Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Buffalo Wild Wings’ New Concept Features a 20-Tap Self-Serve Beer Wall

Buffalo Wild Wings’ New Concept Features a 20-Tap Self-Serve Beer Wall

Buffalo Wild Wings provides three simple things to diners: wings, beer, and sports. With more than 1,200 restaurants carrying its name, B-Dubs is testing a new concept that opened earlier this week. It basically cuts out one of those to get to the other two more quickly. 

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/bu...beer-sauce
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This sounds like a incredibly stupid idea.

(07-24-2018, 12:46 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: This sounds like a incredibly stupid idea.

On the contrary, it would be hilarious to see all the people who don't know how to operate a tap pour themselves a mug of foam.

If the local brewpub here did something like that, though, I would love a 4-5 oz taster glass and run down the line.

We have several places here that do that already. You prepay for a card and that card "unlocks" a beer tap so you can pour yourself. It stops at a given amount and it won't let the same card be used twice over a set period of time.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2018, 07:35 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

When I go to places like this and eat out in general..I enjoy the service, hell even enjoy the interaction with my waiter, waitress, and bartender. I don't like the fast food feeling this has.  I can't stand the "self-check out society" that we're turning into as I feel it hurts employees or employment opportunities at these type of companies and establishments. It's like going to the grocery store/Wal-Mart and seeing a god awful amount of check out lanes, but only seeing a couple of lanes open with 3 cashiers on a freaking shift. I remember a time when they used to have someone running almost all those lanes.

If my local B.W.W. does this..I'll simply take my money somewhere else..but hey, that's just me.

Unless this is a self pouring setup, I weep at the beer that will be wasted.

(07-25-2018, 07:44 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Unless this is a self pouring setup, I weep at the beer that will be wasted.

Speaking of which, I wonder what happened to the bottoms up style of taps?  They were awesome, no foam and full cup!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-25-2018, 07:48 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 07:44 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Unless this is a self pouring setup, I weep at the beer that will be wasted.

Speaking of which, I wonder what happened to the bottoms up style of taps?  They were awesome, no foam and full cup!

Don't they still use that in pretty much every stadium. Much easier for vendors instead of teaching people how to properly use a beer tap.

(07-25-2018, 09:08 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 07:48 AM)copycat Wrote: Speaking of which, I wonder what happened to the bottoms up style of taps?  They were awesome, no foam and full cup!

Don't they still use that in pretty much every stadium. Much easier for vendors instead of teaching people how to properly use a beer tap.

Can't speak for the entire stadium but they were AWOL the last two seasons in the North Endzone.  Back to the old style taps and no new cup magnets to hang on my beer fridge.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-24-2018, 07:32 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: When I go to places like this and eat out in general..I enjoy the service, hell even enjoy the interaction with my waiter, waitress, and bartender. I don't like the fast food feeling this has.  I can't stand the "self-check out society" that we're turning into as I feel it hurts employees or employment opportunities at these type of companies and establishments. It's like going to the grocery store/Wal-Mart and seeing a god awful amount of check out lanes, but only seeing a couple of lanes open with 3 cashiers on a freaking shift. I remember a time when they used to have someone running almost all those lanes.

If my local B.W.W. does this..I'll simply take my money somewhere else..but hey, that's just me.

A beer wall ain't gonna make me start going there, that's for sure.

Agree with you wholeheartedly on the human service.  I still opt to walk in and speak with our bank tellers, too.

(07-24-2018, 07:32 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: When I go to places like this and eat out in general..I enjoy the service, hell even enjoy the interaction with my waiter, waitress, and bartender. I don't like the fast food feeling this has.  I can't stand the "self-check out society" that we're turning into as I feel it hurts employees or employment opportunities at these type of companies and establishments. It's like going to the grocery store/Wal-Mart and seeing a god awful amount of check out lanes, but only seeing a couple of lanes open with 3 cashiers on a freaking shift. I remember a time when they used to have someone running almost all those lanes.

Dude I'd rather serve myself. I can absolutely count on myself. 

Went to Ruby Tuesday for lunch yesterday....
"Umm, yes mam, I would like to have the salad bar, and some sliders.

Ok sir, would you like fries with that?

"No man, no thank you, maybe a soup instead"

Ok sir I will have that right out..

××Comes out with plate of French fries and sliders, and said to me ""anything else I can get you""