnant and having babies... so either they figured it out or they all stopped doing it in general.

Before the pill, if a girl got pregnant the guy married her at gunpoint. The pill shifted the burden of responsibility to the woman in the eyes of society, unfairly or not.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(07-11-2018, 11:51 AM)pirkster Wrote: Confirmation criteria should be solely based on what is demanded of the job - which is the interpretation and application of the law, particularly the Supreme Law of the Land (for those who were taught and know what that is.  If you haven't heard of it and/or weren't taught what that is, now's the time to look it up.)

It will be interesting to see which questions have nothing to do with that criteria, and who those questions come from.  That information will be more telling than even those impertinent questions and answers.  Also telling will be the value placed on that irrelevant information.

...and like clockwork, the loony left is has dug up...

...<ghasp> he puts baseball tickets on credit cards, liked keg parties in college, and he pays his debts.

As if contradeception wasn't enough of a sideshow...

(07-11-2018, 11:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m a little amazed that a political ideology would base its confirmation criteria for a SCOTUS judge on the ability to separate a fetus from its mother.

Or to prevent it.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018, 01:47 PM by pirkster.)

[Image: quote-frankly-i-had-thought-that-at-the-...8-0823.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018, 01:54 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Ginsberg on left  ~ 60 years ago (??) -- not too shabby

[Image: 1*ftV3_Rs7NgJn3VglxdJYvA.jpeg]

(07-12-2018, 01:04 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 11:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m a little amazed that a political ideology would base its confirmation criteria for a SCOTUS judge on the ability to separate a fetus from its mother.

Or to prevent it.

Well, murder is against our core values after all.

(07-11-2018, 03:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 02:15 PM)Kane Wrote: I'm not sure about Duval County, but in NWFL Escambia county there are bags of free condoms at the health dept. No questions asked. Walk up, grab a handful and walk out. Assorted shapes, sizes and colors and flavors and whatever else....

FREE condoms.

In fairness, kids today appear to be much more familiar with the mystical "Google Maps" than you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Not sure how I could back her if she wanted to control populations my race was a part of.

I suppose if there's no soul to sell...

(07-12-2018, 01:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 01:04 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Or to prevent it.

Well, murder is against our core values after all.
 Abortion isn't murder.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-13-2018, 10:13 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 01:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well, murder is against our core values after all.
 Abortion isn't murder.

That's not what science says.  But then, science is just a clump of words/data anyway.

(07-13-2018, 10:13 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 01:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well, murder is against our core values after all.
 Abortion isn't murder.

Because an unborn child isn't a human being (or a "person")? 

That's what the ruling class said about blacks two centuries ago too.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"