Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mass Shooting at Jax Landing

(08-30-2018, 08:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 08:30 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Do you really think the examples in bold were not supported by a majority of U.S. citizens who had the ability to freely vote?

So the government can be used as weapon against disfavored groups? You don't say. I'm glad you recognize the need, from the very beginnings of this country, that we must keep the government in check to prevent it's perversion for nefarious purposes against minority groups including the tiniest majority of all, the individual.

I agree, but I don't think efforts to keep guns out of the hands of the insane need be abandoned because of the possibility of government overreach.

Btw, Trump IS government now, and has a history sordid enough to warrant investigation, including what's happened since he started campaigning for the presidency. Painting him as a victim of government persecution is hilarious.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-30-2018, 09:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 08:53 PM)copycat Wrote: You admit then that the "process" is slow.  Going back to my original post in this thread, what protections are there for law abiding innocent people to prevent them from being added to "a list"?  You can call me paranoid all you want, but the reality is I am looking out for your rights, my rights, our kids rights and even their kids rights.  You speak of checks and balances and being confident in them, yet when I am asking about those very protections you suggest I am paranoid.  Is it too much to ask for caution?  Is it too much to look at unintended consequences?  Is it too much to look out for law abiding citizens rights in the current zeal to protect us from mentally ill individuals?  Finally where is the zeal to enforce the current laws on the books that are not being followed?

I'm sorry if I offended you. Wasn't my intention. 
I think part of the problem here is that we can't debate an actual proposed concrete piece of legislation. We are debating a hypothetical legislation. Due to that - I can't possibly defend every single imagined loophole or outlier "unintended victim" that other posters invent.  

I can only say that - big picture - I'm not nearly as fearful of those scenarios becoming reality as you are. And I think not even trying to limit the ability of the mentally unfit to easily purchase a gun is just giving up on something that can be at least better mitigated. 

That said. I feel like I'm needlessly repeating myself to those fundamentally opposed to what I'm saying, so I'm backing out of this one.

I totally disagree with this statement.  I think this is exactly what we/you and I are doing.

Perhaps I am not being clear here.  Something does need to be done we both and most people on either side agree on this.  

The suspect in this situation had not one but two red flags on his file.  Yet he was able to LEGALLY purchase firearms in Baltimore Maryland, of all places with all of the recent history there.  THAT is an issue is it not?  Before we add more laws is it too much to ask that we examine and review what is currently on the books?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(08-30-2018, 09:12 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 08:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So the government can be used as weapon against disfavored groups? You don't say. I'm glad you recognize the need, from the very beginnings of this country, that we must keep the government in check to prevent it's perversion for nefarious purposes against minority groups including the tiniest majority of all, the individual.

I agree, but I don't think efforts to keep guns out of the hands of the insane need be abandoned because of the possibility of government overreach.

Btw, Trump IS government now, and has a history sordid enough to warrant investigation, including what's happened since he started campaigning for the presidency. Painting him as a victim of government persecution is hilarious.

I don't like efforts that remove people's rights, especially over something vague like "mental health." And Trump isn't a dictator, he's an outsider, if he were then Mueller and his merry miscreants would've been up against the wall already.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We can always count on John Morgan to exploit a tragedy.

First lawsuit filed.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-31-2018, 07:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We can always count on John Morgan to exploit a tragedy.

First lawsuit filed.

They don't call them bottom feeders for no reason. Ambulance chasing scum. Nothing but a friggin drunk.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-31-2018, 07:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We can always count on John Morgan to exploit a tragedy.

First lawsuit filed.

Hey! He used his own hard earned money to fight for medical marijuana!
We have him to thank for its passing... he told me so on the radio.

Nevermind Levin/Papantonio's role in it... or the citizens who fought for and voted for it...

But yeah... lawyers gonna lawyer man...
They don't even need to ambulance chase anymore... there's a televised reason for lawsuit weekly.

Surprised Levin didn't get in on that...
but they're busy going after mesh implants and other Rx stuff

Is that the moron who tried to bully Jacksonville into signing Tim Tebow? Great judgement.

(09-02-2018, 04:17 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Is that the moron who tried to bully Jacksonville into signing Tim Tebow? Great judgement.

Yep.

(08-30-2018, 10:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 09:12 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I agree, but I don't think efforts to keep guns out of the hands of the insane need be abandoned because of the possibility of government overreach.

I don't like efforts that remove people's rights, especially over something vague like "mental health." And Trump isn't a dictator, he's an outsider, if he were then Mueller and his merry miscreants would've been up against the wall already.

So no amount of tragedies warrant any effort to keep guns out of the hands of the insane.

Trump is a dullard thug who has managed to paint himself as a persecuted outsider man of the people with remarkable effectiveness. Around 35% of the country think he really gives a crap about anything or anyone but himself. I'm constantly amazed that the champion so many have pined for to purge Washington turns out to be this clown.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(09-02-2018, 07:34 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 10:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't like efforts that remove people's rights, especially over something vague like "mental health." And Trump isn't a dictator, he's an outsider, if he were then Mueller and his merry miscreants would've been up against the wall already.

So no amount of tragedies warrant any effort to keep guns out of the hands of the insane.

Trump is a dullard thug who has managed to paint himself as a persecuted outsider man of the people with remarkable effectiveness. Around 35% of the country think he really gives a crap about anything or anyone but himself. I'm constantly amazed that the champion so many have pined for to purge Washington turns out to be this clown.

But your statement is false, we do have those efforts already.

And, according to you, Trump is dumb but smart enough to fool the electorate into voting him in, an insider who is under constant attack by the Establishment, and a clown who is doing what the people who voted him in sent him there to do...did I miss anything?