Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colin Cowherd's AFCS Predictions

Cowherd is a clown. Hiw this man still finds employment after his blatantly racist remarks about latino baseball players is beyond my comprehension.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-26-2018, 08:45 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Cowherd is a clown. Hiw this man still finds employment after his blatantly racist remarks about latino baseball players is beyond my comprehension.

I missed those comments, but those comments aside, he is a biased (at least against the Jags) [BLEEP].

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-26-2018, 09:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 08:45 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Cowherd is a clown. Hiw this man still finds employment after his blatantly racist remarks about latino baseball players is beyond my comprehension.

I missed those comments, but those comments aside, he is a biased (at least against the Jags) [BLEEP].

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/1331...ic-players

Coward also has us in his top 10 dumpster fire teams

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd...5214275597

I was thinking about his rationale (and there are others who agree with his analysis).

They are essentially saying we have no QB and the Colts and Texans do.

Fine by me.

But the funny thing is, taking those assertions at face value, we went to the AFC championship without a QB.

Those teams finished 4-12.

What does that suggest about the rosters as a whole? If all three teams were without competent QBs, do they suggest the other 52 men on the Jaguars roster are six games better than theirs?

Now make no mistake, Watson played well for the Texans-when he played. But he was 3-3 as a starter.

i understand that the QB is the most important position on the field, but is Watson good enough to make up a 6 game difference, absent a serious roster upgrade?

Is Luck? The last full season he had as Colts' starter, they finished 8-8.

The point is, a good QB can cover a multitude of football sins. But they aren't a panacea for a roster bereft of talent.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2018, 03:03 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(07-26-2018, 01:42 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Cowherd's entire basis of his argument rests on two people-Andrew Luck and DeShawn Watson.

The problem with him riding on Luck is twofold.

First, we don't know if he is healthy, or how efective he will be.  Tonight on NFLN he was interviewed and he still has a little pain in his shoulder.

After the interview, former scout Bucky Brooks and former GM Charlie Casserly indicated there was cause for concern.  Brooks focused on the lingering pain after all of his inactivity.  Casserly wondered about him changing his throwing motion at this stage of his career.  His return to 100% health is far from a given.

Furthermore, even when Luck was healthy, we have had success against him.  Even when we sucked mightily in 2015 and 2016, we managed splits with Luck led Colts teams.  Truth be told, weshould have swept them both of those years.  Now, we have a far more talented and better coached team than we had those two years, and compared to the Colts, we have a far more talented team.  I think a sweep of the Colts is probable.

As for Watson, yes he seems to have recovered from his ACL, but the presumption he will beat Jacksonville is a bit reactionary for a couple of reasons.  

First, when he played against us in week one, he was only 12-23 for a TD and 1 INT, and a fumble, and 4 sacks.  Those numbers were not great.  No the Texans didn't game plan for him, but neither did the Jags.

Secondly, the things that doomed the Texans against us last year are still problematic.  It is doubtful the Texans OL can block our pass rush enough to make Watson as effective as he was against other opponents.  That effect is magnified by our secondary.  If he is on his game, could he posesome problems? Sure.  But this defense has beaten some pretty good QBs, including Rivers, Big Ben, and Wilson.

I also think our offense is more capable of beating these two teams than we were before.  We canconsistently run the ball, and we have an OL that can pass protect.

Screw Cowherd and his lazy and biased analysis.

First, Deshaun Watson only played one single half against you.. with absolutely zero reps in practice.  Trust me, he's a issue for you and he's coming. He makes the entire "they took Clowney over Blake Bortles" look like a absolute joke right now.. you have a championship defense, but have crap at QB. Been there, done that..and it doesn't work. Blake Bortles is absolute garbage.

Second, Houston has 4 new starters on the offensive line..this isn't last year's line.. However despite last year's crappy line. Watson still had the #1 offense and #1 scoring offense in the entire league.. it's coming. Now throw in the fact that that Houston gets their premier defensive players back and their defensive coordinator that made them the #1 defense in the league (sorry Titans fans, but Vrabel absolutely sucks [BLEEP]) this division is in trouble. Smile

My God, y'all should of taken Mahomes or Watson and we would all be talking abouts a guaranteed  championship team right now, Bottles is absolute garbage. If Leonard Fornette goes down where the hell does that leave your crappy offense? Watson creates offense, Bortles sucks the life out of it.. trust me, he is the entire reason why the rest of this division feels like they have a chance..we aren't shaking, because we know Bortles absolutely sucks...y'all really do need to find a QB in the worst way.

I still can't believe how many people and (pundits) think they know what Watson is after 6 games.

Weird.

I'll reserve judgement, but I have a hunch the better defenses will force him to throw plenty of picks in 2018.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2018, 03:18 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(07-28-2018, 03:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I still can't believe how many people and (pundits) think they know what Watson is after 6 games.

Weird.

I'll reserve judgement, but I have a hunch the better defenses will force him to throw plenty of picks in 2018.

He's special and we've made the playoffs and have won this division with worse.. so he just needs to be north of crap (or Bortles) and we'll be fine. Smile So are y'all going to tell me that you wouldn't rather have a other QB? Championship style defense, crappy QB, been there and done that.. It doesn't work out.

(07-28-2018, 02:49 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 01:42 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Cowherd's entire basis of his argument rests on two people-Andrew Luck and DeShawn Watson.

The problem with him riding on Luck is twofold.

First, we don't know if he is healthy, or how efective he will be.  Tonight on NFLN he was interviewed and he still has a little pain in his shoulder.

After the interview, former scout Bucky Brooks and former GM Charlie Casserly indicated there was cause for concern.  Brooks focused on the lingering pain after all of his inactivity.  Casserly wondered about him changing his throwing motion at this stage of his career.  His return to 100% health is far from a given.

Furthermore, even when Luck was healthy, we have had success against him.  Even when we sucked mightily in 2015 and 2016, we managed splits with Luck led Colts teams.  Truth be told, weshould have swept them both of those years.  Now, we have a far more talented and better coached team than we had those two years, and compared to the Colts, we have a far more talented team.  I think a sweep of the Colts is probable.

As for Watson, yes he seems to have recovered from his ACL, but the presumption he will beat Jacksonville is a bit reactionary for a couple of reasons.  

First, when he played against us in week one, he was only 12-23 for a TD and 1 INT, and a fumble, and 4 sacks.  Those numbers were not great.  No the Texans didn't game plan for him, but neither did the Jags.

Secondly, the things that doomed the Texans against us last year are still problematic.  It is doubtful the Texans OL can block our pass rush enough to make Watson as effective as he was against other opponents.  That effect is magnified by our secondary.  If he is on his game, could he posesome problems? Sure.  But this defense has beaten some pretty good QBs, including Rivers, Big Ben, and Wilson.

I also think our offense is more capable of beating these two teams than we were before.  We canconsistently run the ball, and we have an OL that can pass protect.

Screw Cowherd and his lazy and biased analysis.

First, Deshaun Watson only played one single half against you.. with absolutely zero reps in practice.  Trust me, he's a issue for you and he's coming. He makes the entire "they took Clowney over Blake Bortles" look like a absolute joke right now.. you have a championship defense, but have crap at QB. Been there, done that..and it doesn't work. Blake Bortles is absolute garbage.

Second, Houston has 4 new starters on the offensive line..this isn't last year's line.. However despite last year's crappy line. Watson still had the #1 offense and #1 scoring offense in the entire league.. it's coming. Now throw in the fact that that Houston gets their premier defensive players back and their defensive coordinator that made them the #1 defense in the league (sorry Titans fans, but Vrabel absolutely sucks [BLEEP]) this division is in trouble. Smile

My God, y'all should of taken Mahomes or Watson and we would all be talking abouts a guaranteed  championship team right now, Bottles is absolute garbage. If Leonard Fornette goes down where the hell does that leave your crappy offense? Watson creates offense, Bortles sucks the life out of it.. trust me, he is the entire reason why the rest of this division feels like they have a chance..we aren't shaking, because we know Bortles absolutely sucks...y'all really do need to find a QB in the worst way.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to recall Bortles, that "crap" and "garbage" QB of ours, lighting up the Texans to the tune of 21-29, 326 yds 3 TDs and 0 INTs en route to a 45-7 win.

I also seem to recall Fournette missing three games last year-at Indy, vs. Cincinnati, and vs. Houston.  The team went 3-0, averaging 31.6 ppg in those games.

I also seem to recall Bortles being turnover free in three playoff games this year.

Yeah, you brought in new linemen.  Can they play?

The OL we brought in, Andrew Norwell, was All Pro.  Seantrel Henderson-one of your guys...?  Not so much.

Is Bortles a HOF QB?

Probably not.

But he isn't the garbage you say he is.

He's trash

(07-28-2018, 04:37 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: He's trash

Now your just trolling in hopes we send you trashcans.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-28-2018, 05:15 PM)copycat Wrote:

Wink

He is trash though

(07-28-2018, 03:10 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(07-28-2018, 03:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I still can't believe how many people and (pundits) think they know what Watson is after 6 games.

Weird.

He's special and we've made the playoffs and have won this division with worse.. so he just needs to be north of crap (or Bortles) and we'll be fine. Smile So are y'all going to tell me that you wouldn't rather have a other QB? Championship style defense, crappy QB, been there and done that.. It doesn't work out.
I wanted Mahomes. 

I've never been a Bortles believer, although he does seem to be stepping up his game to a mid-tier level in Hackett's offense, and that may be enough with the Jags' defense and run game. 

Watson did some things. I just haven't seen enough to deem him special. We'll see.

Hes way to high on the Colts, and probably a bit high on the Texans. But saying we fall to 8-8 isn't really that disrespectful IMO. It happened to us in '06, could happen again here. I still think we win the division, but I am looking forward to giving the Texans a nice beat down with Watson playing. And I am especially looking forward to the tacks. We better whoop them at least once this year (I will let them loaf if we have the division locked again in dec).

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(07-28-2018, 05:15 PM)copycat Wrote:

He'll need them for that O-Line.