Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

(06-26-2019, 09:27 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Now AOC is championing a protest by a furniture supplier in Boston.  Their employees are refusing to assemble beds that will be used in the detention centers near the border.  The migrant children will be sleeping on cold floors so the SJWs can virtue-signal and then pretend Trump is the reason for the lack of beds.

My girl Liz Warren is also backing the protest.

Don't worry, Halliburton will find a new vendor for those steel cots. It'll only cost us $105,000 per bed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-26-2019, 09:27 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Now AOC is championing a protest by a furniture supplier in Boston.  Their employees are refusing to assemble beds that will be used in the detention centers near the border.  The migrant children will be sleeping on cold floors so the SJWs can virtue-signal and then pretend Trump is the reason for the lack of beds.

All that protest tells me is that there will be plenty of job openings at Wayfair shortly.  If I was a manager at the plant and workers walked out I would make it clear that the only reason for them to come back is to do termination paperwork.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-26-2019, 02:21 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Don't worry, Halliburton will find a new vendor for those steel cots. It'll only cost us $105,000 per bed.

Halliburton?

(06-26-2019, 03:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 02:21 PM)TJBender Wrote: Don't worry, Halliburton will find a new vendor for those steel cots. It'll only cost us $105,000 per bed.

Halliburton?

They seem to have their hand in every Homeland Insecurity or military budget overrun there is.

(06-26-2019, 02:21 PM)TJBender Wrote:

I don't think that you understand what exactly Halliburton does.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-26-2019, 04:30 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 02:21 PM)TJBender Wrote: Don't worry, Halliburton will find a new vendor for those steel cots. It'll only cost us $105,000 per bed.

I don't think that you understand what exactly Halliburton does.

Global Logistics, like UPS even!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-26-2019, 04:11 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 03:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Halliburton?

They seem to have their hand in every Homeland Insecurity or military budget overrun there is.

Since we’re going full on trite here...The 90s Democrats called, they want their buzzword back.

Concentration camps huh? Crowded, maybe, but let's get a grip and stop pandering to the emotions of those that aren't willing to think for themselves. AOC traveled to a border detention facility wearing all white and Gucci for a photo op, nothing more. Boycotting Wayfair? Really. When did Wayfair and throw away furniture become synonymous with steel cots? This is all stupid.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

[Image: 3ngp1a.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The Squad has been kind of quiet lately. I guess Omar is busy marrying her brother.

This is a real tweet from an elected congresswoman with 412k likes and 80k retweets. Our grandchildren are doomed.

"Billionaires need the working class.

The working class does not need billionaires."

(08-09-2020, 01:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This is a real tweet from an elected congresswoman with 412k likes and 80k retweets. Our grandchildren are doomed.

Did anyone ask her who's name is on that paycheck?

(08-09-2020, 01:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This is a real tweet from an elected congresswoman with 412k likes and 80k retweets. Our grandchildren are doomed.

(08-09-2020, 02:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Did anyone ask her who's name is on that paycheck?

They want 1 billionaire, them, the government. Then they will give money out to their leadership to create a few more billionaires.

LOL.  It would be interesting to see what would happen if all "billionaires" shut down their respective businesses and investment for a couple of weeks.

(08-09-2020, 04:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

LOL.  It would be interesting to see what would happen if all "billionaires" shut down their respective businesses and investment for a couple of weeks.

Total confiscatory taxation would be the first unanimous legislation to pass in recent memory.

(08-09-2020, 04:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

They can't do that. 
their wealth is all tied up in publicly traded companies, and they don't have total control over the board of directors...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-09-2020, 05:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 04:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  It would be interesting to see what would happen if all "billionaires" shut down their respective businesses and investment for a couple of weeks.

They can't do that. 
their wealth is all tied up in publicly traded companies, and they don't have total control over the board of directors...

Have you ever heard of foreign stock exchanges?

(08-09-2020, 07:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 05:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: They can't do that. 

Have you ever heard of foreign stock exchanges?

I have heard of them. How do you think they would change the scenario?

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2020, 09:00 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(08-09-2020, 08:36 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 07:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Have you ever heard of foreign stock exchanges?

I have heard of them. How do you think they would change the scenario?

How would billionaires rebalancing their portfolios change the scenario? Quite significantly.

Just so we are clear. Do you agree with AOC? Simple yes or no answer

(08-09-2020, 08:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 08:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: I have heard of them. How do you think they would change the scenario?

How would billionaires rebalancing their portfolios change the scenario? Quite significantly.

Just so we are clear. Do you agree with AOC? Simple yes or no answer

I don't think I need billionaires. 
My boss isn't one.  Our clients aren't billionaires.
Now, we've worked on some billion-dollar projects like cruise ships and theme parks - but both of those are owned by corporations.  You don't "need" a billionaire to start a corporation.  You can recruit 1,000 millionaires as investors and it's all the same.  
Now, none of that means billionaires are "bad".  They're dangerous.   They could find private armies and take over parts of the world.  But they haven't, so far.
So, she's technically right about this, but she's saying it to fire up people's animal instincts, for and against her, and position herself as the person who will "do something" even though in reality nothing can be done.