Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Vrabel sucks and I warned y'all..

(10-24-2018, 08:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  This thread has turned into comedy gold.  Carry on tack and tinhorn.

I'm glad that you're entertained.. I'm trying to bring this forum back to what it once was when it was one of the best forums in the AFC South.

It's good to have a central location where all AFC South fans can B.S.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-24-2018, 11:29 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 08:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  This thread has turned into comedy gold.  Carry on tack and tinhorn.

I'm glad that you're entertained.. I'm trying to bring this forum back to what it once was when it was one of the best forums in the AFC South.

I agree. 

Hopefully you'll keep this job for the rest of the season and find time to check in! 

Banana Tongue

In all seriousness - I can't figure out what to make of Vrabel - but my gut feeling is that he's a bit suspect as a head coach. Maybe in over his head a little bit.  We'll see. 

This division is a bit of a crap-fest lately.  Should be interesting to see who overcomes injuries and some ugly losses to finish strong in November/December. Some interesting divisional re-matches looming as well.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2018, 02:52 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(10-25-2018, 10:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 11:29 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: I'm glad that you're entertained.. I'm trying to bring this forum back to what it once was when it was one of the best forums in the AFC South.

I agree. 

Hopefully you'll keep this job for the rest of the season and find time to check in! 

Banana Tongue

In all seriousness - I can't figure out what to make of Vrabel - but my gut feeling is that he's a bit suspect as a head coach. Maybe in over his head a little bit.  We'll see. 

This division is a bit of a crap-fest lately.  Should be interesting to see who overcomes injuries and some ugly losses to finish strong in November/December. Some interesting divisional re-matches looming as well.

Just to note.. Bill O'Brien sucks too... let me go on record with that.

(10-24-2018, 10:05 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 06:52 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: No one is asking for an explanation, it's plain as day what happened.

Deny 'til you die  Laughing

Then why didn't I come back and gloat when we were already tied for 1st place and when J.J. Watt led the league in sacks after so SOO many people (including you I think) said that he was done? If you think that I was just ducking (look at my avatar) why didn't I post when all of that happened?

Also.. I like to let seasons play out before I talk crap about predictions made, that way I don't end up looking like a moron like so many people that flipped out over the first couple of weeks did here.

Why would you gloat about being tied for 1st when the tie is with the coach you're claiming sucks? That doesn't even make sense. 

I don't think I've ever posted about Watt let alone recently, and I would venture you didn't come back because this thread has been hanging over your head at the top of the AFCS page since week 2. The plate of crow sat so long it's been stinking up the place. 

But oddly the second (almost literally) you had all the leverage again you were sure back.

You do you man - just realize we all noticed.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2018, 04:42 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(10-25-2018, 10:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 11:29 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: I'm glad that you're entertained.. I'm trying to bring this forum back to what it once was when it was one of the best forums in the AFC South.

I agree. 

Banana Tongue

Still waiting to see how vrabel pans out also. Watt homer (who finally got his old job back so he could start posting again) claims i love vrabel about as much as he hates him (still butthurt). But in fact, i was just so done with mularkey, and the addition of some new young forward thinking coaches excited me. Now we getting to see what mary can do with a new staff. (Same old mary, up and down)

Vrabel and his "aggressive" style had alot of people (myself included) praising him thru the first few games. Mostly because he could pull it back and be ultra conservative when needed (see the tacks embarrasing the texans and sending watt homer on a month of job hunting to keep his mind occupied, only to then start logging on and reading posts but still not able to make any posts for himself until his texans pulled into first place so it would seem as all his offseason talk was legit when in fact the texans are just the least damaged team in the division at the moment)

Kinda glad vrabels gamble backfired in london. ( thought either way the chargers would use the last 30 seconds with 2 timeouts to win the game before overtime) so maybe vrabels learned him some kinda lesson that may help him as he continues to learn on the fly to be a nfl head coach
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(10-25-2018, 04:08 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 10:05 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Then why didn't I come back and gloat when we were already tied for 1st place and when J.J. Watt led the league in sacks after so SOO many people (including you I think) said that he was done? If you think that I was just ducking (look at my avatar) why didn't I post when all of that happened?

Also.. I like to let seasons play out before I talk crap about predictions made, that way I don't end up looking like a moron like so many people that flipped out over the first couple of weeks did here.

Why would you gloat about being tied for 1st when the tie is with the coach you're claiming sucks? That doesn't even make sense. 

I don't think I've ever posted about Watt let alone recently, and I would venture you didn't come back because this thread has been hanging over your head at the top of the AFCS page since week 2. The plate of crow sat so long it's been stinking up the place. 

But oddly the second (almost literally) you had all the leverage again you were sure back.

You do you man - just realize we all noticed.

Actually I'm the one that was saying Watt was done.  I'm impressed he was able to come back the way he has.  A back injury (I know the leg was more recent) is generally the end of the line for an offensive or defensive lineman.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Vrabel got ahead of himself last week. But this Titans teams looks better than last year.

Should really be 4-3 instead of 3-4

(10-25-2018, 04:34 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(10-25-2018, 10:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I agree. 

Banana Tongue

Still waiting to see how vrabel pans out also. Watt homer (who finally got his old job back so he could start posting again) claims i love vrabel about as much as he hates him (still butthurt). But in fact, i was just so done with mularkey, and the addition of some new young forward thinking coaches excited me. Now we getting to see what mary can do with a new staff. (Same old mary, up and down)

Vrabel and his "aggressive" style had alot of people (myself included) praising him thru the first few games. Mostly because he could pull it back and be ultra conservative when needed (see the tacks embarrasing the texans and sending watt homer on a month of job hunting to keep his mind occupied, only to then start logging on and reading posts but still not able to make any posts for himself until his texans pulled into first place so it would seem as all his offseason talk was legit when in fact the texans are just the least damaged team in the division at the moment)

Kinda glad vrabels gamble backfired in london. ( thought either way the chargers would use the last 30 seconds with 2 timeouts to win the game before overtime) so maybe vrabels learned him some kinda lesson that may help him as he continues to learn on the fly to be a nfl head coach

I think Vrabels aggressive style worked well as a LB coach where you need to be aggressive....he definitely excelled at that position.
I think he needs to get a little more cerebral when it comes to being a head coach.

(10-28-2018, 08:22 PM)TackHammer56 Wrote:
(10-25-2018, 04:34 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Still waiting to see how vrabel pans out also. Watt homer (who finally got his old job back so he could start posting again) claims i love vrabel about as much as he hates him (still butthurt). But in fact, i was just so done with mularkey, and the addition of some new young forward thinking coaches excited me. Now we getting to see what mary can do with a new staff. (Same old mary, up and down)

I think Vrabels aggressive style worked well as a LB coach where you need to be aggressive....he definitely excelled at that position.
I think he needs to get a little more cerebral when it comes to being a head coach.

Agree with this. But I really love this kind of coaching style. I was sick of "play not to lose" instead of "play to win" football that Tennessee has missed for the last 15 years with horrible coaches.

(10-29-2018, 08:04 PM)YourFather Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 08:22 PM)TackHammer56 Wrote:   I think Vrabels aggressive style worked well as a LB coach where you need to be aggressive....he definitely excelled at that position.

Agree with this. But I really love this kind of coaching style. I was sick of "play not to lose" instead of "play to win" football that Tennessee has missed for the last 15 years with horrible coaches.

I agree also. Think vrabel knows this as well. He's got his cerebral guy up in the booth

(10-30-2018, 07:26 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(10-29-2018, 08:04 PM)YourFather Wrote: Agree with this. But I really love this kind of coaching style. I was sick of "play not to lose" instead of "play to win" football that Tennessee has missed for the last 15 years with horrible coaches.

I agree also. Think vrabel knows this as well. He's got his cerebral guy up in the booth

Does Vrabel handle the play calling?

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 03:37 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

Hey watt, the Titans are the #1 defense (points). Didnt you say for us to prepare to be scored on.. alot?