Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Take Care Of My Light Work

(09-01-2018, 12:48 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I don't even have a sense of smell and never have so i can't relate.

I would imagine that robs you of the ability to taste?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-01-2018, 07:24 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 12:48 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I don't even have a sense of smell and never have so i can't relate.

I would imagine that robs you of the ability to taste?

I can taste stuff but it's probably not as.....flavorful as it would be if I could smell. I don't miss having a sense of smell since you can't really miss what you never had, but I would love to be able to smell dark chocolate, brewing coffee or steak cooking on a grill.

Congenital anosmia?
For real for real?

That sucks... 

Hmmmmm? A woman...who has no earthly reason to complain about a stankin air biscuit?

Do the benefits out weigh the inability to Dutch oven her? The things we have to know.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 10:37 PM by americus 2.0.)

(09-05-2018, 03:04 PM)Kane Wrote:

Congenital anosmia?
For real for real?

That sucks... 

True story. No one else in my family has the issue but. I was literally dropped on my head as a baby- less than a year old- and had to have holes drilled into my skull to relieve brain swell pressure. That could be the reason why I can't smell but who knows?

(09-05-2018, 03:29 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Hmmmmm? A woman...who has no earthly reason to complain about a stankin air biscuit?

Do the benefits out weigh the inability to Dutch oven her? The things we have to know.

My husband doesn't float air bicuits, he drops juicy sounding air grenades so I still suffer on an auditory level. Lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-05-2018, 10:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 03:04 PM)Kane Wrote: Congenital anosmia?
For real for real?

That sucks... 

True story. No one else in my family has the issue but. I was literally dropped on my head as a baby- less than a year old- and had to have holes drilled into my skull to relieve brain swell pressure. That could be the reason why I can't smell but who knows?

(09-05-2018, 03:29 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Hmmmmm? A woman...who has no earthly reason to complain about a stankin air biscuit?

My husband doesn't float air bicuits, he drops juicy sounding air grenades so I still suffer on an auditory level. Lol

Loss of taste and smell happen in 1 out 4 traumatic brain injuries so it's a good bet that's the cause. I'm pretty sure the OP can't smell or taste anything either.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-06-2018, 12:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 10:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: True story. No one else in my family has the issue but. I was literally dropped on my head as a baby- less than a year old- and had to have holes drilled into my skull to relieve brain swell pressure. That could be the reason why I can't smell but who knows?

Loss of taste and smell happen in 1 out 4 traumatic brain injuries so it's a good bet that's the cause. I'm pretty sure the OP can't smell or taste anything either.

I'm certain this explains a few other things about me. Lol. But for real, I never even heard the words "traumatic brain injury" until our troops were coming back from the sandbox with them. I just know what happened to me and never thought twice about it since I'm functional and no one ever said anything.  

When I was a teenager a family friend was cutting my hair and she freaked out because I had two dents in the top of my skull, probably quarter sized and not very deep, from where they drilled into it. I'd honestly never noticed them because no one said it wasn't normal. That's when my mom told me what happened. I freaked out a bit, as a teenager would, but then realized it didn't change anything.