Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Watson INTs

(08-23-2018, 07:06 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: He was a rookie, he's only going to improve in that department. Peyton Manning did play his entire rookie season and threw 28 (threw 23 his 4th year) by comparison. Deshaun will be fine..especially if he keeps tossing a plus 2:1 TD/INT ratio.

Sure, QBs of his type always get better, just like RG3 did.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-24-2018, 07:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 07:06 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: He was a rookie, he's only going to improve in that department. Peyton Manning did play his entire rookie season and threw 28 (threw 23 his 4th year) by comparison. Deshaun will be fine..especially if he keeps tossing a plus 2:1 TD/INT ratio.

Invince-able!!!!
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 06:44 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-24-2018, 07:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

(08-24-2018, 07:40 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 07:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sure, QBs of his type always get better, just like RG3 did.

Invince-able!!!!

Are you kidding me, RG3 and VY were both mature beyond their years and didn't have any entitlement issues whatsoever. They also had unmatched work ethics.. and how could anyone ever compete with the picture perfect mechanics and accuracy of VY?.. I mean, both of these guys were a coach's dream and very teachable, it's insulting to compare them to the knucklehead Watson is.

Total opposites of the bum we're stuck with. Damn I almost forgot, we passed on VY too! When will we learn?
Wallbash

Sorry you missed..... the Boat
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

This doesn't draw any conclusion, one way or the other.  But it's an interesting read.  Seems to belong here.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-24-2018, 08:03 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 07:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sure, QBs of his type always get better, just like RG3 did.

(08-24-2018, 07:40 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Invince-able!!!!

Are you kidding me, RG3 and VY were both mature beyond their years and didn't have any entitlement issues whatsoever. They also had unmatched work ethics.. and how could anyone ever compete with the picture perfect mechanics and accuracy of VY?.. I mean, both of these guys were a coaches dream and very teachable, it's insulting to compare them to the knucklehead Watson is.

Total opposites of the bum we're stuck with. Damn I almost forgot, we passed on VY too! When will we learn?
Wallbash

It's nice that you're getting the self-deprecation in early so you'll be ahead of reality later this Fall.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 05:01 PM by SeldomRite.)

It's funny watching Texans fans wave off the unusual number of ints while simultaneously touting the unusual number of TDs.

(08-24-2018, 04:58 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's funny watching Texans fans wave off the unusual number of ints while simultaneously touting the unusual number of TDs.

Not waiving them off.. just throwing all the numbers out there.

BTW.. aren't y'all waiving off the "unusual amount of TDs" while touting the "unusual amount of INTs"?

You can't just nitpick one aspect of a QBs line while ignoring everything else that was positive just because it doesn't fit your "Watson sucks/is going to fail" narrative. How is that fair?

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 09:24 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-24-2018, 04:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 08:03 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Are you kidding me, RG3 and VY were both mature beyond their years and didn't have any entitlement issues whatsoever. They also had unmatched work ethics.. and how could anyone ever compete with the picture perfect mechanics and accuracy of VY?.. I mean, both of these guys were a coaches dream and very teachable, it's insulting to compare them to the knucklehead Watson is.

Wallbash

It's nice that you're getting the self-deprecation in early so you'll be ahead of reality later this Fall.

Well I don't know what else to do.. apparently I'm not allowed to speak positive or be optimistic about my QB here so I went the other route.

BTW I have decided to just let this become the "if you think Watson isn't any good/is going to fail get it off your chest and post it here" thread.. So have at it Jag/Titan/Colts fans.. Go on record and tell us what you really think about Deshaun Watson. Regardless of which way this goes it should be a interesting and entertaining bump later on down the road.  Big Grin

(08-24-2018, 07:13 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 04:58 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's funny watching Texans fans wave off the unusual number of ints while simultaneously touting the unusual number of TDs.

BTW.. aren't y'all waiving off the "unusual amount of TDs" while touting the "unusual amount of INTs"?

You can't just nitpick one aspect of a QBs line while ignoring everything else that was positive just because it doesn't fit your "Watson sucks/is going to fail" narrative. How is that fair?

It's been well documented anyway that the positive aspects of his stats aren't as likely to continue as the negative ones are. Anyway, we'll get a chance to see how he looks against an elite defense in week 7.

(08-24-2018, 07:13 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:

I think both the INT and TD rates decrease this year.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I didn’t like him out of college but I have been nothing but impressed with him in the pros. With the way he throws TD passes, I doubt Texans fans are worried about his interceptions. When I watched him play as a rookie and this preseason, I see his decision making as a strength, and so far this preseason, he has been impeccable with the tight windows he can throw into and his ball placement. If you’re thinking he’s coming back worse because of his injury and being away from the game, think again.

Jaguars got to play him for a half in his rookie debut. That’s not the team you will be playing this season.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 09:22 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(08-24-2018, 09:07 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: I didn’t like him out of college but I have been nothing but impressed with him in the pros. With the way he throws TD passes, I doubt Texans fans are worried about his interceptions. When I watched him play as a rookie and this preseason, I see his decision making as a strength, and so far this preseason, he has been impeccable with the tight windows he can throw into and his ball placement. If you’re thinking he’s coming back worse because of his injury and being away from the game, think again.

Jaguars got to play him for a half in his rookie debut. That’s not the team you will be playing this season.

Was going to ask how he has looked this preseason.. havent seen one texans play. 
And i will admit i won a few games in a row when i picked him up on fantasy last season, after watching him destroy the tacks... Just hoping he has a rough 2nd season is all

(08-24-2018, 08:29 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 07:13 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Not waiving them off.. just throwing all the numbers out there.

I think both the INT and TD rates decrease this year.

The td rate definitely will. He only gets to play the titans twice.

(08-24-2018, 09:29 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 08:29 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I think both the INT and TD rates decrease this year.

Thats just uncalled for

(08-24-2018, 09:22 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 09:07 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: I didn’t like him out of college but I have been nothing but impressed with him in the pros. With the way he throws TD passes, I doubt Texans fans are worried about his interceptions. When I watched him play as a rookie and this preseason, I see his decision making as a strength, and so far this preseason, he has been impeccable with the tight windows he can throw into and his ball placement. If you’re thinking he’s coming back worse because of his injury and being away from the game, think again.

Was going to ask how he has looked this preseason.. havent seen one texans play. 
And i will admit i won a few games in a row when i picked him up on fantasy last season, after watching him destroy the tacks... Just hoping he has a rough 2nd season is all

He’s looked pretty amazing so far. I’m going to see what he does against the Rams. Maybe they will find a chink in his armor. I haven’t seen him harassed so much yet. Would like to see what he does now when a d-line gets after him. Last season, he would make you pay with his pocket presence and scrambling.

(08-24-2018, 09:29 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 08:29 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I think both the INT and TD rates decrease this year.

If that's what you're basing it on, He only played them once last year.

(08-24-2018, 07:21 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 04:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's nice that you're getting the self-deprecation in early so you'll be ahead of reality later this Fall.

Well I don't know what else to do.. apparently I'm not allowed to speak positive or be optimistic about my QB here so I went the other route.

BTW I have decided to just let this become the "if you think Watson isn't any good/is going to fail get it off your chest and post it here" thread.. So have at it Jag/Titan/Colts fans.. Go on record and tell us what you really think about Deshaun Watson. Regardless of which way this goes it should be a interesting and entertaining bump later on down the road.  Big Grin

Watson has talent, but I think defenses will catch up to him this year. He's going to be an injury risk especially now that he's got a bad wheel, his play style and lack of supporting cast is going to shorten his career.

(08-25-2018, 12:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 07:21 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Well I don't know what else to do.. apparently I'm not allowed to speak positive or be optimistic about my QB here so I went the other route.

Watson has talent, but I think defenses will catch up to him this year. He's going to be an injury risk especially now that he's got a bad wheel, his play style and lack of supporting cast is going to shorten his career.

What specifically do you mean by lack of supporting cast?

(08-25-2018, 05:30 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 12:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Watson has talent, but I think defenses will catch up to him this year. He's going to be an injury risk especially now that he's got a bad wheel, his play style and lack of supporting cast is going to shorten his career.

What specifically do you mean by lack of supporting cast?

Probably that scrub of a coaching staff. Your best coach went to the flaming thumbtacks