Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shady McCoy accused of all sorts of mayhem

If any of this is true, it's not good.

There are some allegations that this girl is just nuts, and he was trying to have her removed from his house, and she's making all this stuff up. That's a pretty extensive effort to sully his reputation, and a risky game if she's lying.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Somebody beat the hell out of her. If it is proven it was him he is done.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

With how image conscious the League is right now, that photo alone is going to get him 4 games off. He could prove he was in another state and they're going to sit him down.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

They better hope Josh Allen turns into the QB they think he is because that offense looks bad, add in Shady being suspended then you're talking about one of the worst, if not the worst in the NFL

From what I have seen in the current news it doesn't look good for him.  Even if it wasn't him that laid hands on her it sure sounds like it was possibly someone associated with him.

On the other hand, she should have left when given her eviction notice.  That doesn't mean she deserved to be assaulted, but she did put herself in that situation (from what I gather).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

No McCoy = no first downs at all.

I'm still trying to figure out why she's in his house, and why he has to have her "evicted"? Did he rent her the house for $0 a month? What kind of arrangement is this?

(07-11-2018, 09:46 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out why she's in his house, and why he has to have her "evicted"?  Did he rent her the house for $0 a month?  What kind of arrangement is this?

They stayed there together when they were together, then they split up and Shady wanted her out but most states have an established residence law where once you live somewhere long enough, no matter who owns what, you must be evicted (owner must pay court to force you out via notice, then later police)

It's pretty standard actually.
If you live with your parents at age 18 and they want you out and you receive mail and have established residence (x amount of days) even your parents would have to file an eviction.

So if he did this, he's an idiot... cuz a couple hundred bucks and a few months of patience and she'd been out

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018, 04:40 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

[Image: 5Q37.gif]

(07-12-2018, 03:32 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 09:46 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out why she's in his house, and why he has to have her "evicted"?  Did he rent her the house for $0 a month?  What kind of arrangement is this?

They stayed there together when they were together, then they split up and Shady wanted her out but most states have an established residence law where once you live somewhere long enough, no matter who owns what, you must be evicted (owner must pay court to force you out via notice, then later police)

If you live with your parents at age 18 and they want you out and you receive mail and have established residence (x amount of days) even your parents would have to file an eviction.

So if he did this, he's an idiot... cuz a couple hundred bucks and a few months of patience and she'd been out

This is absolutely correct.  

The amount of notice you must give to evict someone depends on a few different factors.  Often the amount of notice corresponds with the frequency of the rent paid.  In other words, if you collect rent from a tenant on a monthly basis, you must give a month's notice to vacate, and even then, that is just the beginning of the process.

In the absence of a formal written lease, the default is thirty days, unless there is some evidence to show some other arrangements to pay rent more frequently.

Based on what I read about this, there likely is no formal written rental agreement between the two.  The relationship went South and he did what many similarly situated people do and just kicked her out.

However, based upon what few facts of this case that have been made public, I am more inclined to believe the allegations against McCoy than I am the allegations against Dareus.

But to my knowledge no formal charges have been filed against McCoy, nor has he been convicted of s crime in conjunction with these allegations.  Accordingly he is entitled to the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018, 07:12 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(07-12-2018, 05:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 03:32 PM)Kane Wrote: They stayed there together when they were together, then they split up and Shady wanted her out but most states have an established residence law where once you live somewhere long enough, no matter who owns what, you must be evicted (owner must pay court to force you out via notice, then later police)

This is absolutely correct.  

The amount of notice you must give to evict someone depends on a few different factors.  Often the amount of notice corresponds with the frequency of the rent paid.  In other words, if you collect rent from a tenant on a monthly basis, you must give a month's notice to vacate, and even then, that is just the beginning of the process.

In the absence of a formal written lease, the default is thirty days, unless there is some evidence to show some other arrangements to pay rent more frequently.

Based on what I read about this, there likely is no formal written rental agreement between the two.  The relationship went South and he did what many similarly situated people do and just kicked her out.

However, based upon what few facts of this case that have been made public, I am more inclined to believe the allegations against McCoy than I am the allegations against Dareus.

But to my knowledge no formal charges have been filed against McCoy, nor has he been convicted of s crime in conjunction with these allegations.  Accordingly he is entitled to the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise.

The moment you allow someone to live in your house, you have to get them formally evicted if they wont leave on their own. McCoy would've had to meet with someone in the court system granting the evicted person 7 days to contest the allegations. If the judge disagrees with the eviction process, it likely goes nowhere and the person stays there until the contract is broken or expired. If the judge grants the eviction, then they usually assign a deadline. From my experience, it's usually 30-60 days unless there are extenuating circumstances. 

I broke it down without using legal jargon, but when you look at the process, it usually intimidates the person into just dealing with the situation in other ways. It's no wonder McCoy chose not to get her evicted. It's usually a long process that requires a lot of attention. This is, at least, how it's done in Georgia where it happened. Definitely seems like motive for her getting attacked.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2018, 06:15 AM by Bullseye.)

JagNGeorgia

(07-12-2018, 05:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote: This is absolutely correct.  

Quote:The moment you allow someone to live in your house, you have to get them formally evicted if they wont leave on their own. McCoy would've had to meet with someone in the court system granting the evicted person 7 days to contest the allegations. If the judge disagrees with the eviction process, it likely goes nowhere and the person stays there until the contract is broken or expired. If the judge grants the eviction, then they usually assign a deadline. From my experience, it's usually 30-60 days unless there are extenuating circumstances. 

I broke it down without using legal jargon, but when you look at the process, it usually intimidates the person into just dealing with the situation in other ways. It's no wonder McCoy chose not to get her evicted. It's usually a long process that requires a lot of attention. This is, at least, how it's done in Georgia where it happened. Definitely seems like motive for her getting attacked.

I cannot speak for landlord tenant law in Georgia, but it is a prolonged process here in Florida as well.

The law and formal legal proceedings understandably intimidate most people generally.

I think the eviction process intimidates the landlord who:

1.  actually knows the law and the required steps to successfully evict someone;

2.  doesn't believe he could exploit the ignorant tenant by circumventing those laws.

I believe in most cases like the McCoy one here, either one or both the landlord and tenant are ignorant of the law and will not consult an attorney.  In these instances, landlords will do things like suddenly change locks or cut off utilities to force the unwanted tenant off of the premises.  The ignorant tenant, in many instances without the informational or economic wherewithal to obtain legal counsel or at least get a consultation, will just go ahead and move.

Whether her refusal to leave the premises on his timeline, is, standing alone, motive for him to orchestrate an physical battery upon her person, is unclear.

But no matter how you look at it, it is an ugly and unfortunate situation for all parties involved.

Great explanations.  I just wonder why these details seem to be mostly absent in the reporting.  Seems pretty important to me.  

Just like the idea of getting a defense attorney without even being charged with a crime...

One scenario is McCoy started as the victim, and in a misguided retaliation made this woman a bigger victim.

But I question the idea of being able to prove he did anything.  Unless he was being recorded in the act, I can't really see it.  Even if they caught the perpetrators, and they ratted him out, why would you believe them?  And how could you prove McCoy had any control over their actions?

It's pretty bizarre.  Can the NFL even suspend him?  Will the Bills want him to play?  This is going to be weird.

(07-13-2018, 01:40 AM)VisitingCobra Wrote: Great explanations.  I just wonder why these details seem to be mostly absent in the reporting.  Seems pretty important to me.  

Just like the idea of getting a defense attorney without even being charged with a crime...

One scenario is McCoy started as the victim, and in a misguided retaliation made this woman a bigger victim.

But I question the idea of being able to prove he did anything.  Unless he was being recorded in the act, I can't really see it.  Even if they caught the perpetrators, and they ratted him out, why would you believe them?  And how could you prove McCoy had any control over their actions?

It's pretty bizarre.  Can the NFL even suspend him?  Will the Bills want him to play?  This is going to be weird.

People don't care about facts and details, they care about drama and gossip.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2018, 10:27 AM by Bullseye.)

(07-13-2018, 07:09 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 01:40 AM)VisitingCobra Wrote: Great explanations.  I just wonder why these details seem to be mostly absent in the reporting.  Seems pretty important to me.  

People don't care about facts and details, they care about drama and gossip.

Queue Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry"...

I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something
Something I can use
People love it when you lose
They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor
But I wound up here
I just have to look good
I don't have to be clear
Come and whisper in my ear
Give us dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em all around

We got the bubble headed
Bleached blonde
Comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash
With a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die
Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation
Is the head dead yet
You know the boys in the newsroom
Got a running bet
Get the widow on the set
We need dirty laundry

[Instrumental Interlude]

You don't really need to find out
What's going on
You don't really want to know
Just how far it's gone
Just leave well enough alone
Eat your dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're stiff
Kick 'em all around

(Kick 'em when they're up)
(Kick 'em when they're down)

(Kick 'em when they're stiff)
(Kick 'em all around)

Dirty little secrets
Dirty little lies
We got our dirty little fingers
In everybody's pie
We love to cut you down to size
We love dirty laundry

We can do the Innuendo
We can dance and sing
When it's said and done
We haven't told you a thing
We all know that Crap is King
Give us dirty laundry

(07-13-2018, 08:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-set-me-up

So, McCoy calls the police on July 3 to say, basically, that he's worried she'll fabricate something against him. Then two weeks later, she's beaten (seems personal) and jewelry she says was specifically given to her by McCoy was taken. And all of this happened in the one spot where they don't have cameras?

I think it's reasonable to say he had more to do with this than he's letting on.

(07-13-2018, 04:54 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 08:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-set-me-up

So, McCoy calls the police on July 3 to say, basically, that he's worried she'll fabricate something against him. Then two weeks later, she's beaten (seems personal) and jewelry she says was specifically given to her by McCoy was taken. And all of this happened in the one spot where they don't have cameras?

I think it's reasonable to say he had more to do with this than he's letting on.

That was 2017.

He did have an eviction hearing the morning after the attack though. Which doesn't make much since to do anything like this, but who knows.

It could have been him setting it up or her setting it up.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk