Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Watson INTs

(08-25-2018, 06:19 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 05:30 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: What specifically do you mean by lack of supporting cast?

Probably that scrub of a coaching staff. Your best coach went to the flaming thumbtacks

I was actually looking for a legit answer.  Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-25-2018, 05:30 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 12:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Watson has talent, but I think defenses will catch up to him this year. He's going to be an injury risk especially now that he's got a bad wheel, his play style and lack of supporting cast is going to shorten his career.

What specifically do you mean by lack of supporting cast?

I'd say OL, TE, and RB are definite weak areas. RB could rebound though, Lamar Miller used to be good. No one can say you lack at WR at all though.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2018, 10:28 AM by SeldomRite.)

(08-25-2018, 09:18 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 05:30 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: What specifically do you mean by lack of supporting cast?

I'd say OL, TE, and RB are definite weak areas. RB could rebound though, Lamar Miller used to be good. No one can say you lack at WR at all though.

They also badly overrate their defense. They're an aging and continually weakening bunch. They will be allowing a lot more points than their fans think they will.

OL is a weak link, leading to little running game, which means more pressure on the QB, and that means more hits for a guy with a bad wheel. I wouldn't be terribly optimistic, especialy if the defense is nothing special to help him out.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I like Watson as a talent, but I can't see him performing well behind that atrocity of an offensive line. That will be the Texans downfall. I can't really see any QB doing well behind that line. Didn't the Texans learn from David Carr? Watson is going to be under crazy pressure every game from opposing defenses. I wouldn't even play Watson if I were them, he is going to get destroyed mentally and physically. As a Jags fan, I say go ahead.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2018, 03:56 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

The offensive line has been overhauled since last season and has 4 new starters on it. They've been extremely solid in pass protection so far and I think they're the only offensive line that has yet to surrender a sack so far this preseason. Julién Davenport has done a excellent job and looks like a long term solution at the LT position. (It'll be awesome if we found our franchise QB and LT in the same draft) But yet it's preseason so we still have to wait to see if it carries over into the regular season. Today will be a great test though.. they will face one of the elite defensive lines in the league coached by Wade Phillips. I'm eager to see if they can hold up against that test.

(08-25-2018, 03:55 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: The offensive line has been overhauled since last season and has 4 new starters on it. They've been extremely solid in pass protection so far and I think they're the only offensive line that has yet to surrender a sack so far this preseason. Julién Davenport has done a excellent job and looks like a long term solution at the LT position. (It'll be awesome if we found our franchise QB and LT in the same draft) But yet it's preseason so we still have to wait to see if it carries over into the regular season. Today will be a great test though.. they will face one of the elite defensive lines in the league coached by Wade Phillips. I'm eager to see if they can hold up against that test.

Nobody schemes during the preseason, it is an evaluation process. Once a gameplan is put together, we will see what that O-line is made of. Outside looking in, bunch of castoffs and below avg. We will find out soon.

Looked great in the dress rehearsal tonight.

(08-25-2018, 07:02 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Looked great in the dress rehearsal tonight.

Look at that stat line!

3/6, 15 yards, INT
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Unfairly by his own FO, Watson will be exposed this upcoming season by that atrocious Oline. May never recover. Worst Oline in the game, by far.

You guys are seriously not watching these games. For the most part, their O-Line has looked great. Thank God they have Lamar Miller. He’s still fast but he doesn’t see these huge holes the line is opening for him. Overall, their line looks much improved from last season in pass protection and run blocking.

(08-25-2018, 08:54 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: You guys are seriously not watching these games. For the most part, their O-Line has looked great. Thank God they have Lamar Miller. He’s still fast but he doesn’t see these huge holes the line is opening for him. Overall, their line looks much improved from last season in pass protection and run blocking.

Let's see when the season hits bud. Big difference.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 05:08 PM by Mr.Scarface.)

(08-25-2018, 09:20 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 08:54 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: You guys are seriously not watching these games. For the most part, their O-Line has looked great. Thank God they have Lamar Miller. He’s still fast but he doesn’t see these huge holes the line is opening for him. Overall, their line looks much improved from last season in pass protection and run blocking.

Let's see when the season hits bud. Big difference.

LOL.  Texans are being so vanilla, it is boring.  They are not showing ANYTHING with Watson.  The first team defense played 3 series, didn't allow a completion (including Watt, Clowney....).  Watson has thrown 4, 8, and 6 passes in 3 games......lol.  Jags fans better be worried about Bortles.

Just now watching the Rams game. Watson is human after all. This is the first time a d-line really got after him this preseason and he threw it up for grabs and he ended up throwing a pick. Maybe he does something different in the regular season. There was room to run and he didn’t take it.

(08-26-2018, 08:18 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: Just now watching the Rams game. Watson is human after all. This is the first time a d-line really got after him this preseason and he threw it up for grabs and he ended up throwing a pick. Maybe he does something different in the regular season. There was room to run and he didn’t take it.

Why would he take the room in the preseason?

This is preseason. The trend I’m seeing is nearly every starting QB is struggling playing starting D’s without scheming. Some of the highest paid QBs have looked like trash, with some exceptions. The AFC South has not escaped this trend. If we were to use the preseason as a measuring stick: Watson has no read ability or progression sight, Luck is becoming Manning 2.0 and not in a good way, Mariota couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn even at 10 yards, and Bortles has regressed to forcing passes.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-25-2018, 08:54 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: You guys are seriously not watching these games.

(08-26-2018, 08:18 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: Just now watching the Rams game. Watson is human after all. 

Rolleyes

(08-26-2018, 03:04 PM)B2hibry Wrote: This is preseason. The trend I’m seeing is nearly every starting QB is struggling playing starting D’s without scheming. Some of the highest paid QBs have looked like trash, with some exceptions. The AFC South has not escaped this trend. If we were to use the preseason as a measuring stick: Watson has no read ability or progression sight, Luck is becoming Manning 2.0 and not in a good way, Mariota couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn even at 10 yards, and Bortles has regressed to forcing passes.

This is encouraging
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 04:56 PM by Psychop1.)

(08-26-2018, 03:43 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 08:54 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: You guys are seriously not watching these games.

(08-26-2018, 08:18 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: Just now watching the Rams game. Watson is human after all. 

Rolleyes

Believe it or not, there have been two games before this one. And their line overall is holding up way better than it did last season.

Wink

(08-26-2018, 01:42 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 08:18 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: Just now watching the Rams game. Watson is human after all. This is the first time a d-line really got after him this preseason and he threw it up for grabs and he ended up throwing a pick. Maybe he does something different in the regular season. There was room to run and he didn’t take it.

Why would he take the room in the preseason?

Well, he shouldn’t, but he probably shouldn’t chuck the ball into triple coverage either. I know there isn’t going to be much running in the preseason, but I was actually hoping to see if that is going to be a mental hurdle for him coming back from his injury.

(08-25-2018, 07:02 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Looked great in the dress rehearsal tonight.

He barely played