Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Searcy on the O-Line

I'd give a very slight nod of Naeole over Manuwai. Both were better than Coleman.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-23-2018, 01:36 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(07-23-2018, 10:19 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: I know people hate hearing this. But i think Searcy not only was almost as good as Boselli, He was actually more important to the offenseive line. I know he was the RT, and in a normal offense the LT is the more important position. Why you might say because he portects the QB's Blindside. But the Jags QB was Mark Brunell Left Handed QB. Boselli did not potect his blind side Searcy did. If Boselli got beat Mark saw it and ran why no sacks from Boselli's LT [BLEEP]. But if searcy got beat bam Brunell took a hit and went down. Im not saying Boselli isnt a HOFer or one of the best LT to play the game. Just understand the postion he played to the QB who he protected. He was more dominant in the run game and shut down any pass rusher most the time but he basically was playing a RT while seacy was playing the  LT in tearms of protecting the QB blindside.

What I liked both about Boselli and Searcy were that they were bullies against elite pass rushers of their era, like Jason Taylor and Javon Kearse, who were rendered non-factors or even humiliated.

I agree. Also, Boselli completely owned Bruce Smith. Just drove him to the astro turf back in 1996 during that wildcard playoff game up in Buffalo. Boselli dominated Smith, who was a top 3 pass rusher during that time. But my favorite Boselli moment was on a Monday Night Football game and we scored, and Boselli back peddled all the way to the end zone and was waving Jason Taylor "to come on baby, come get some more"