Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Michael Cohen pleads guilty, say Trump directed him to commit the crimes

Why is it okay to bash pence for his beliefs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2018, 08:31 PM by Cleatwood.)

(08-22-2018, 08:12 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Why is it okay to bash pence for his beliefs.
If your belief is that not everyone deserves equal rights, then yea, you should be bashed.

At one point he believed women shouldn’t be in the military. Same sex marriage would bring a societal collapse. At one point, he wanted to put money into conversion therapy for people who were gay.

He sounds like a great guy.

I'm not going to re-litigate the gay marriage debate. I don't think Mike pence or even the staunchest social conservative would advocate for the reversal of gay marriage.

Conversely, some proponents of Gay Marriage are actively destroying the lives of bakery owners and service providers who respectfully choose not to violate their core beliefs. Respect for everyone is a two way street. Wild accusations and demonizing people who disagree with u doesn't advance that cause.

(08-22-2018, 08:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 08:12 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Why is it okay to bash pence for his beliefs.
If your belief is that not everyone deserves equal rights, then yea, you should be bashed.

At one point he believed women shouldn’t be in the military. Same sex marriage would bring a societal collapse. At one point, he wanted to put money into conversion therapy for people who were gay.

Hitler would have just killed the gays instead of attempting to convert them back to heterosexuality so Mike Pence is looking like a very compassionate great guy in the eyes of some.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2018, 06:45 AM by The Real Marty.)

Geez, what a weird question.  Aren't we in the United States of America, where one of our top hobbies is arguing about our beliefs?

(08-22-2018, 08:59 PM)jj82284 Wrote: I'm not going to re-litigate the gay marriage debate.  I don't think Mike pence or even the staunchest social conservative would advocate for the reversal of gay marriage.

Conversely, some proponents of Gay Marriage are actively destroying the lives of bakery owners and service providers who respectfully choose not to violate their core beliefs.  Respect for everyone is a two way street.  Wild accusations and demonizing people who disagree with u doesn't advance that cause.

Geez, another weird statement.  Isn't that what we do all day right here in this message board?   Make wild accusations and demonize people we disagree with?

(08-23-2018, 06:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Geez, what a weird question.  Aren't we in the United States of America, where one of our top hobbies is arguing about our beliefs?

(08-22-2018, 08:59 PM)jj82284 Wrote: I'm not going to re-litigate the gay marriage debate.  I don't think Mike pence or even the staunchest social conservative would advocate for the reversal of gay marriage.

Conversely, some proponents of Gay Marriage are actively destroying the lives of bakery owners and service providers who respectfully choose not to violate their core beliefs.  Respect for everyone is a two way street.  Wild accusations and demonizing people who disagree with u doesn't advance that cause.

Geez, another weird statement.  Isn't that what we do all day right here in this message board?   Make wild accusations and demonize people we disagree with?

This is on point! People on this board attempt to use false equivalency daily to make their point, no matter how ridiculous.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-22-2018, 08:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Plus when the HIV outbreak occurred in Indiana where he was governor, Pence was against the clean needle exchange program which could have slowed down the outbreak. It took the county sheriff, state and federal health officials to help change his mind.

He then used “Obamacare” Affordable care Act to help haut the outbreak. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/m...hiv-235153
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(08-22-2018, 07:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 05:49 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I"m just wondering at what point the liberals will realize they really don't want Pence in office as POTUS. If Trump were to be thrown out of office it would be not too long after when they figure it out. Trump is a loudmouth fool (who has done some good, yes, but still a loudmouth fool) who isn't really a Republican out to take away all the things the liberals said he was going to do. Pence? That man is a hardcore neo-con Bible-thumping Republican who would throw everything the liberals have now back to the stone age. Specifically LGBTQ rights and anything else he perceives as "of the devil". 

I do not want that man in office more than I don't want Trump there. I may not agree with many of the LGBTQ views or whatever you want to call it, but equal rights means equal for all even if we don't agree with it.
Wait... I thought Pence was a great guy? Several people on here applauded Pence as VP.....

As VP... yeah sure.
As POTUS? Nah man lol Too far right. Trump is actually very moderate. Pence helps bring in some far righties that don't like how close Trump is with some far lefties (or has been before rather).

It'd be like if Tim Ryan ran with Bernie as his VP. Bernie is too far left to be a good POTUS... but he wouldn't be a bad guy for a Democrat to have in his admin, especially someone who could rally the far lefters that think Ryan is too moderate

(08-22-2018, 08:05 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 07:47 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It blends beautifully with the delicious irony of a self described anti-fascist organization engaging in classic fascist tactics.

In their defense, none of them know what fascism  anything is to begin with.

Corrected. These guys can't even figure out their gender much less which ideology they follow.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Defending ex-gay therapy as compassionate? Hey.. Go [BLEEP] yourself. Seriously. Twice.

I am straight. But I know people who have endured that. Barbaric doesn't begin to describe it. Pence is a repressed phony who wants to impose his beliefs on the whole country. Pass.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(08-23-2018, 07:41 PM)Kotite Wrote: Defending ex-gay therapy as compassionate? Hey..  Go [BLEEP] yourself. Seriously. Twice.

I am straight. But I know people who have endured that. Barbaric doesn't begin to describe it. Pence is a repressed phony who wants to impose his beliefs on the whole country. Pass.

Impeach Trump and this is who you got.  Reality sucks huh?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(08-23-2018, 07:41 PM)Kotite Wrote: Defending ex-gay therapy as compassionate? Hey..  Go [BLEEP] yourself. Seriously. Twice.

I am straight. But I know people who have endured that. Barbaric doesn't begin to describe it. Pence is a repressed phony who wants to impose his beliefs on the whole country. Pass.

So he's really gay? That's what you're going with? Nice.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

You have issues. My brother and sister-in-law are gay, and even they aren't this upset over Pence and his beliefs. 

Also, you don't have proof that he supports gay conversation therapy. He simply said that he supported people who seek help changing their behavior. Do you not agree with helping people in that situation?

(08-23-2018, 10:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

You have issues. My brother and sister-in-law are gay, and even they aren't this upset over Pence and his beliefs. 

Also, you don't have proof that he supports gay conversation therapy. He simply said that he supported people who seek help changing their behavior. Do you not agree with helping people in that situation?

I’m confused.

(08-23-2018, 10:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 10:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You have issues. My brother and sister-in-law are gay, and even they aren't this upset over Pence and his beliefs. 

I’m confused.

My brother and my wife's sister.

(08-23-2018, 07:11 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 06:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Geez, what a weird question.  Aren't we in the United States of America, where one of our top hobbies is arguing about our beliefs?

This is on point! People on this board attempt to use false equivalency daily to make their point, no matter how ridiculous.

The good thing is that it really doesn't matter what we think, the fact of the matter is that .... this is just the beginning !

Beginning of disappointment for the left when it doesn't play out the way you wish it would...
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(08-23-2018, 11:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 07:11 AM)B2hibry Wrote: This is on point! People on this board attempt to use false equivalency daily to make their point, no matter how ridiculous.

The good thing is that it really doesn't matter what we think, the fact of the matter is that .... this is just the beginning !

Your TDS has really worsened since original diagnosis 19 months. I hear the CDC is making great strides. Hang in there, and we are all here for support.

(08-23-2018, 10:05 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 08:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If your belief is that not everyone deserves equal rights, then yea, you should be bashed.

Plus when the HIV outbreak occurred in Indiana where he was governor, Pence was against the clean needle exchange program which could have slowed down the outbreak. It took the county sheriff, state and federal health officials to help change his mind.

Was reading through my pocket constitution this morning, didn't see the right to illegal intravenous drug use.  What am I missing?  

And if his citizens are taxed then he should advocate for their money back

(08-24-2018, 08:43 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 10:05 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Plus when the HIV outbreak occurred in Indiana where he was governor, Pence was against the clean needle exchange program which could have slowed down the outbreak. It took the county sheriff, state and federal health officials to help change his mind.

Was reading through my pocket constitution this morning, didn't see the right to illegal intravenous drug use.  What am I missing?  

And if his citizens are taxed then he should advocate for their money back

Everything anyone ever wants you to pay for is covered in the General Welfare Clause. So pay up already.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato