Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dareus at it again...

(07-12-2018, 03:06 PM)Matt Jones 904 Wrote: 15k is chump change to this guy. Why didn't he just pay her off before it got out?

If he feels he did nothing wrong...if he never met her or had sex with her, then it might be a matter of principle.

If she demanded some payment from him prior to filing suit and he paid her off, what's to stop others from doing the same to him?  Maybe this is the first time ever hearing about the plaintiff or her claims which might explain the lack of a pay off.

Furthermore, he may want to protect or rebuild his reputation, now that the suit has been filed. If he could be found not liable for any of the damages alleged by the plaintiff despite a lower burden of proof in a civil matter as opposed to a criminal one, that would serve as strong vindication for him.  He still has the option of filing a counter suit against her.  For that matter, he could theoretically still settle this out of court.

Parties to litigation have any number of possible motives governing their action prior and up to resolution.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If he doesn't have it he couldn't transmit it. Let's hope it's that simple.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2018, 02:43 AM by JagFanatic24.)

If she was "unconscious"...how can she prove he didn't disclose any diseases?

Girl is passed out...

Dareus..."Ok...so I have herpes, and I'm disclosing that now....ok...its disclosed"

If she was passed out then how does she know he didn't say this.

Just noticed I was a 20% warning level. Hey guys what did I do wrong?

(07-12-2018, 03:06 PM)Matt Jones 904 Wrote: 15k is chump change to this guy. Why didn't he just pay her off before it got out?

Paying it out only emboldens them and turns you into their cash cow.

(07-12-2018, 04:11 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 01:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "It goes on to say that Dareus saw the woman the following two days and the pair had sex on multiple occasions."

It was so traumatic that she went back for two more days worth.  Rolleyes

Stockholm syndrome

Highly unlikely, more like Gold Digger Syndrome.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-12-2018, 12:09 PM)ATLjag Wrote: The commish, unfortunately for the football aspect of these alleged action(s), will review, and likely slap a games suspension under the personal conduct policy.

0% chance of that happening. Literally zero.

(07-13-2018, 08:38 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 12:09 PM)ATLjag Wrote: The commish, unfortunately for the football aspect of these alleged action(s), will review, and likely slap a games suspension under the personal conduct policy.

Why 0% chance? All ive heard on the radio is that this is very very likely. what do you know that nobody else does?

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2018, 09:31 AM by ATLjag.)

(07-13-2018, 08:38 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

I hope you are right....but you're not. There is a % chance of it happening, and I think it's pretty high.

(07-13-2018, 09:16 AM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 08:38 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: 0% chance of that happening. Literally zero.

Why 0% chance? All ive heard on the radio is that this is very very likely. what do you know that nobody else does?

Just playing devil's advocate here.

There are still lots of unknowns in this Dareus philandering business, and I'll wait for more facts before judging him as anything more than just being an idiot concerning women. 

However, if the NFL suspended every player that was accused of some sort of sexual misdeed by a gold-digger, then 30% of the league's active rosters would probably miss at least one game in 2018.  It happens very frequently and many cases are nothing more than a money grab or just plain old sour grapes after a consensual one-night stand.

Apparently there is more than one lawsuit against Dareus for similar allegations.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jaguars-marcell...00370.html

Again, I preface by indicating I do not know all of the facts of either civil complaint.

But taking the complaints at face value, without seeing Dareus' official responsive pleadings to either case or hearing any evidence in either case, I tentatively conclude

1. The suit filed in Hillsborough County seems more credible/plausible than the other suit alleging Dareus raped her and gave her herpes.

2. Taken together at face value, both allegations have common traits that have-at face value-a corroborative effect and serve to paint Dareus in a very negative light.

The pursuit of truth and justice require their claims to withstand scrutiny in the light and context of all available evidence, including cross examination by Dareus' counsel, assuming these civil complaints proceed to trial.

That said, there is an important distinction. Even though the allegations here involve acts, which, if true, would constitute criminal offenses, these are civil actions, not criminal. In criminal cases, there is the time worn presumption of innocence for criminal defendants until proven guilty. Guilt and innocence are not what's being established in civil cases. Liability or non liability for economic harm resulting from wrongdoing is the issue. Thus, while judges and juries in civil cases should be free from bias, determine what the facts are and weigh them and apply them to the law accordingly in rendering their verdicts, there is no larger obligatory societal presumption of innocence for civil defendants.

I am trying to be objective here, though my pro Jaguars bias makes it a bit more difficult.

Similarly, I am trying to give Dareus the benefit of the doubt in these cases. But as I indicated above, the common traits of these complaints from two different women in two different states have a corroborative effect that work to erode the benefit of the doubt I am trying to give to him.

Dareus' physical attributes and his ability as a football player are undeniably assets to a team with Super Bowl aspirations. His run stopping and pass rush abilities added to the roster put the finishing touches on a dominant, Super Bowl caliber defense.

But the cumulative effect of these allegations could serve to be an unwanted distraction to a young team, could reduce his availability to the team if the commissioner finds him to have violated the league's personal conduct policy, and damage the image of a team that is trying to broaden its fan base locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. The cloud the serious nature of these allegations places over the team at the dawn of training camp and their potential repercussions could substantially mitigate if not completely offset what his physical abilities bring to the team. This places his spot on this roster on a more tenuous footing-as it should, because it potentially sabotages the on and off field ambitions of this franchise.

Furthermore these allegations potentially place his own personal reputation, professional future, financial security and personal liberty at risk. The news of his donation to Haiti-revealed within the last month- has been all but forgotten. If suspended or cut because of these allegations, he stands to lose millions, both from his current contract and from the loss of marketability for him to obtain an offer from another team. Depending upon the available evidence in these claims, they could theoretically result in criminal prosecution, or if this fact pattern of behavior is repeated, the next woman may not be so reluctant to report him to the police.

Should he extricate himself from these civil actions without any finding of liability in these cases or not, there has to be a change in him somewhere, somehow.

The status quo alternative is untenable for the team and himself.

My dismay over this thread's existence is incalculable.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2018, 11:02 AM by nate.)

You are being dramatic and ridiculous.  The fact that a civil money grab attempt is occurring here is not getting a player suspended.

(07-13-2018, 09:16 AM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 08:38 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: 0% chance of that happening. Literally zero.

Because the idiots on the radio are oblivious to the notion that this is a civil case.... not a criminal case.

Anyone can file suit for literally anything- which they often do.  Eventually, all matters are resolved, whether by settlement, dismissal, or trial.

Think of the ridiculousness of filling some garbage in the middle of the season if you want a particular quarterback out for a few weeks.

You are being dramatic and ridiculous.  The fact that a civil money grab attempt is occurring here is not getting a player suspended.

(07-13-2018, 11:07 AM)nate Wrote:

I wouldn't put it past this commissioner through the powers granted him with the repugnant CBA.

Do I think it's likely?  No.  But I wouldn't be surprised if he did, or even added a fine of his own.  He can do nearly whatever he wants as long as he comes up with an excuse to justify it.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(07-13-2018, 10:58 AM)nate Wrote:

(07-13-2018, 09:16 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: Why 0% chance? All ive heard on the radio is that this is very very likely. what do you know that nobody else does?

Because the idiots on the radio are oblivious to the notion that this is a civil case.... not a criminal case.

Anyone can file suit for literally anything- which they often do.  Eventually, all matters are resolved, whether by settlement, dismissal, or trial.

Think of the ridiculousness of filling some garbage in the middle of the season if you want a particular quarterback out for a few weeks.
Thing is, a criminal case (or for that matter civil litigation) need not occur in order for a player to be suspended by the league in violation of its personal conduct policy.

This is evidenced by the suspension of Ezekiel Elliott.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-...llegations

Later in the link, there is a copy of the letter the league sent to Ezekiel Elliott.

At the top of page 2 of the letter, in relevant portion, the letter reads...

Quote:"Each of these incidents involved allegations of conduct that is expressly prohibited by the leagues Personal Conduct Policy, including '[a]ctual or threatened physical violence against another person.'  Even when a player is not charged with a crime, 'he may still be found to have violated the policy if the credible evidence establishes that he engaged in conduct prohibited by this "Personal Conduct Policy."  As the policy states, "it is not enough simply to avoid being charged with a crime.  We are all held to a higher standard and must conduct ourselves in a way that is responsible, promotes the values of the NFL, and is lawful."
(emphasis added)

Later, this same letter the league will look at prior instances of misconduct not necessarily encapsulated in the current complaints or allegations to help determine whether a suspension is warranted and if so, the length.  On page five under the findings section, the league discusses the St. Patrick's day incident where Elliott allegedly pulled down a woman's top at the parade.  It reads...

Quote:...You should understand, however, your behavior during this event was inappropriate and disturbing, and reflected a lack of respect for women.  When viewed together with the July incidents, it suggests a pattern of poor judgement and behavior for which effective intervention is necessary for your personal and professional welfare.
(Emphasis added)

In short, these allegations could possibly lead to league discipline for Dareus under the league's Personal Conduct Policy.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2018, 11:49 AM by brianmsbc.)

(07-13-2018, 10:58 AM)nate Wrote:

(07-13-2018, 09:16 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: Why 0% chance? All ive heard on the radio is that this is very very likely. what do you know that nobody else does?

They weren't oblivious. They actually brought up that very point. They said that the Commish reserves the right to suspend someone based on his belief of whether they are guilty, regardless of any charges or lack of charges.

I mean... I hope you are right dude... but its just completely contrary to what everyone else is saying.

Bullseye is crazy bored right now.

(07-13-2018, 11:52 AM)cland Wrote: Bullseye is crazy bored right now.

Not really.

Been in a bit of a posting rut (for me) for a while.

Just have the posting itch now that training camps are about to start up.

Actually Bullseye is is old school and likes to gather a lot of facts to support his posts.  That level of research and articulation is long gone in the age of the internet where peoples opinions are formed via a single blog that is unmerited.  Additionally, unlike most of us who are simply being paid by the post, Bullseye has negotiated a very favorable contract with the Jags that pays him by the word.

(07-13-2018, 12:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Actually Bullseye is is old school and likes to gather a lot of facts to support his posts.  That level of research and articulation is long gone in the age of the internet where peoples opinions are formed via a single blog that is unmerited.  Additionally, unlike most of us who are simply being paid by the post, Bullseye has negotiated a very favorable contract with the Jags that pays him by the word.

If only this were true!   Laughing

(07-13-2018, 12:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Meh, if Bullseye was really smart, he'd be getting paid per letter...  He uses big words.

(07-13-2018, 11:48 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: They weren't oblivious. They actually brought up that very point. They said that the Commish reserves the right to suspend someone based on his belief of whether they are guilty, regardless of any charges or lack of charges.

I mean... I hope you are right dude... but its just completely contrary to what everyone else is saying.

Agree.  I hope it doesn't come to that... but to think there's a 0% chance Goodell suspends him is living in fantasyland, and ignoring Goodell's tenure under the current CBA.

He's suspended people for simply embarrassing him and not kissing the ring.

It's completely within the realm of possibility that Goodell decides Dareus needs to be "sent a message" regarding his behavior, pattern of behavior, and how some might perceive that as embarrassing to the league (particularly if that person is Roger.)
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."