Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dareus at it again...

Well it takes the NFL 2 years to investigate stuff like they did with Jameis. So Dareus wont be suspended till next season anyway.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-13-2018, 03:06 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 11:48 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: They weren't oblivious. They actually brought up that very point. They said that the Commish reserves the right to suspend someone based on his belief of whether they are guilty, regardless of any charges or lack of charges.

I mean... I hope you are right dude... but its just completely contrary to what everyone else is saying.

Agree.  I hope it doesn't come to that... but to think there's a 0% chance Goodell suspends him is living in fantasyland, and ignoring Goodell's tenure under the current CBA.

He's suspended people for simply embarrassing him and not kissing the ring.

It's completely within the realm of possibility that Goodell decides Dareus needs to be "sent a message" regarding his behavior, pattern of behavior, and how some might perceive that as embarrassing to the league (particularly if that person is Roger.)

And then we have a thousand more of these next year as the leeches learn that there's consequences for their marks with a much lower burden of proof.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

What gets me is that when you look at the contracts of Dareus, Malik and Calais, it's almost a given that one of them would have to be dropped next year. Calais is perhaps our best defensive player next to Ramsey. Of the three, it's tough to picture Dareus not being the odd man out at this point. 
'02

Dareus could even be cut this year if this situation grows into something bigger. If he's suspended for 4 or 6 or 8 games, you might as well dump him.

I don't think there's anything to suspend him from.

(07-15-2018, 11:32 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Dareus could even be cut this year if this situation grows into something bigger. If he's suspended for 4 or 6 or 8 games, you might as well dump him.

I don't think there's anything to suspend him from.

If you cut him, you need to figure out how to replace him. Our run defense wasn't doing anything until he was signed.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-13-2018, 12:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 12:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Actually Bullseye is is old school and likes to gather a lot of facts to support his posts.  That level of research and articulation is long gone in the age of the internet where peoples opinions are formed via a single blog that is unmerited.  Additionally, unlike most of us who are simply being paid by the post, Bullseye has negotiated a very favorable contract with the Jags that pays him by the word.

If only this were true!   Laughing
What is true is that Bullseye does do his research before posting and that is very lacking in today's dribble that often has no facts to support a posters point.

(07-16-2018, 08:11 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 12:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: If only this were true!   Laughing
What is true is that Bullseye does do his research before posting and that is very lacking in today's dribble that often has no facts to support a posters point.

Drivel
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-16-2018, 08:11 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 12:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: If only this were true!   Laughing
What is true is that Bullseye does do his research before posting and that is very lacking in today's dribble that often has no facts to support a posters journalist point.

Fixed that for you.   Cool
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Aww gee whiz guys....thanks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!