Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CrossFit Games anyone?

CrossFit Games 

Does anyone here follow CrossFit and the Games? The athletes are gathering in Madison, WI as we speak. 

I'm hoping Sara Sigmundsdottir will win and someone will beat Mat Fraser. The women's competitions are always a battle. The point spread for the top three has been tight. The winner had 994 points, second place had 992 points and third had 964. 

On the men's side the winner had 1132 points, second place had 916 and third had 792. I want Josh Bridges to unseat Fraser from the top but I don't know that anyone can beat Fraser. No one could beat Rich Froning. The only reason Fraser wins now is because Froning stopped competing in individuals. It's possible Fraser could beat Froning now but we'll never know.

I never really paid attention to it all until I watched the 2008 Games on Netflix back in 2016. It got me interested and we started to follow it. We watched the Games last year and found it to be pretty interesting. I like the idea of functional fitness. Hopefully next year I can get back into the gym and start getting conditioned and fit again. Just have to get through and recover from surgery I'll hopefully be scheduled for soon.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jumping into a "sport" that has a higher injury rate than the NFL while coming off an injury... good luck.

There are a lot better "functional conditioning" options than the dangerous crap they spew out at those gyms.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-24-2018, 07:38 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Jumping into a "sport" that has a higher injury rate than the NFL while coming off an injury... good luck.

There are a lot better "functional conditioning" options than the dangerous crap they spew out at those gyms.

I wouldn't go to their gym, I would be taking some of the stuff they do and safely incorporate it into my own routine. There is a section at my gym for all the folks who can't afford the CrossFit gym or do want to train to better standards in functional fitness. 

I enjoy watching the Games every year just to see what events have been programmed and how the athletes compete.

CossFit always seems super dangerous to me. Seems like an accident waiting to happen.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-24-2018, 04:09 PM)Dimson Wrote: CossFit always seems super dangerous to me. Seems like an accident waiting to happen.

It is.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 03:47 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

In all honesty, I'll most likely be dead within 35 years so I'm going to defer on any cross-fit activities and focus on the things l love to do.

[Image: 2_11.jpg]

I watch real sports... not people trying to be the best at exercise
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

In all seriousness, if they would remove the strength and balance factors from the cross-fit games, I'd give it a shot.