Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

(09-19-2021, 01:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: AOC's 'Tax the rich' dress designer owes tax debt in multiple states | Fox Business

...The company got into a deeper hole with the feds. Between April 2018 and April 2019, the Internal Revenue Service placed six federal liens on Cultural Brokerage Agency totaling $103,220. The liens specifically cite the company’s failure to remit employee payroll taxes.

The IRS declined to comment on their current status.

"Just because they take it out of your paycheck doesn’t mean they’re sending it to the government," David Cenedella, a Baruch College taxation lecturer explained after reviewing the liens...

Now that’s funny! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 06:48 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 3 times in total.)

(09-19-2021, 10:43 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 10:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know that I agree with that.   I consume a lot of what you would probably call "mainstream media" or "leftwing media," for example the New York Times and the Washington Post, and all they do in regards to her is straight reporting.   "She said this" or "she did that."  I don't see them ever supporting her in any way.  In fact, the very negative opinion I have of her is based on information from those types of sources, so, in my opinion, what they are reporting is in no way "supportive."

I do not get the opportunity to read either of those because they're behind a pay wall, but AOC is the least of their bias problems. I do know broadcast media fawns over her, especially when she points her barbs towards Republicans. 

Has the NYT or WaPo mentioned anything about her dress designer?

I concede your point that the NY Times leans to the left, particularly in their opinion pieces, but your point seems to be "They don't criticize her enough" or in this case, "They don't criticize her dressmaker enough" which you interpret as bias on their part.  Perhaps they don't see her the way you do, but I wouldn't call it particularly supportive.   I guess my point is, they haven't been supportive enough to change my mind about her.

Who cares? The truth is that whether or not MSM supports her, they definitely use her to mobilize her braindead followers, which is what HB was saying.

Most of these major media newspapers and stations support the status quo. They enable the rich to get richer at the expense of the middle class. They prop up the corporate class. Of course they aren't going to support AOC, the same way they don't support Bernie or Ron Paul or Trump. Anything that is outside of the establishment is bad. That doesn't mean they don't use her. When it's convenient, they will empower her message. When it's not, she will disappear. She is a useful idiot.

People who still use MSM as their primary news source are among the most misinformed.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2022, 11:35 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 4 times in total.)

And they called Trump a narcissist. Takes one to know one I guess.

She thinks she's hot but she's not. Whatever she might have going physically, she runs into the ground and then some with snarkiness, self-centeredness and hubris. And she's heading down the route of her Greek mythology counterpart. Can't happen soon enough.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...skless.Yea
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

This gives hope to all ugly dudes with ugly feet.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez filmed maskless at packed Florida bar
AOC has faced criticism for vacationing in Florida while New York faces a record surge in COVID-19

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., was recorded without a mask in a densely packed bar in Miami, according to footage that emerged Sunday.

The large crowd at the drag bar, most of whom were also without a mask, applauded the congresswoman as she waved to them, as first reported by Florida's Conservative Voice

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-ale...lorida-bar
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(01-02-2022, 10:05 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez filmed maskless at packed Florida bar
AOC has faced criticism for vacationing in Florida while New York faces a record surge in COVID-19

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., was recorded without a mask in a densely packed bar in Miami, according to footage that emerged Sunday.

The large crowd at the drag bar, most of whom were also without a mask, applauded the congresswoman as she waved to them, as first reported by Florida's Conservative Voice

You might not be aware, but drag bars are pretty popular with girls her age.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-02-2022, 11:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 10:05 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez filmed maskless at packed Florida bar

You might not be aware, but drag bars are pretty popular with girls her age.

What's up with that?

(01-03-2022, 09:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 11:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You might not be aware, but drag bars are pretty popular with girls her age.

What's up with that?

I really dont know. I have an SIL about her age and she and all her girlfriends eat that [BLEEP] up.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Didn't she also say that any man who criticizes her secretly wants to date her? Funny if true.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 08:37 PM by The Drifter.)

(01-03-2022, 08:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: Didn't she also say that any man who criticizes her secretly wants to date her? Funny if true.

Well, I don't like her personality, or her looks however..... I would take a Lewenski from her... that way I wouldn't have to look at her face or hear her running her mouth........ LOL
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(01-03-2022, 08:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 08:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: Didn't she also say that any man who criticizes her secretly wants to date her? Funny if true.

Well, I don't like her personality, or her looks however..... I would take a Lewenski from her... that way I wouldn't have to look at her face or hear her running her mouth........ LOL

My father was fond of saying "I wouldn't kick her out of bed..." I try to be a little more respectful of women.  But if AOC herself is going to publicly discuss her looks and dating prospects, sure, let's talk about that.  I think she's got a great body and an OK face.  I dated at least one girl with her personality type, maybe two.  Outgoing but always had to prove she was smarter than everyone else.

(01-02-2022, 10:05 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez filmed maskless at packed Florida bar

If this had been a Republican or Joe Manchin going to a drag bar, this would be in the news cycle 24/7.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-03-2022, 10:35 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

If this had been a Republican or Joe Manchin going to a drag bar, this would be in the news cycle 24/7.

Well der!!

It would be strange to see a conservative in a drag bar.

(01-03-2022, 11:07 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 10:35 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: If this had been a Republican or Joe Manchin going to a drag bar, this would be in the news cycle 24/7.

Well der!!

Yep. AOC not so much. I doubt you'd see Omar there though. Unless she has a freak flag we don't know about. That girl is so uptight she squeaks when she walks.

(01-03-2022, 09:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 08:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Well, I don't like her personality, or her looks however..... I would take a Lewenski from her... that way I wouldn't have to look at her face or hear her running her mouth........ LOL

My father was fond of saying "I wouldn't kick her out of bed..." I try to be a little more respectful of women.  But if AOC herself is going to publicly discuss her looks and dating prospects, sure, let's talk about that.  I think she's got a great body and an OK face.  I dated at least one girl with her personality type, maybe two.  Outgoing but always had to prove she was smarter than everyone else.

I can see why that relationship didn't take off.

(01-04-2022, 10:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 09:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: My father was fond of saying "I wouldn't kick her out of bed..." I try to be a little more respectful of women.  But if AOC herself is going to publicly discuss her looks and dating prospects, sure, let's talk about that.  I think she's got a great body and an OK face.  I dated at least one girl with her personality type, maybe two.  Outgoing but always had to prove she was smarter than everyone else.

Exactly! There's only room for one.

(01-04-2022, 10:46 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 11:07 PM)captivating Wrote: Well der!!

Yep. AOC not so much. I doubt you'd see Omar there though. Unless she has a freak flag we don't know about. That girl is so uptight she squeaks when she walks.

Yea, cause she's a Muslim. She might go Pulse nightclub on a drag bar. of course, it is rumoured that she married her brother.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 04:44 PM by Jags.)

(01-03-2022, 09:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 08:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Well, I don't like her personality, or her looks however..... I would take a Lewenski from her... that way I wouldn't have to look at her face or hear her running her mouth........ LOL

Opposites attract.  I can see how it didn’t work out for you two.

(01-03-2022, 09:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: My father was fond of saying "I wouldn't kick her out of bed..." I try to be a little more respectful of women.  But if AOC herself is going to publicly discuss her looks and dating prospects, sure, let's talk about that.  I think she's got a great body and an OK face.  I dated at least one girl with her personality type, maybe two.  Outgoing but always had to prove she was smarter than everyone else.

Damn it.  Beat to it. Well done

Slow clap

Bravo