Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL 2018-2019 PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD ***

CALLUM HUDSON-ODOI!!! This kid is monster. He has had a great preseason but he was all over the place last night vs arsenal. I know he has been great for Chelsea and England youth squads, but this kid looks ready for first team action. Can't believe he is only 17. Chelsea better not loan this kid out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-02-2018, 04:57 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: CALLUM HUDSON-ODOI!!! This kid is monster. He has had a great preseason but he was all over the place last night vs arsenal. I know he has been great for Chelsea and England youth squads, but this kid looks ready for first team action. Can't believe he is only 17. Chelsea better not loan this kid out.

Pretty much a foregone conclusion, I'm afraid.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(08-02-2018, 03:07 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Pretty much a foregone conclusion, I'm afraid.

I'm holding out hope. I think he will make a great rotational guy for Hazard. I didn't want to see us loan out RLC either but I think that may happen. It is really frustrating to see talented youth get passed over at chlesea time and time again. 

One thing that has been refreshing to watch is the meltdown of "the special 1" Jose Mourinho. He has been throwing some jabs this offseason. I understand parts of his frustration but some of the lashing out he has done towards Martial was just wrong. Fining him for missing parts of the pre season because of the birth of his child and then going public to put him on blast was just stupid IMO. That is not mentioning the fact that jose has made martial a fridge player since signing Sanchez last season. Happy that trash bag is not at Chelsea any longer.

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2018, 06:58 AM by ColoJag.)

Nothing to do with the PL at all but I bought a Sparta Prague jersey yesterday

Convince an Administrator on the board that "The Other Pro Football Leagues" forum should be changed to the "English Soccer Leagues" forum, then pin the ***Official Premier League*** thread on top.

Nobody has posted in that forum in a month, take it over.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2018, 06:24 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-16-2018, 04:27 PM)PF* Wrote: Convince an Administrator on the board that "The Other Pro Football Leagues" forum should be changed to the "English Soccer  Leagues" forum, then pin the ***Official Premier League*** thread on top.

Nobody has posted in that forum in a month, take it over.

Good idea but this is 2018 so I think we need to change that forum to "Emotions" - a place where we can express our feelings.   Lol

(08-08-2018, 06:58 AM)ColoJag Wrote: Nothing to do with the PL at all but I bought a Sparta Prague jersey yesterday

Which jersey did you get.  They all look pretty cool but there was a number of versions when i pulled it up on google images

is this it?
[Image: sparta_prague_17_18_nike_home_kit.jpg]

Yessss that's it!! Also bought a Rapid Wein jersey and a FC Zurich jersey!

Nice !!! Love it !!

Standings

[BLEEP] Team P W D L +/- PTS
1 Liverpool FC Liverpool 3 3 0 0 +7 9
2 Chelsea FC Chelsea 3 3 0 0 +5 9
3 Watford FC Watford 3 3 0 0 +5 9
4 Manchester City FC Manchester City 3 2 1 0 +7 7
5 AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth 3 2 1 0 +3 7
6 Tottenham Hotspur FC Tottenham Hotspur 2 2 0 0 +3 6
7 Leicester City FC Leicester City 3 2 0 1 +2 6
8 Everton FC Everton 3 1 2 0 +1 5
9 Manchester United FC Manchester United 2 1 0 1 0 3
10 Arsenal FC Arsenal 3 1 0 2 -1 3
11 Crystal Palace FC Crystal Palace 3 1 0 2 -1 3
12 Fulham FC Fulham 3 1 0 2 -2 3
13 Brighton & Hove Albion FC Brighton & Hove Albion 3 1 0 2 -2 3
14 Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Wolverhampton Wanderers 3 0 2 1 -2 2
15 Cardiff City FC Cardiff City 3 0 2 1 -2 2
16 Newcastle United FC Newcastle United 3 0 1 2 -2 1
17 Southampton FC Southampton 3 0 1 2 -2 1
18 Burnley FC Burnley 3 0 1 2 -4 1
19 Huddersfield Town FC Huddersfield Town 3 0 1 2 -8 1
20 West Ham United FC West Ham United 3 0 0 3 -7 0

Watford is on a roll. Took down manu and Tottenham already.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 09:40 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-05-2018, 01:54 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Watford is on a roll. Took down manu and Tottenham already.

No kidding.  I was waiting for their bubble to burst vs Tottenham but it never happened.  Kind of crazy because on Goal Zone they noted that Watford has done everything possible (with regard to the transfer market) to be at the lower tier of the teams facing relegation.  They've only spent ~ 20 million pounds and conversely received ~ 45 million pounds in player loans.

Re: Fulham - I would have been happy with a 2-2 tie @ Brighton but after blowing a 2-0 lead the tie ended up being extremely disappointing.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 10:45 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Re: Bournemouth - Good start to the season and the 1st half (0-0) of the Chelsea match before falling 2-0 in the 2nd half.

Re: Crystal Palace - Difficult month forthcoming w/ the injury to Zaha.  Southampton benefited with a much needed 2-0 win vs CP on Saturday as Fulham-CP-Southampton will all most likely be competing this year to survive relegation.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2018, 01:06 PM by JagsorDie.)

HURRICANE, have you noticed the NBC has stopped covering the premier league games? When did this crap start. they used to have every game on the app and at least cover the games of the week on their normal cable.

Edit: it is a international break this weekend. Forgot about that.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 11:14 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-09-2018, 10:06 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: HURRICANE, have you noticed the NBC has stopped covering the premier league games? When did this crap start. they used to have every game on the app and at least cover the games of the week on their normal cable.

Interesting you mentioned that (although edited) because last year I did notice that my Premier League Package didn't carry the games televised on NBC Sports but rather I had to access those through my Xfinity account.

CHELSEA LOOKING GOOD THIS YEAR.  That 9/29 matchup vs Liverpool will be a great one.  Lynch's Irish Pub (Jax Beach) hosts the Chelsea Fan Club of Jacksonville and that place should be rockin' for that matchup !!!  12:30pm (EST) on Saturday Sept 29.

Fulham may be in luck this year because there appears to be a lot of really bad teams that will be fighting to stay up this year.

Southampton appears to be consistent in the fact that they just blew another 2 point lead (but at least they tied)

Bournemouth appears to be off to a fast start but it's a little deceiving as they only beat West Ham, Cardiff, and LC.

(09-18-2018, 11:10 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 10:06 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: HURRICANE, have you noticed the NBC has stopped covering the premier league games? When did this crap start. they used to have every game on the app and at least cover the games of the week on their normal cable.

Interesting you mentioned that (although edited) because last year I did notice that my Premier League Package didn't carry the games televised on NBC Sports but rather I had to access those through my Xfinity account.

CHELSEA LOOKING GOOD THIS YEAR.  That 9/29 matchup vs Liverpool will be a great one.  Lynch's Irish Pub (Jax Beach) hosts the Chelsea Fan Club of Jacksonville and that place should be rockin' for that matchup !!!  12:30pm (EST) on Saturday Sept 29.

Fulham may be in luck this year because there appears to be a lot of really bad teams that will be fighting to stay up this year.

Southampton appears to be consistent in the fact that they just blew another 2 point lead (but at least they tied)

Bournemouth appears to be off to a fast start but it's a little deceiving as they only beat West Ham, Cardiff, and LC.
Man I would love to be a t lynch's Next weekend but I have a stupid wedding to be at in st Augustine so I can't make it. I made a few of the Jacksonville Blues gatherings but haven't been in a while. 

Bournemouth don't look bad even in their game against Chelsea they hung with them for a half.

I'm stoked at how Chelsea are paying this year. I thought I liked Conte's 3-4-3/5-2-3 formation but it really led to some boring football. Sarriball is fast and possession based so it is entertaining and I think it actually uses our players properly. A lot like Pep's style, it takes a certain caliber player to pull off but after adding jorginho and already having kante in place at CM, I think we have everything we need to make a solid run this year.

Fulham will be ok, I think they have the talent to pull off wins when they need to stay in mid to low table while staying out of the relegation zone.

Good way to get this week started with ManU @ Chelsea. Otherwise, it appears to be a very predictable weekend given the other matchups.

Chelsea have made the move and appear to have landed pulislic. I'm stoked the American has made the move over the blues. With Willian looking like he may make a move out of Chelsea at the end of the year and Hazzard still putting up uncertainties about his future that the clulb, Im glad we went after a young winger. His deal allows him to finish the season with BVB before moving to London, which is kind of strange, but also gives some time to Chelsea to see how some of the moves will play out with their current squad.

(01-02-2019, 01:54 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Chelsea have made the move and appear to have landed pulislic. I'm stoked the American has made the move over the blues. With Willian looking like he may make a move out of Chelsea at the end of the year and Hazzard still putting up uncertainties about his future that the clulb, Im glad we went after a young winger. His deal allows him to finish the season with BVB before moving to London, which is kind of strange, but also gives some time to Chelsea to see how some of the moves will play out with their current squad.

That will be cool to see Pulisic playing in the PL.  Also, glad to see he will finish with BVB in hopes they can take over the title from Bayern Munich --- it's kind of boring having BM dominate over the years.

(01-03-2019, 01:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 01:54 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Chelsea have made the move and appear to have landed pulislic. I'm stoked the American has made the move over the blues. With Willian looking like he may make a move out of Chelsea at the end of the year and Hazzard still putting up uncertainties about his future that the clulb, Im glad we went after a young winger. His deal allows him to finish the season with BVB before moving to London, which is kind of strange, but also gives some time to Chelsea to see how some of the moves will play out with their current squad.

That will be cool to see Pulisic playing in the PL.  Also, glad to see he will finish with BVB in hopes they can take over the title from Bayern Munich --- it's kind of boring having BM dominate over the years.
I  agree and I think that Germany and France have the most lopsided leagues in Europe because it is almost always PSG and BM who take those leagues and domestic cups as well. Italy is not far off with Juve dominating that league for the last half a decade but at least Italy has AC and Inter Milan who challenge the top. Spain is similar but it generally is a three horse race in Spain with barca, RM, and Atletico. 

EPL is may have a top5  teams that are always there, but I think as a whole the talent and separation between the top of the table and the bottom is much closer than the other leagues. 

on a different note: I dig the higuain move my boys have just made. Chelsea may spend a lot of money and have been accused of not developing and keeping talent from youth squads but I am hopeful that is beginning to change. It appears the Hudson-odoi(18y/o ace from our youth squad whom Bayern offered 35 mil to transfer) is going to stay and become a regular in the first team along with RLC which is great to see finally happening. I think a lot of that has to do with the way we burn through managers. A new manager isn't going to put his job on the line selling a developmental pitch to the owner when most of our managers are on a hot seat the moment they take the job. They would rather spend their budget and start winning than develop the youth which is why they constantly go out on loan.