Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Programming On NFLN

I would exclusively purchase just Sunday Ticket. Hell, I'd exclude purchase just a Jags pass if it were available. I don't watch Red Zone.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-19-2018, 01:09 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(07-18-2018, 07:33 PM)copycat Wrote: You have the truth of it right there.  How many more subscribers is the NFL missing out on due to this alliance? 

While we are on the subject, why the heck won't Xfinity validate my subscription to NFL Network so I can stream it at work?  Too bad they won't miss me when I am gone.

Market research would tell you they aren't missing out on any additional funds.  Other networks have the red zone channel available.  Full disclosure, I work for ATT and I can tell you I don't like the deal because of the cost.  ATT is funding the exclusivity.  Can you imagine how much they would charge you for the NFL Network if you could ala cart add Sunday Ticket?

They will probably change the model with the next negotiation.  Maybe Netflix will over bid for it.

I just want Gamepass but not the 24 hour wait to watch the game. I don't care about NFLN specifically, I just want to watch games. I don't see why the NFL can't make this happen. They can if they want to. Market research is about as useful as statistics or polls. Skewed by bias information.

(07-19-2018, 03:32 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-19-2018, 01:37 PM)copycat Wrote: That is the million dollar question.  It's $300 or so now but you can only get it through Direct TV.  Seems to me the cost would go down if every carrier could offer it but what do I know.

My phones service is from ATT.  I'll be switching internet to them when I get back in town.

But if you lower your fee to $199 and double your customers.... (I actually think for a low enough $ a year they would likely triple or quadruple customers including foreign markets)

viola.

At $199 it would still be beyond what I'd be willing to pay, but really the problem with the whole thing is you can only pay for all the games even if you're only interested in one team. You can't really watch all the games at the same time anyway, so offering a package that's inexpensive but only for a certain team would be the ideal. Something like $100 for out of market people.

(07-20-2018, 08:24 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-19-2018, 03:32 PM)Kane Wrote: But if you lower your fee to $199 and double your customers.... (I actually think for a low enough $ a year they would likely triple or quadruple customers including foreign markets)

viola.

At $199 it would still be beyond what I'd be willing to pay, but really the problem with the whole thing is you can only pay for all the games even if you're only interested in one team. You can't really watch all the games at the same time anyway, so offering a package that's inexpensive but only for a certain team would be the ideal. Something like $100 for out of market people.

Yeah... Regional packages or something would be ideal. 
But a "All Jaguars" package for only 100 would be awesome.

But there's a reason why they don't do it...
DirecTV (AT&T) pay the NFL 1.5 BILLION per year

They don't recoup that at 300 bucks a user... but they might considering all the directv subscriptions on top of it...

1.5 billion.... crazy

(07-19-2018, 07:18 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I would exclusively purchase just Sunday Ticket. Hell, I'd exclude purchase just a Jags pass if it were available. I don't watch Red Zone.

I asked them, but they don't let you do that. You have to buy an entire package.
'02

Wasn't sure where to put this but this looks like a good spot.

I had business in Cleveland and took yesterday to go to Canton and the NFL HoF.  Needless to say not much on Jaguars going on there though they did have the Fournette game jersey from the regular season Pittsburgh game and Marone's salute to service hoodie on display.  They also had a season in review short video.  When they got the AFC championship game I couldn't help myself and proclaimed aloud "Miles Jack wasn't down"  Brought down the house except for the 3 Pats fans sitting next to me.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-22-2018, 08:06 PM)copycat Wrote: Wasn't sure where to put this but this looks like a good spot.

I had business in Cleveland and took yesterday to go to Canton and the NFL HoF.  Needless to say not much on Jaguars going on there though they did have the Fournette game jersey from the regular season Pittsburgh game and Marone's salute to service hoodie on display.  They also had a season in review short video.  When they got the AFC championship game I couldn't help myself and proclaimed aloud "Miles Jack wasn't down"  Brought down the house except for the 3 Pats fans sitting next to me.

Great story copycat.

'02

(07-22-2018, 08:06 PM)copycat Wrote: Wasn't sure where to put this but this looks like a good spot.

Why is the Fournette jersey from PIT in the hof?

(07-25-2018, 05:42 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

Part of the 2017 Season in review and he is the youngest player in NFL History with a TD of at least 90 yards.

I have a photo of the jersey and the write up but I can't figure out how to load it directly from my PC.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I would have paid to have seen that.

Stinkin’ refs!

Laughing Banana 

Good job, Copy!  The truth will be heard!!!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-25-2018, 05:42 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

The HOF recognized his performance in the game as worthy.
'02