Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Donald's European Vacation

Repeat a lie enough, even when disproven, and it becomes "truth" to some regardless of reality.

As Scott Adams (yes, that Scott Adams) says:

Two Movies On One Screen

Again, when the left went off the extreme deep end and became far left, the natural response for some on the opposite side was to mirror their shift to form balance. If neither can see how off base they are, they'll never realize how far back to center they need to travel to become rational again. This radicalization began around 1994, with triangulation and demagoguery on the left who were in power at the time. It magnified with moveon.org, then has grown exponentially since the denial that Bush won the 2000 election. It's been no looking back since, with a complicit media feeding the false reality that has now given us Two Movies On One Screen.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The more radical the left gets, the further they double, triple down and more... things will only get worse for everyone in the middle of those who rise against their treachery.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Far left? Would like to see which policies support that? Hey even a social democrat like Sanders couldn't get the nomination.

I notice hannity says left a lot during his rants too. Coincidence?

Sad 

(07-16-2018, 02:29 PM)copycat Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 12:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: If you wake up one day and some stranger calls you a racist, oh well it happens to a lot of us. It's just one random punk saying random things. if you feel like this is happening to you more often that, and by a large group of people, well, maybe it's time to ask yourself why they feel that way about you.

Please stop.  Let's revisit the conversation.  What I am saying is there are many democrats that believe that only a racist, (let's add the rest, homophobe, misogynist, fascist ect.) would vote for Trump.  My point is the divide between us has gotten so great that many normally middle of the road people gone off the deep end.  And this is for both sides, we saw it when Obama was the president from the right in the form of "He's a Muslim".

Look even Hillary in that terrible "basket of deplorables" rant she made, only said that about half of trump supporters were in the basket, and the basket included many types of people, only one of which were racists.
All I'm trying to tell you is that if anybody says that all Trump supporters are racists, that person does not speak for the left or for the Democratic party. And I say that as a registered Republican. I want this country to be more unified and to get there we have to stop branding the party that we don't belong to with the worst people among the party that we do belong to.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-16-2018, 02:57 PM)pirkster Wrote: Repeat a lie enough, even when disproven, and it becomes "truth" to some regardless of reality.

As Scott Adams (yes, that Scott Adams) says:

Two Movies On One Screen

Again, when the left went off the extreme deep end and became far left, the natural response for some on the opposite side was to mirror their shift to form balance.  If neither can see how off base they are, they'll never realize how far back to center they need to travel to become rational again.  This radicalization began around 1994, with triangulation and demagoguery on the left who were in power at the time.  It magnified with moveon.org, then has grown exponentially since the denial that Bush won the 2000 election.  It's been no looking back since, with a complicit media feeding the false reality that has now given us Two Movies On One Screen.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.  The more radical the left gets, the further they double, triple down and more... things will only get worse for everyone in the middle of those who rise against their treachery.

Scott Adams is simply wrong about this. Nothing of note happened with the left or with the Democratic party in 1994. the right and the Republican party on the other hand, enter the contract with America phase. Newt Gingrich was the face of that effort of course but behind the scenes you'll find lots of archive videos of a young Paul Ryan arguing that from now on the Republican Party must be a party that promotes a unified ideology rather than each Congressman simply advocating for the interests of his district. This was the beginning of the end of earmarks, which wasn't necessarily bad. 
However, much more interesting from the perspective of someone who's trying to explain that we now watch the same thing on two different screens would be the emergence of Fox News in 1998.

(07-16-2018, 07:30 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 02:29 PM)copycat Wrote: Please stop.  Let's revisit the conversation.  What I am saying is there are many democrats that believe that only a racist, (let's add the rest, homophobe, misogynist, fascist ect.) would vote for Trump.  My point is the divide between us has gotten so great that many normally middle of the road people gone off the deep end.  And this is for both sides, we saw it when Obama was the president from the right in the form of "He's a Muslim".

Look even Hillary in that terrible "basket of deplorables" rant she made, only said that about half of trump supporters were in the basket, and the basket included many types of people, only one of which were racists.
All I'm trying to tell you is that if anybody says that all Trump supporters are racists, that person does not speak for the left or for the Democratic party. And I say that as a registered Republican. I want this country to be more unified and to get there we have to stop branding the party that we don't belong to with the worst people among the party that we do belong to.

Isn't that what I just said?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-16-2018, 08:35 PM)copycat Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 07:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: Look even Hillary in that terrible "basket of deplorables" rant she made, only said that about half of trump supporters were in the basket, and the basket included many types of people, only one of which were racists.

Isn't that what I just said?

You said there's not "middle of the road" people now.  I'm telling you there still are many; the extremes are just more vocal and their simple thoughts make better soundbytes.

I haven't seen the media act this hysterically to a non-event in at least a week.

(07-16-2018, 01:04 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 10:30 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Richard Henry Pratt used the word in 1902. That's a link found via Google.

Close enough.  So 120 years ago it wasn't even a word.  Because the natural world has no place for it.  Are geese racist?  I never see them inviting other birds to join their V-formation.

That's because the other birds are of a different species. Just because no word had been assigned to describe racism doesn't mean it did not exist.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-16-2018, 11:33 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 10:24 AM)rollerjag Wrote: That you believe this to be true is evidence you've fallen prey to the very phenomenon you decry.

Perhaps my statement is too broad but can you deny that many otherwise middle of the road democrats have uttered that vary statement?  And before you ask this is something I observe on almost a daily basis.

You hear a different person, who in your opinion is a "middle of the road democrat" and not a TV talking head, say that everyone who voted for Trump is a racist? Every day?
- Bob Marley

(07-17-2018, 08:22 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I haven't seen the media act this hysterically to a non-event in at least a week.

How do you account for all the negative comments from many Fox reporters and Trump apologists along with Republican supporters like Newt? Does that still make this a non-event?

(07-16-2018, 10:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 08:35 PM)copycat Wrote: Isn't that what I just said?

You said there's not "middle of the road" people now.  I'm telling you there still are many; the extremes are just more vocal and their simple thoughts make better soundbytes.

I said no such thing.  What I did say is the extremes have found their way to the middle.  I may have been a little to broad in my original statement but clarified it when RJ called me on it.  Where did you get that I said there was no middle view?  I am pretty sure we share the same view here.  I swear you like to argue more than and I and that is saying something.   Laughing

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-17-2018, 08:55 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 11:33 AM)copycat Wrote: Perhaps my statement is too broad but can you deny that many otherwise middle of the road democrats have uttered that vary statement?  And before you ask this is something I observe on almost a daily basis.

You hear a different person, who in your opinion is a "middle of the road democrat" and not a TV talking head, say that everyone who voted for Trump is a racist? Every day?

Hear it or read it, but yeah.  I imagine that since I aggressively seek differing and opposing opinions than my own that I set myself up for the abuse.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2018, 09:52 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(07-17-2018, 09:15 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(07-17-2018, 08:22 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I haven't seen the media act this hysterically to a non-event in at least a week.

How do you account for all the negative comments from many Fox reporters and Trump apologists along with Republican supporters like Newt? Does that still make this a non-event?

Media outlets comparing it to Pearl Harbor makes it a "non-event" in the grand scheme of things. I fondly remember reading "The little boy that cried wolf" as a kid. At some point, people become numb to "It's the end of the world!" even if in fact, it is the end of the world.

And for the record, I don't blindly agree with everything DJT says and I may not agree with what he said yesterday, but in the grand scheme of how he has handled foreign policy in his less than 2 years in office, I am willing to chalk it up to a heat of the moment mistake more so than a treason charge.

As always, whenever Donald Trump does the right thing, he receives universal condemnation from the enemies of freedom. If John McCain and John Brennan hate it, we can be assured it is absolute perfection.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2018, 10:20 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-16-2018, 02:57 PM)pirkster Wrote: Repeat a lie enough, even when disproven, and it becomes "truth" to some regardless of reality.

This is Trump in a nutshell.  In fact, repeat a lie enough, the gullible Base will believe it too.

(07-17-2018, 09:15 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:

Exactly.  While I tend to agree that the CNN & MSNBC goes overboard w/ Trump, you know something is serious when Newt, Paul Ryan, and many on Fox News (e.g. Brett Baier, Martha MacCallum, etc.) express similar concerns; only is in a less harsh manner than CNN & MSNBC.

(07-17-2018, 10:14 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: As always, whenever Donald Trump does the right thing, he receives universal condemnation from the enemies of freedom.  If John McCain and John Brennan hate it, we can be assured it is absolute perfection.

Can't leave Cryin' Chuck and Pelosi out. I tend to take the George Costanza "opposite" approach to their train of though.

(07-17-2018, 09:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-17-2018, 09:15 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: How do you account for all the negative comments from many Fox reporters and Trump apologists along with Republican supporters like Newt? Does that still make this a non-event?

Media outlets comparing it to Pearl Harbor makes it a "non-event" in the grand scheme of things. I fondly remember reading "The little boy that cried wolf" as a kid. At some point, people become numb to "It's the end of the world!" even if in fact, it is the end of the world.

And for the record, I don't blindly agree with everything DJT says and I may not agree with what he said yesterday, but in the grand scheme of how he has handled foreign policy in his less than 2 years in office, I am willing to chalk it up to a heat of the moment mistake more so than a treason charge.

Heat of the moment? You think his remarks at the press conference weren't measured and intentional?
- Bob Marley

(07-17-2018, 09:15 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: How do you account for all the negative comments from many Fox reporters and Trump apologists along with Republican supporters like Newt? Does that still make this a non-event?

You just described, perfectly, the fake news propaganda campaign the you fools have fallen for. Lack of self-awareness is clearly a prerequisite for any remaining support for a president who stood next to a thug who has had political rivals, journalists, and civilians murdered and chose to side with HIM over America's own intelligence apparatus and even the findings of the GOP led senate committee on the matter. The so called tough guy who tells it like it is, rolled over to the "extremely strong and powerful denial" of one of the worst men alive. Either he's compromised, scared of being seen as illegitimate or he's the weakest snowflake on the planet. 

If you don't think he intentionally colluded or  did anything illegal regarding Rusher that's fine, heck I think he's to stupid to even consider doing it intentionally and don't think there will be any evidence at all that he did so. If anything happened it was likely behind his back by the myriad of corrupt and shady garbage he brought into the campaign. However, The fact that Russia attacked our democratic elections on our soil should be an outrage to every single American. If you are the kind of person who think it's not a big deal, or that you are ok with it because everyone does it, or because you won so it's ok, or that it didnt happen because you are too stupid to accept actual facts then you are unamerican at best. All of those apologies are being tossed around for this corrupt piece of garbage. 

That you people vehemently support the closure of any investigation into what Rusher so clearly did is disgusting and as unpatriotic as you can be which is why even Fox Newsish hosts are being forced to call this what it is. If you want the investigation over you are supporting the covering up of a foreign power attacking our country. You should all be ashamed of yourselves but the majority of you don't feel a lick of shame. If you are not outraged over Rusher doing this to OUR country than you don't belong here.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2018, 12:21 PM by Adam2012.)

The media? You can't hide behind that lame excuse this time. Unless you mean the conservative media. And a lot of right-wing commentators. 

Just face it - your boy is woefully unqualified for the job. Too low energy, too low IQ.

And you've been outed as a phony "conservative". Always bashing Obama, but giving Donald a pass for the same kind of conduct, or worse. "I may not agree with what he said yesterday" - hahahahahaha. You are the first one on here making excuses - before anyone even brought up the event. I guess you know an embarrassment when you see one.

(07-17-2018, 10:14 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: As always, whenever Donald Trump does the right thing, he receives universal condemnation from the enemies of freedom.  If John McCain and John Brennan hate it, we can be assured it is absolute perfection.

Yeah - I pretty much do the same. If Lil' Alex Jones Jr. is for it you know the other loons are too. Thus, clearly the opposite view is the correct one.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(07-17-2018, 12:16 PM)boudreaumw Wrote:
(07-17-2018, 09:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Media outlets comparing it to Pearl Harbor makes it a "non-event" in the grand scheme of things. I fondly remember reading "The little boy that cried wolf" as a kid. At some point, people become numb to "It's the end of the world!" even if in fact, it is the end of the world.

You just described, perfectly, the fake news propaganda campaign the you fools have fallen for. Lack of self-awareness is clearly a prerequisite for any remaining support for a president who stood next to a thug who has had political rivals, journalists, and civilians murdered and chose to side with HIM over America's own intelligence apparatus and even the findings of the GOP led senate committee on the matter. The so called tough guy who tells it like it is, rolled over to the "extremely strong and powerful denial" of one of the worst men alive. Either he's compromised, scared of being seen as illegitimate or he's the weakest snowflake on the planet. 

If you don't think he intentionally colluded or  did anything illegal regarding Rusher that's fine, heck I think he's to stupid to even consider doing it intentionally and don't think there will be any evidence at all that he did so. If anything happened it was likely behind his back by the myriad of corrupt and shady garbage he brought into the campaign. However, The fact that Russia attacked our democratic elections on our soil should be an outrage to every single American. If you are the kind of person who think it's not a big deal, or that you are ok with it because everyone does it, or because you won so it's ok, or that it didnt happen because you are too stupid to accept actual facts then you are unamerican at best. All of those apologies are being tossed around for this corrupt piece of garbage. 

That you people vehemently support the closure of any investigation into what Rusher so clearly did is disgusting and as unpatriotic as you can be which is why even Fox Newsish hosts are being forced to call this what it is. If you want the investigation over you are supporting the covering up of a foreign power attacking our country. You should all be ashamed of yourselves but the majority of you don't feel a lick of shame. If you are not outraged over Rusher doing this to OUR country than you don't belong here.

Exactly.