Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Favorite Video Games Per System/Console

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2018, 02:09 PM by Bullseye.)

Saw an ad for the old Atari Flashback, and in that particular package, they had a ton of Activision games, including my favorite-Decathalon. If I ever decided to buy this retro system, that would be the game that would be the tipping point.   That got me thinking about my favorite games per system owned.  Here's my list...

Arcade (though obviously I never owned actual arcade games...):  Punch Out, Tecmo Bowl, Mario Brothers
Atari 2600-Pitfall, Enduro, Decathalon
Intellivision-NFL Football; NBA Basketball
Commodore 64:  Barry McGuigan World Championship Boxing-first game I could ever recall where you had to develop your player-in this case your boxer; Decathalon; Jumpman; Impossible Mission; Dr. J vs. Larry Bird
Nintendo:  Super mario bros.; Golgo 13; Wizardry; Super Tecmo Bowl; Double dribble

Sega Genesis:  X-Men; Mortal Combat; Shinobi; Any Madden game; 
PS2:  Guitar hero 3, any Madden Game; Hitman:  GTA III
PS3:  Marvel Ultimate Alliance; Batman Arkham Asylum; Far Cry 3; NCAA Basketball; NCAA Football; any Madden Game; The Last of Us; Uncharted
PS4:  Witcher 3; The Last of Us; any Madden game; Uncharted Series
PC:  The original Fallout;  Leisure Suit Larry series; Sanitarium; Front Page Sports Football '97; Starcraft

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 01:42 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

I'm a video game nerd so...

Arcade: Pacman (Yes, I own a pacman arcade.  It was a gift from my father-in-law to me and my wife)

Atari 2600: Enduro, River Raid, Space Invaders, Centipede, Barnstroming

Nintendo Entertainment System: Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, Crystalis, Mega Man 2, Mike Tyson's Punchout!!

Super Nintendo: Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Pastm Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Mario Kart

Nintendo 64: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Snowboard Kids 2, Harvest Moon 64, Super Smash Bros, Perfect Dark

Gamecube: Tales of Symphonia, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Mario Kart: Double Dash

Wii: Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Wii Sports, Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility

WiiU: Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario 3D World

Switch: Super Mario Oddysey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Tennis Aces, Stardew Valley

Gameboy/Color: Pokemon Red, Pokemon Silver,

Gameboy Advance: Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, Pokemon Emerald, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Breath of Fire 2

DS: Final Fantasy IV DS, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations, Phoenix WRight: Ace Attorney, Pokemon Soul Silver, Dragon Quest V

3DS: Persona Q, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y, Story of Seasons; Trio of Towns

Sega Genesis: Wonder Boy In Monster World, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Battletoads, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Decap Attack

Playstation: Suikoden 2, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the night, Harvest Moon: Back to Nature, Final Fantasy Tactics

Playstation 2: Persona 4, Suikoden V, Tales of the Abyss, Persona 3, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Playstation 3: Red Dead Redemption, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Uncharted 2, The Last of Us, Final Fantasy X

Playstation 4: Grand Theft Auto V, Persona 5, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Fallout 4, Tales of Berseria

XBOX 360: Mass Effect 2, Tales of Vesperia, Mass Effect 2, Saint's Row 2, Mass Effect 3

Dang...I thought I owned a bunch of systems. ?

I wonder if Activision has given any thought to re doing some of the old 2600 games for current systems. It would be cool to see an updated version of Enduro for the PS4.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2018, 12:17 PM by Best84.)

Sega Genesis-Mortal Kombat, Playstation 2- Grand Tourism, Xbox 360-Halo 3/Gears2/Lost Planet 2/Borderlands 2, Xbox One X-MHW/Warframe/PvZ GW

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2018, 10:16 AM by Caldrac.)

Been playing since at least 1992 when I was roughly three or four years old.

Nintendo Entertainment System: Contra
Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
Sega Genesis: Sonic The Hedgehog
Sega CD: Sewer Shark (My dad loved the hell out of this game back in the day)
Sony Playstation: Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (This was very, very hard to narrow down because I also wore out two of these consoles and two discs for Final Fantasy Tactics and I enjoyed the hell out of Tekken and Final Fantasy VII - IX along with the Diablo port from Blizzard with my dad)
Sega Saturn: Virtua Cop II
Nintendo 64: Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
Sega Dreamcast: Skies Of Arcadia (Really had to narrow it down here too. Grandia II was great on this system as was Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver and there's also this game called Record of Lodoss War which was similar to Diablo)
Sony Playstation 2: Everquest Online Adventures
Xbox: Fable
Sony Playstation 3: Skyrim
Xbox 360: Fallout 3
Sony Playstation 4: Fallout 4
PC: Skyrim (God I love mods and the modding community!)
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-28-2018, 10:13 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Been playing since at least 1992 when I was roughly three or four years old.

Sony Playstation: Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (This was very, very hard to narrow down because I also wore out two of these consoles and two discs for Final Fantasy Tactics and I enjoyed the hell out of Tekken and Final Fantasy VII - IX along with the Diablo port from Blizzard with my dad)
Sega Dreamcast: Skies Of Arcadia (Really had to narrow it down here too. Grandia II was great on this system as was Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver and there's also this game called Record of Lodoss War which was similar to Diablo)

Link to the Past one of my all time favs.
And obviously Ocarina of Time might be the best of the franchise.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2018, 12:45 PM by Kane.)

Arcade: Marvel VS Capcom 2
Atari 2600: Frogger
NES:  Final Fantasy
SNES: Chrono Trigger
N64: Ocarina of Time
Sega Genesis: Streets of Rage
PS: Worms Armageddon 
PS2:  Final Fantasy X
PS3:  COD: Black Ops
PS4:  COD: WW2
PC:  DOOM

I went with the game that I most enjoyed or really remember playing over and over. Went with what first popped into my head without thinking into it too much.
There are obvious games like Madden that could go in anywhere but I was thinking non sports genre for the most part. Once we get into newer generations of gaming, pretty much all I do is sports and FPS (and the occasional Rockstar GTA type)
Want to give a quick nod to Mutant League Football/Hockey on SEGA though. I didn't play a lot of Sega (you'll notice I omit Dreamcast, game gear, etc) but when I did Mutant League was one of my go-to's. They also had a cartoon series.

(08-29-2018, 12:34 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 10:13 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Been playing since at least 1992 when I was roughly three or four years old.

Link to the Past one of my all time favs.

It's a great series. It's had a few flops here and there but the gems they did produce over the years should ultimately hold up strong over time.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Oh boy, all time favorites are hard.

Arcade: X Men

Atari: I only played a basketball game...

NES: Batman: Return of the Joker

SNES: Super Mario RPG

Sega: Earthworm Jim

Gameboy: Any Pokemon (red was my first)

N64: Zelda Ocarina of Time (Goldeneye close)

PSX: Can't choose between Tony Hawk or Final Fantasy VII, probably Tony Hawk.

PS2: Star Ocean Til the End of Time

Gamecube: Resident Evil 4

XBOX: Halo 2

PS3: The Last of Us

Xbox 360: oh boy.... Alan Wake probably

Xbox One: Witcher 3

PS4: Uncharted 4 (favorite all time)
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

PC: Red Alert 2 all day long
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-29-2018, 02:04 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 12:34 PM)Kane Wrote: Link to the Past one of my all time favs.

It's a great series. It's had a few flops here and there but the gems they did produce over the years should ultimately hold up strong over time.

Lucky for me the flops came on systems I didn't play. Or after I had kinda grown out of the franchise. By the time Twilight Princess came out... I was pretty much done with Zelda (and nintendo in general).
The newest Zelda game has me slightly intrigued however. With it's Skyrim esque open world style.

(08-29-2018, 05:58 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Oh boy, all time favorites are hard.

Duuuude you got some good ones....
Super Mario RPG is a waaaay underrated game imo. Combining classic Mario and classic RPG platform.... sure wish they'd do another... that'd bring me back to Nintendo for sure...
Also.... Star Ocean is a great RPG franchise. Ahead of its time, imo, for how it went about battles and how choices could change and affect not just the ending but how characters interacted.

I still remember playing Star Ocean The Second Story over and over so many moons ago.

(08-31-2018, 11:45 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 05:58 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Oh boy, all time favorites are hard.

Duuuude you got some good ones....
Super Mario RPG is a waaaay underrated game imo. Combining classic Mario and classic RPG platform.... sure wish they'd do another... that'd bring me back to Nintendo for sure...
Also.... Star Ocean is a great RPG franchise. Ahead of its time, imo, for how it went about battles and how choices could change and affect not just the ending but how characters interacted.

I still remember playing Star Ocean The Second Story over and over so many moons ago.

Mario RPG is still one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

Star Ocean was awesome. I just realized they put the remastered "Till the End of Time" on the PS store  

Another underappreciated game was Dark Cloud 2. 

Sadly I don't think I'll ever see my dream of a legit Bethesda style DBZ, open world, RPG
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS