Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Michael Cohen pleads guilty, say Trump directed him to commit the crimes

(08-23-2018, 07:41 PM)Kotite Wrote: Defending ex-gay therapy as compassionate? Hey..  Go [BLEEP] yourself. Seriously. Twice.

I am straight. But I know people who have endured that. Barbaric doesn't begin to describe it. Pence is a repressed phony who wants to impose his beliefs on the whole country. Pass.

Liar liar

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-24-2018, 08:43 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 10:05 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Plus when the HIV outbreak occurred in Indiana where he was governor, Pence was against the clean needle exchange program which could have slowed down the outbreak. It took the county sheriff, state and federal health officials to help change his mind.

He then used “Obamacare” Affordable care Act to help haut the outbreak. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/m...hiv-235153

Was reading through my pocket constitution this morning, didn't see the right to illegal intravenous drug use.  What am I missing?  

And if his citizens are taxed then he should advocate for their money back

The needle exchange program doesn’t endorse drug use. It’s goal just like the HIV/ AIDS crisis of the 80’s was to slow the spread of the virus through contaminated needles. The common theme between Regan and Pence was their “morals” conflicted with how to respond to the epidemic. That’s what you are missing. 

He can’t asked for money back because he promised HIP (Healthy Indiana Plan) will remain even if it’s repealed. 

Good try on the deflection.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(08-24-2018, 10:01 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 08:43 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Was reading through my pocket constitution this morning, didn't see the right to illegal intravenous drug use.  What am I missing?  

And if his citizens are taxed then he should advocate for their money back

The needle exchange program doesn’t endorse drug use. It’s goal just like the HIV/ AIDS crisis of the 80’s was to slow the spread of the virus through contaminated needles. The common theme between Regan and Pence was their “morals” conflicted with how to respond to the epidemic. That’s what you are missing. 

He can’t asked for money back because he promised HIP (Healthy Indiana Plan) will remain even if it’s repealed. 

So it endorses if drug use for what I perceive to be a good reason?  Ok.  Good talk.  Welcome back.

(08-24-2018, 10:05 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 10:01 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: The needle exchange program doesn’t endorse drug use. It’s goal just like the HIV/ AIDS crisis of the 80’s was to slow the spread of the virus through contaminated needles. The common theme between Regan and Pence was their “morals” conflicted with how to respond to the epidemic. That’s what you are missing. 

So it endorses if drug use for what I perceive to be a good reason?  Ok.  Good talk.  Welcome back.

Huh, 

Are you saying it’s a good thing people contracted the HIV/ AIDS virus through contaminated needles because they shouldn’t have been doing drugs in the first place?
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(08-25-2018, 08:56 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 10:05 PM)jj82284 Wrote: So it endorses if drug use for what I perceive to be a good reason?  Ok.  Good talk.  Welcome back.

Huh, 

Are you saying it’s a good thing people contracted the HIV/ AIDS virus through contaminated needles because they shouldn’t have been doing drugs in the first place?

How about...I don't care if they do and don't want my tax dollar wasted on preventing the negative consequences of self destructive behaviors. Sometimes nature just needs to chlorinate the gene pool.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2018, 10:18 AM by The Real Marty.)

(08-25-2018, 09:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 08:56 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Huh, 

How about...I don't care if they do and don't want my tax dollar wasted on preventing the negative consequences of self destructive behaviors. Sometimes nature just needs to chlorinate the gene pool.

It's a valid point.   Sort of like saying Medicare funds should not be used to treat smoking related illnesses, or obesity-related illnesses, or injuries caused by carelessness.

Of course, you also have to understand, there's no way to prevent these self-destructive behaviors from bleeding over into our own lives. People who make themselves sick or have accidents because of carelessness crowd the hospitals, go broke and fail to pay their bills, wander the streets, beg for money, rob people, and are in many ways such a bother and expense, it might be more cost-effective to have the government provide some measure of prevention.

It's a valid point.   Sort of like saying Medicare funds should not be used to treat smoking related illnesses, or obesity-related illnesses, or injuries caused by carelessness.

(08-25-2018, 10:14 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 09:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: How about...I don't care if they do and don't want my tax dollar wasted on preventing the negative consequences of self destructive behaviors. Sometimes nature just needs to chlorinate the gene pool.

Of course, you also have to understand, there's no way to prevent these self-destructive behaviors from bleeding over into our own lives.   People who make themselves sick or have accidents because of carelessness crowd the hospitals, go broke and fail to pay their bills, wander the streets, beg for money, rob people, and are in many ways such a bother and expense, it might be more cost-effective to have the government provide some measure of prevention.
A well regulated militia, being necessary to a free state..........

(08-25-2018, 10:22 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 10:14 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It's a valid point.   Sort of like saying Medicare funds should not be used to treat smoking related illnesses, or obesity-related illnesses, or injuries caused by carelessness.

Of course, you also have to understand, there's no way to prevent these self-destructive behaviors from bleeding over into our own lives.   People who make themselves sick or have accidents because of carelessness crowd the hospitals, go broke and fail to pay their bills, wander the streets, beg for money, rob people, and are in many ways such a bother and expense, it might be more cost-effective to have the government provide some measure of prevention.
A well regulated militia, being necessary to a free state..........

Oh man that's so hardcore jj! Your male genitalia must be at least a standard deviation above average size!  When someone asks you if you want to deal with more beggars and robbers you tell them that you'll just shoot them rather than think holistically! Wow.  Wyatt Earp and John Wayne are so proud of your individual spirit and find you devilishly handsome.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

The CDC is more concerned about a health crisis that could make its way down to affect innocent people, not some selfish-self centered person concerned about their tax dollars.

(08-21-2018, 07:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We're any of the charges related to Russia collusion? Asking for a friend.

Don't have to be. Mueller's directive was to investigate the Russian collusion and any other crimes that became apparent during that investigation. Chasing the money, which is the oldest investigative technique in the book, led him down a rabbit hole to obstruction of justice, campaign finance violations and use of a "news" publication as a hit squad (and he accuses others of fake news). Trump is attacking his own Attorney General for not obstructing the investigation.

The clock is ticking. It's getting louder.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2018, 02:19 PM by jj82284.)

(08-25-2018, 10:50 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 10:22 AM)jj82284 Wrote: A well regulated militia, being necessary to a free state..........

Oh man that's so hardcore jj! Your male genitalia must be at least a standard deviation above average size!  When someone asks you if you want to deal with more beggars and robbers you tell them that you'll just shoot them rather than think holistically! Wow.  Wyatt Earp and John Wayne are so proud of your individual spirit and find you devilishly handsome.

U have no problem having the state use guns to steal my property to pay for your good intentions but I say that I have protection as a deterrent and I'm "john Wayne"  lol.

(08-25-2018, 01:47 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(08-21-2018, 07:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We're any of the charges related to Russia collusion? Asking for a friend.

Don't have to be. Mueller's directive was to investigate the Russian collusion and any other crimes that became apparent during that investigation. Chasing the money, which is the oldest investigative technique in the book, led him down a rabbit hole to obstruction of justice, campaign finance violations and use of a "news" publication as a hit squad (and he accuses others of fake news). Trump is attacking his own Attorney General for not obstructing the investigation.

Article II
Fec commissioners & precedent.  

These are the concrete facts.  All I guys have is putting "hush money" or "hit squad" in quotes pretending it's a crime.  It's sad really.  Hundreds of millions of dollars of group therapy for TDS.  LOL.  

#MAGA

If the mandate allows him to pursue those charges, then obviously he's allowed to do it.

Are we searching until we find a crime? The investigation's purpose is supposed to be about Russian interference / collusion. The only evidence we have is government employees working with the DNC for a Clinton-funded (unverified) dossier created by a Brit using Russian intelligence. But Trump is the one we're supposed to believe colluded? We know top government officials and Clinton committed crimes. They're intimately tied to Mueller's investigation, and if they're not charged, it's because he chooses not to charge them. Why then should we allow an investigation that uses bias in choosing who to charge?

Mueller's investigation would be wildly more popular if he charged EVERYONE and not just those connected to Trump.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2018, 02:53 PM by homebiscuit.)

I'll say one thing for the left, they latch onto a motto until it's worn out. I see similar references all over the net. Unfortunately they don't understand that it's really the detonator which will cause their heads to explode when Trump isn't impeached or prosecuted AND appoints a Supreme Court judge.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2018, 02:58 PM by MalabarJag.)

Well that was what Cohen pleaded guilt to. That doesn't prove that it was an actual crime, since it was never tried in court. He was guilty of many more serious crimes, but pleaded guilty to a few of the less serious crimes in order to avoid spending the rest of his life in jail.

Paying a blackmailer is not a crime, the so-called crime was that the payoff was considered a campaign contribution that exceeded the limit.

If the payoff had been from the campaign account rather than Cohen, would it have been illegal use of campaign funds for personal use? I'd think so. Edwards was charged as such. If so then using campaign funds to pay a blackmailer is a crime, and using non-campaign funds to pay a blackmailer is a crime. Apparently no matter how you do it, paying a blackmailer can be construed as a crime.

Are you OK with the way the government is abusing the law to make innocent people into criminals? Are you?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Holy [BLEEP]! We've found the modern day Jesus Christ! A man who has NEVER EVER DONE ANYTHING WRONG- EVER! How fortunate we are to have this man in our presence to show us how to live the perfect life.  Wallbash 

I rarely stoop to the level of name calling because I find it useless, hurtful and counterproductive, but you make the exception. You are an idiot. Truly. Your mindset is exactly what is wrong with this country. You live in your little box where everything is "just so" and everything outside of it is "wrong". That's not how life works. 

Do we all make choices- good, bad, ugly, or indifferent - that put us where we are at this moment? Yes. But at the time of our choices things are not always what they seem; they're not always black & white. Given the "perfect storm" of circumstances we are all capable of some pretty terrific and pretty terrible things.

Show of hands...how many of you discounting Mueller's investigation because it has so far resulted only in indictments and convictions not directly related his original mandate were equally as dismissive of Ken Starr's investigation into the Whitewater land deal, which lasted longer, ended up with far fewer indictments and none against Clintons beyond an impeachment over an unrelated lie about a stained blue dress.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(08-25-2018, 04:13 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Show of hands...how many of you discounting Mueller's investigation because it has so far resulted only in indictments and convictions not directly related his original mandate were equally as dismissive of Ken Starr's investigation into the Whitewater land deal, which lasted longer, ended up with far fewer indictments and none against Clintons beyond an impeachment over an unrelated lie about a stained blue dress.

I think that one was stupid, too.

That lie, by the way, was under oath and considered perjury. Democrats are considering impeachment for Trump for crimes no one can prove.

Now for you... were you OK with the Starr investigation?

(08-25-2018, 03:29 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 09:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: How about...I don't care if they do and don't want my tax dollar wasted on preventing the negative consequences of self destructive behaviors. Sometimes nature just needs to chlorinate the gene pool.

Holy [BLEEP]! We've found the modern day Jesus Christ! A man who has NEVER EVER DONE ANYTHING WRONG- EVER! How fortunate we are to have this man in our presence to show us how to live the perfect life.  Wallbash 

I rarely stoop to the level of name calling because I find it useless, hurtful and counterproductive, but you make the exception. You are an idiot. Truly. Your mindset is exactly what is wrong with this country. You live in your little box where everything is "just so" and everything outside of it is "wrong". That's not how life works. 

Do we all make choices- good, bad, ugly, or indifferent - that put us where we are at this moment? Yes. But at the time of our choices things are not always what they seem; they're not always black & white. Given the "perfect storm" of circumstances we are all capable of some pretty terrific and pretty terrible things.

So I'm on the hook for your stupid decisions? Pardon me for being offended for how other people use my time, effort, and life without my consent. No, it's your problem, leave me out of it.

(08-25-2018, 01:00 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:

The CDC is more concerned about a health crisis that could make its way down to affect innocent people, not some selfish-self centered person concerned about their tax dollars.

That's nice. Especially how I'm selfish for wanting to keep what's mine. Jackass.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-25-2018, 07:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 03:29 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Holy [BLEEP]! We've found the modern day Jesus Christ! A man who has NEVER EVER DONE ANYTHING WRONG- EVER! How fortunate we are to have this man in our presence to show us how to live the perfect life.  Wallbash 

So I'm on the hook for your stupid decisions? Pardon me for being offended for how other people use my time, effort, and life without my consent. No, it's your problem, leave me out of it.

(08-25-2018, 01:00 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:  

That's nice. Especially how I'm selfish for wanting to keep what's mine. Jackass.

Yep that is being selfish. The world doesn’t revolve around just you.