Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Donald's European Vacation

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2018, 12:31 PM by mikesez.)

(07-14-2018, 09:59 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-14-2018, 09:36 AM)mikesez Wrote: Propaganda tactics have been bilateral since the 1950s if not earlier.

Also, neither the US left nor the US right are monolithic.  If some crazy protestor somewhere says something, it doesn't necessarily reflect on the whole

I think the extremes have found their way to the center though.  For example the left believes anyone that voted for Trump is a racist, and that is not just the extremist that believe this.

I think, today, any accusation or mention of racism shouldn't be upsetting, on its own.  I think you have to learn more about who the accuser is and what they believe about racism before deciding if you should be upset.  

As an example, I happen to think *everyone* is a little bit racist.   I'm not the only one who thinks this.  There was a Tony award winning musical that said the same thing.
So if I tell you I think you're racist, it's not in any way personal.  I think everyone, except small children, is. I think I'm a little racist.  I'm trying to work on it, but it's not easy.  I think it'd be worse if I was in denial as many seem to be, however.

Other times, when people say "racist" or "racism", they are describing institutions, not individuals. We should probably have thick enough skin to not get offended when an institution is accused. Let's save our getting offended for personal accusations, not institutional ones.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Racism is a recently-coined word that has suckered a lot of people into using it at face value, but its origins and history reveal it to be little more than an intentionally-lopsided marxist term of abuse to destroy the natural human protective instincts. It is highly arguable that the word shouldn't be taken seriously at all. "Racism" is a cynical word of social control targeted only at whites, created by Marxists in the 1920s, first in the Russian language by Leon Trotsky to counter an anti-Jewish backlash against the Russian Bolshevik Revolution. Then the word spread to English in 1938 after the translation of a book entitled Racism written by Jewish "sex researcher" Magnus Hirschfeld.

The concept did not exist previously. It was taken as natural and beneficial that people tended to congregate and socialize with those most like themselves. The only real societal danger is that of inbreeding if the practice becomes too prevalent or if fraternization with outsiders is forbidden. But apparently there has been enough out-breeding through history to keep the gene pool healthy.

Back to Donald's Vacation tour, Theresa May revealed what Trump told her about Brexit. He advised not to negotiate with the EU at all, but to sue for legal separation. A good strategy in retrospect. But I don't think May ever intended to allow a hard exit.

(07-15-2018, 10:00 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Racism is a recently-coined word that has suckered a lot of people into using it at face value, but its origins and history reveal it to be little more than an intentionally-lopsided marxist term of abuse to destroy the natural human protective instincts. It is highly arguable that the word shouldn't be taken seriously at all.  "Racism" is a cynical word of social control targeted only at whites, created by Marxists in the 1920s, first in the Russian language by Leon Trotsky to counter an anti-Jewish backlash against the Russian Bolshevik Revolution. Then the word spread to English in 1938 after the translation of a book entitled Racism written by Jewish "sex researcher" Magnus Hirschfeld.  

The concept did not exist previously.  It was taken as natural and beneficial that people tended to congregate and socialize with those most like themselves.  The only real societal danger is that of inbreeding if the practice becomes too prevalent or if fraternization with outsiders is forbidden.  But apparently there has been enough out-breeding through history to keep the gene pool healthy.

Oxford English dictionary says you're wrong about the word origin. 
https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/...ord-racism
Nazis used the word too, favorably.
Anyhow I also think you're wrong that an instinct to segregate is a positive in the context of modern Western Civilization.

Oxford English Dictionary is a subscription-only service, so no way to verify anything unless you wish to pay 90 euros.  

Google says late 1930s for English texts.

[Image: GbwMtr]

(07-15-2018, 10:14 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Back to Donald's Vacation tour, Theresa May revealed what Trump told her about Brexit.  He advised not to negotiate with the EU at all, but to sue for legal separation.  A good strategy in retrospect.  But I don't think May ever intended to allow a hard exit.

There's no court to sue in, so Donald is at least technically wrong.
I think it could be in Britain's best interests to simply declare themselves separate, and stop enforcing the aspects of EU laws and regulations that they disagree with, and simply see what the consequences are.

(07-15-2018, 01:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-15-2018, 10:14 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Back to Donald's Vacation tour, Theresa May revealed what Trump told her about Brexit.  He advised not to negotiate with the EU at all, but to sue for legal separation.  A good strategy in retrospect.  But I don't think May ever intended to allow a hard exit.

I think it could be in Britain's best interests to simply declare themselves separate, and stop enforcing the aspects of EU laws and regulations that they disagree with, and simply see what the consequences are.
Donald is technically right as the issue can be taken up by the CJEU or depending on how they determine  unusual jurisdiction, the International Court of Justice.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Don't think Trump is a leading expert on these kinds of negotiations. He's just a reality TV guy.

Hell Kylie Jenner is probably more valuable a business mind.

(07-15-2018, 10:25 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Don't think Trump is a leading expert on these kinds of negotiations. He's just a reality TV guy.

I guess you guys don't get much information down there, huh?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-15-2018, 10:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-15-2018, 10:25 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Don't think Trump is a leading expert on these kinds of negotiations. He's just a reality TV guy.

I guess you guys don't get much information down there, huh?

Everything is just upside-down... which makes sense.

(07-14-2018, 09:59 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-14-2018, 09:36 AM)mikesez Wrote: Propaganda tactics have been bilateral since the 1950s if not earlier.

Also, neither the US left nor the US right are monolithic.  If some crazy protestor somewhere says something, it doesn't necessarily reflect on the whole

I think the extremes have found their way to the center though.  For example the left believes anyone that voted for Trump is a racist, and that is not just the extremist that believe this.

That you believe this to be true is evidence you've fallen prey to the very phenomenon you decry.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-15-2018, 01:20 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Oxford English Dictionary is a subscription-only service, so no way to verify anything unless you wish to pay 90 euros.  

Google says late 1930s for English texts.

Richard Henry Pratt used the word in 1902. That's a link found via Google.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-16-2018, 10:24 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-14-2018, 09:59 AM)copycat Wrote: I think the extremes have found their way to the center though.  For example the left believes anyone that voted for Trump is a racist, and that is not just the extremist that believe this.

That you believe this to be true is evidence you've fallen prey to the very phenomenon you decry.

Perhaps my statement is too broad but can you deny that many otherwise middle of the road democrats have uttered that vary statement?  And before you ask this is something I observe on almost a daily basis.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2018, 12:46 PM by mikesez.)

(07-16-2018, 11:33 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 10:24 AM)rollerjag Wrote: That you believe this to be true is evidence you've fallen prey to the very phenomenon you decry.

Perhaps my statement is too broad but can you deny that many otherwise middle of the road democrats have uttered that vary statement?  And before you ask this is something I observe on almost a daily basis.

If you wake up one day and some stranger calls you a racist, oh well it happens to a lot of us. It's just one random punk saying random things. if you feel like this is happening to you more often that, and by a large group of people, well, maybe it's time to ask yourself why they feel that way about you. or maybe it's not really happening to you at all, and social media and/or 24 hour news channels are messing with your mind.

(07-15-2018, 07:51 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-15-2018, 01:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: I
Donald is technically right as the issue can be taken up by the CJEU or depending on how they determine  unusual jurisdiction, the International Court of Justice.

Nope.
If the UK renounces its EU membership, CJEU in all likelihood would say the UK can't bring a case to them.
And the ICJ only handles disputes between states, not between states and para-state organizations.  An EU member state could probably bring a complaint against the UK to ICJ, but the EU itself can not be the lead party to a case there.

(07-16-2018, 12:28 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 11:33 AM)copycat Wrote: Perhaps my statement is too broad but can you deny that many otherwise middle of the road democrats have uttered that vary statement?  And before you ask this is something I observe on almost a daily basis.

If you wake up one day and some stranger calls you a racist, oh well it happens to a lot of us. It's just one random punk saying random things. if you feel like this is happening to you more often that, and by a large group of people, well, maybe it's time to ask yourself why they feel that way about you. or maybe it's not really happening to you at all, and social media and/or 24 hour news channels are messing with your mind.

With the left it happens for two reasons: their desire for control and projection.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-16-2018, 10:30 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Richard Henry Pratt used the word in 1902. That's a link found via Google.

Close enough. So 120 years ago it wasn't even a word. Because the natural world has no place for it. Are geese racist? I never see them inviting other birds to join their V-formation.

(07-16-2018, 12:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 12:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: If you wake up one day and some stranger calls you a racist, oh well it happens to a lot of us. It's just one random punk saying random things. if you feel like this is happening to you more often that, and by a large group of people, well, maybe it's time to ask yourself why they feel that way about you. or maybe it's not really happening to you at all, and social media and/or 24 hour news channels are messing with your mind.

With the left it happens for two reasons: their desire for control and projection.

Again, by "the left" do you mean sincere people who you know and interact with in real life, or do you mean talking heads on TV and computer screens?

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2018, 02:10 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

So Far So Good

[Image: MW-GM518_Putin__20180715101553_ZH.jpg?uu...162d7bc1f7]

[Image: Cub6CwUXgAAw76c.jpg]

(07-16-2018, 12:28 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 11:33 AM)copycat Wrote: Perhaps my statement is too broad but can you deny that many otherwise middle of the road democrats have uttered that vary statement?  And before you ask this is something I observe on almost a daily basis.

If you wake up one day and some stranger calls you a racist, oh well it happens to a lot of us. It's just one random punk saying random things. if you feel like this is happening to you more often that, and by a large group of people, well, maybe it's time to ask yourself why they feel that way about you.

Please stop.  Let's revisit the conversation.  What I am saying is there are many democrats that believe that only a racist, (let's add the rest, homophobe, misogynist, fascist ect.) would vote for Trump.  My point is the divide between us has gotten so great that many normally middle of the road people gone off the deep end.  And this is for both sides, we saw it when Obama was the president from the right in the form of "He's a Muslim".
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.